As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EverQuest 2] Now Fully F2P, no more silly splitting of the population!

• YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    KingMole wrote: »
    You guys missed the late-night KingMole and Harsh Show (tm) in Fallen Gate. There was leveling, loot, AAs, big pulls, and near-death experiences! (Also one actual death experience but we shrugged it off!)

Near-death experiences caused by taunts apparently AOEing! And by loot you mean one item for my bruiser, everything else being something that was +INT. I've still got a few quests to do in there Harsh if you want to go again tonight.

Moorening, we're on Antonia Bayle. The best solo classes are the summoner classes (necromancer/conjuror), followed by the druids (fury/warden). Every class can solo from 1 to 80, just certain classes are better at it than others. If you love being DPS, try a wizard. Wizards from EQ2 have become the image in my head of "glass cannon." Their main hope in a fight is that they'll kill it before it can hit them (in the late teens I was dropping mobs in two spell casts).
    OremLK wrote: »
    This game is going to own WoW's socks off in 2004.

I like it more than WoW now, and in 2004 I liked WoW more than EQ2.

Are folks active on this server? I'd consider re-rolling there since my highest character is only level 20, it'd be worth it to have some folks to chum around with.

Now, if I can decide who better deserves the title "Death Fairy", arasai necro or arasai sk (could do a fey as well, but I really can't be assed to level up and do the betrayal quest just to have slightly differant wings).

Yoshua on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yoshua wrote: »
    Are folks active on this server? I'd consider re-rolling there since my highest character is only level 20, it'd be worth it to have some folks to chum around with.

The honest short answer seems to be "No." There are apparently several people who play, but not at the same times or in the same amounts. For myself, EQ2 is my "alt MMO" when I need a breather from City of Heroes, so my time isn't consistent. Several other Antonia Bayle folks seem to drift in and out as well. (That said, AB seems to be a nice, populated server regardless, and there are lots of big active guilds.)

Also "Death Fairy" screams necro to me.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Like we need another necro, Harsh.

Normally I'd be playing more, but I'm playing a long EU3 game that we're actually trying to finish (as opposed to just abandoning it).

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
    edited June 2008
    Game Update 46 is live. The world event quest is a lot more involved this month. Sadly it sounds like crazy repetition will be needed to get full sets of the reward armors or many of the other items, but at least the stuff is mainly for show.

Also, as soon as I'm done patching I'll be on Nerrin (who's 39 now, whoo!). Not sure what I'll be doing, probably running through the good-side event at least once. Happy to have other PAers join me.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I just bought the game and it should be arriving in a couple of days while I work through the trial, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on this board waiting to understand some of the references and such :). Hope to get the boyfriend roped into it when he gets his new computer in a bit, too. If you see Taveeren the Arasai Necro around, say hi!

sidhaethe on
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Allright. So since they're giving away free time, I figured I may as well give it another go. I made a berserker and started on the RoK gorowyn island, and so far I've been pretty impressed. But ever since I hit level 20, it seems like the game has become a lot more difficult....everythings whooping me into submission, and sitting to regenerate is boring. I was destroying everything before 20

Have a few questions for you guys, where do you get containers to sell stuff to the broker? why do I need containers? maybe I should use my house market bulletin board instead?

Also, why do you get new skills that are essentially the same as the old ones but stronger? why not just upgrade the old ones? it seems like it'll get really ridiculous and cluttered later in the game

Finally, am I supposed to be this weak at this level? what m i doing rong?

thanks

Asamof the Horrible on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Brokers can hold any container. Most people early on will do best buy crafting/buying a wooden box to use. They hold more than bags and the only drawback is they're heavy as shit but it doesn't matter when on the broker.

As for selling from your house/bulletin board you need the special merchant crate thing which I forget the exact name of. You can't just sell stuff out of a regular box in your house.

Never played a berserker so I can't answer the other questions.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited June 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    Brokers can hold any container. Most people early on will do best buy crafting/buying a wooden box to use. They hold more than bags and the only drawback is they're heavy as shit but it doesn't matter when on the broker.

As for selling from your house/bulletin board you need the special merchant crate thing which I forget the exact name of. You can't just sell stuff out of a regular box in your house.

The market bulletin board in your house is just "remote access" to the same bags/boxes you have in the broker slots. It is the exact same broker, except you can't buy anything from your room. No special boxes needed.

Asamof, I've found the difficulty curve to be pretty linear. If you're having trouble at level 20, there's a few things you might be able to do (my apologies if any of this is old hat for you, not sure how much you played before):

- Upgrade your spells or combat arts to Adept I or even Adept III -- or at least Apprentice IV if money is tight. (Note that Apprentice III and Adept II levels do not exist, and Apprentice II is useless.)

- Make sure you're using the highest-ranked version of each spell/CA. You should be on rank 2 of some by 20. When you leveled, the new icons should have been put on your hotbar automatically, but if you didn't have room on hotbar 1 they might be hidden on hotbars 2-10. Add a new hotbar to check.

And yes, this does result in a lot of unused lower-rank skills and a lot of seemingly unnecessary name variations. I gather this is 1) a money sink, and 2) gives the player some choice in Power usage. I don't know about fighters, but on my priest I almost always want to use the highest rank available (assuming it's not Apprentice I still). There are exceptions when I'm trying to save power where I'll use a downranked version, especially for heals.

- Upgrade your gear. I've heard Timorous Deep quested gear is pretty damn awesome, better than handcrafted and oldworld drops even til 30, so maybe you need to make sure you didn't miss any weapon- or armor-rewarding quests. If not, check the broker for level 20 handcrafted gear for your class, which should be cheap and perfectly adequate.

- Make sure your gear isn't broken... visit a mender and Repair All.

- Make sure you're not trying to fight Heroic mobs solo.

- Make sure you've equipped and are consuming food and drink. These are what speed up between-combat health and power regeneration. This stuff should be cheap -- you don't need to worry about the stat-boosting consumables, just plain old +health and +power ones. You can equip consumables above your level, so buy whatever's most affordable per the duration it lasts.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

edited June 2008
    Thanks for the helpful answers fight and harsh.

A lot of those suggestions are pretty old hat, but I appreciate you taking the time to type it out, thanks. The upgrading bit was helpful, though adept 1 is pretty expensive, and adept 3 is crazy expensive for my funds. I've been doing all the quests that I can find, and I'm pretty sure I did the majority in gorowyn/mok rent.

Now that I've figured out the broker, I should be able to afford adept 1's if my skill books sell anytime soon

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited June 2008

A lot of those suggestions are pretty old hat, but I appreciate you taking the time to type it out, thanks. The upgrading bit was helpful, though adept 1 is pretty expensive, and adept 3 is crazy expensive for my funds. I've been doing all the quests that I can find, and I'm pretty sure I did the majority in gorowyn/mok rent.

Now that I've figured out the broker, I should be able to afford adept 1's if my skill books sell anytime soon

As a new player it's probably a decent idea to take the appropriate tradeskill for your class skills. Fighters use alchemy. Doing it this way keeps you in adept IIIs or at worst app IVs. Then just use an alt to make your weapons/armor. You can generally find decent gear on the broker for relatively cheap compared to trying to buy all of your adept IIIs (since you usually only upgrade big every 10 levels, but I always ended up using an alt to craft my weapons/armor anyway).

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Adept IIIs are made using rare harvested materials, specifically the rares from mining nodes. Which makes them expensive as shit. Sometimes the T1 rares are cheap, but you outlevel all of those by 20 or so anyway so it's not worth the money.

Adept Is are transmutable, and that makes them worth quite a bit more than they ought to be. Adept I isn't appreciably better than Apprentive IV in most cases, so it's typically not worth the cash.

Master Is are not only really rare, but they transmute into the rarest transmuting components so they are inflated way out of proportion. These only become worth the cost at levels 30+ for your most-used abilities, and even then only if the Master I is not that much more than the Adept 3. But onec you're going 14 levels between upgrades of an ability the investment can be worth it, especially for primary heal spells as a healer, or primary nukes as a caster, or for pet spells. Stuff like that.

Apprentive IVs tend to be pretty cheap, and its also usually cheap to buy the materials and hire someone to make the ones you need. They're good enough to get you by and you should plan to get AppIV immediately after getting a new ability, and then upgrade from there as money allows.

With all that said, it's not really hard to make enough gold to afford Adept IIIs or Master Is of everything. Harvesting is easy money, especially at T4 and higher, but even T2 and T3 rares are worth significant gold. Keep every Treasured (or better) item you loot and put it on the broker, transmuters will still pay decent cash for items that are otherwise useless. You can also make a crazy amount of cash with transmuting, if you abuse that skill properly it basically mints plat with minimal effort. And no, you don't even have to have a high skill in it to make money.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for the info everyone. So adept 1 is the pretty much the same as apprentice 4? Good info, i'll check that out.

It seems my options are to just keep playing and get by on what quest money I make for skill upgrades and weapons/armor, pick up alchemy for skills and use an alt for weapons+armor, or pick up harvesting/transmuting and figure out how to make money with that.

I was kinda hoping to avoid tradeskills, since they bore me to death in WoW. But it seems that these tradeskills will be pretty helpful, so I'll give it a shot

also, just something I thought about. How much more are my skills going to get replaced by other skills? Because if I upgrade wild strike with a skillbook, what will happen when I get a replacement skill for wild strike? Will it really outdo all those later skills?

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited June 2008
    I don't know if you can do it without them, but selling rare craft materials that I had no use for was the only way I ever found to make any money in the game.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited June 2008
    It seems my options are to just keep playing and get by on what quest money I make for skill upgrades and weapons/armor, pick up alchemy for skills and use an alt for weapons+armor, or pick up harvesting/transmuting and figure out how to make money with that.

I was kinda hoping to avoid tradeskills, since they bore me to death in WoW. But it seems that these tradeskills will be pretty helpful, so I'll give it a shot

Tradeskilling in EQ2 is pretty fun, actually. It's set up to be a bit like a combat encounter. There's a nice tutorial for it. I can't compare it to WoW. You don't need to craft all your own stuff, either; like AresProphet said, your CAs are most important and frequently upgraded so that's just a logical place to start. There's a lot of crafters in-game... some people play EQ2 almost solely for the crafting.

Money-saving tip - Harvest the types of nodes that provide the rares for your mastercrafted armor and spells/CAs. Then ask for a crafter in the alignment_crafting channel to craft your MC gear using your rares. Oh, and harvest Roots. They're the only consistently valuable common harvestable for the first few tiers.

Also, money-making tip - Gather every single shiny ? you see. Every one. You can then add the gathered item to your own collections (getting quest and AA xp for completion), or sell them -- and some of them go for rather big money. Almost all the money I've made was from collectables.
    also, just something I thought about. How much more are my skills going to get replaced by other skills? Because if I upgrade wild strike with a skillbook, what will happen when I get a replacement skill for wild strike? Will it really outdo all those later skills?

Each class has several different "lines" of skills with the same function and similar/related names. You generally get a new rank skill in each line every 14 levels. So a level 15 skill like Wild Strike gets a better version with a new name at 29 (Coup de Grace), but that 29 version starts at Apprentice I. Your level 15 version remains usable at whatever upgrade you had it at, but even upgraded it likely won't be as good as the level 29 Apprentice I. You can't unlearn or sell older skills or upgrades, the money for an upgraded skillbook is just the cost of using that skill more efficiently for 14 levels. And really, it ends up being a pretty small cost.

Also, every so often you get to choose a skill to be upgraded, for free, to Master II (aka awesome). Press L to look at your choices (there's a bunch of other stuff on the same screen). This can really make a difference, since it means that at least one of your major, oft-used skills is Master II quality.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    FightTest wrote: »
    I don't know if you can do it without them, but selling rare craft materials that I had no use for was the only way I ever found to make any money in the game.

Quests from about 55-80 give tons of cash. I made enough cash from some of the quests in the Loping Plains and Barren Sky to buy a full set of level 62 MC wizard gear that was selling for 1p25g to 1p50g a piece.

Glad to see people are playing this again. I started playing about a month before this thread came up and have singlehandedly brought the old PA guild on Mistmoore from level 13 to level 16 (soon 17 or 18, whenever I can be bothered to finish some old HQs).

If anyone is on Mistmoore look out for Iseal (you can visit my house at 2 Lucie Street, across from the Broker in South Qeynos).
    EQ2_000003.jpg
    Edit: I'm not sure what my Minion of Ro is about to do to me, but it doesn't look pleasant.

I also have Hruuk an Ogre Monk on Crushbone and Azhi a Sarnark Inquisitor also on Crushbone.

Invisible on
    edited June 2008
    FYI for those who want an easy time with the new world event, besides grouping, /yell at the mobs. They immediately despawn without attacking. It makes repeating the quest much more bearable since they don't drop any loot (not even vendor trash or L&L, actually L&L attacks don't work on them) and the faster you clear them the faster they respawn.

Invisible on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    IF anyone has questions or what not my Monk, Ghene, is on usually 10pm arizona time till late and afternoons on saturdays till raid time. Been active in this game since launch, minus a brief betrayal to wow. Play on Antonia Bayle doing writs, RunnyEye 2.0, and doing the void quests (Monk katanas!)

Psychotic One on
    edited June 2008
    So folks, is there anyone who'd be interested in running the Splitpaw and/or Bloodlines adventure packs with me? Splitpaw scales levels 20-50, and Bloodlines is 30-40. My Fury is 41 now, and I want to run these timelines to get the exclusive spells from them before Bloodlines goes grey. I've heard they're both pretty good, and the special spells/CAs are neat - the druid-specific spell from Bloodlines is a power buff that I really need to get. There's a (soloable) quest in Splitpaw that can be done once per level and apparently gives about 25% of a level of XP, which is kinda shocking.

My plan is to get 42 this weekend and find a tailor to make my MC chest piece, then run these timelines. A partner or two in the 30-42 range would be most excellent! This is on Antonia Bayle, and I mainly play at night Eastern time. The adventure pack timelines are broken into distinct quests and dungeons, so we could work on them over a few days. Send me a PM or post here if you're interested.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Splitpaw is fun. I did all the solo quests there, they're an amusing distraction; I loved the arena event (though as a Dirge, the fight with 3 enemies at once was tricky as all hell). Didn't try the group ones though, as I had no-one to do them with then.

Glal on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So folks, is there anyone who'd be interested in running the Splitpaw and/or Bloodlines adventure packs with me? Splitpaw scales levels 20-50, and Bloodlines is 30-40. My Fury is 41 now, and I want to run these timelines to get the exclusive spells from them before Bloodlines goes grey. I've heard they're both pretty good, and the special spells/CAs are neat - the druid-specific spell from Bloodlines is a power buff that I really need to get. There's a (soloable) quest in Splitpaw that can be done once per level and apparently gives about 25% of a level of XP, which is kinda shocking.

My plan is to get 42 this weekend and find a tailor to make my MC chest piece, then run these timelines. A partner or two in the 30-42 range would be most excellent! This is on Antonia Bayle, and I mainly play at night Eastern time. The adventure pack timelines are broken into distinct quests and dungeons, so we could work on them over a few days. Send me a PM or post here if you're interested.
    wish i could help, my fury is 55 and my next highest is my 25 SK :( ... maybe i could get him up to 30 though fairly easily....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sadly, my arasai conjurer is only level 20, or I'd love to help. Or do anything with someone from PA for that matter.

Yoshua on
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've been playing eq2 since launch and still like it. For your viewing pleasure, here's all the biggest and baddest dragons from the Rise of Kunark expansion:

Druushk -
    EQ2_000034.jpg

Hoshkar -
    EQ2_000038.jpg

Silverwing -
    EQ2_000045.jpg

Phara Dar -
    EQ2_000043.jpg

Trakanon -
    EQ2_000046.jpg

Sorry for the screenshot quality. My computer is in desperate need of an upgrade. Also, just noticed I don't have a good shot of Nexona or Xygoz. I'll have to remember to get them on my next run through VP.

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
    edited June 2008
    Okay, so I upgraded my weapon on the auction house, and I still get my ass kicked by monsters my level or below. I asked in the /2 channel what was up with that, and they told me to upgrade to a master crafted 1 hand and 1 shield.

I picked a berserker because I didn't want to use a sword n shield, but it looks like I'm going to have to now. I would make the switch to sword/buckler, but it looks like everything is crazy expensive. I wonder why my quests didn't provide me with a viable weapon...

I've already taken up alchemy and spent a ton of time to upgrade all my skills to atleast apprentice 4. All this work isn't really paying off, and I'm ready to quit. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Asamof the Horrible on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Really it isn't so much your weapon as your armor, whoever told you first to get a friggin' one hander and shield was a dumbass. I played a Froglok Berserker to about 30, at 22 someone made me a full set of mastercrafted armor for that level. I'm guessing you are still wearing the stuff from Mok Rent, which should be good... if you didn't start in Timorous Deep I suggest you go and do the quests at Mok Rent anyway since you'll get gear x10 better then at other zones of that level and you'll also get plenty of AA experience.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, armour makes or breaks you. Though at 22 I recommend doing the class set quests, much cheaper than buying mastercrafted, plus you'll get a couple of levels just doing those.

Glal on
    edited June 2008
    Already did the mok rent quests, got the armor set there. Never got a weapon upgrade from mok rent, and I'm pretty sure I did most of the quests.

Current weapon I'm using is a 2handed carbonite claymore, 17 str 17 int 30 health 30 power, 18-100 damage, 6 second delay. Got it pretty cheap, and I was told in /2 that it's pretty lousy, and that I need to upgrade to mastercrafted.

and by class set quest, I'm assuming you mean this http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Feral_Strength_(Armor_Set) comparing to my current set, it has more mitigation and pretty much the same stats. Seems good so I'll do it once I find a way to get to freeport

thanks fellows, hopefully the game will start to pick up again soon..

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited June 2008
    I wish I could offer more advice, but my only experience has been on a druid. I've been able to get by just fine with quest reward stuff (pre-RoK, so not that good), a couple of purchased drops, and handcrafted.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

edited June 2008
    You missed some quests in Mok Rent then, there is a spot all the way through the Throm cave in the later part of the island. It seems you are using a two-hander as well, and as sad as it makes me to say that is horrible for a Berserker. The best thing to do is get a couple of one-handers instead and you'll likely end up doing better. A two-hander is simply too slow and doesn't have enough extra 'dps' to give a reason to use one over two one-handed weapons.

Arthil on
    edited June 2008
    Whoo, someone just bought a LoN booster pack I got as a drop for 6 plat and 45 gold! Harsh is happy! :rotate:

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I might have got back into this for the free period if I hadn't just cancelled AOC and started playing Vanguard.

I used to really enjoy the crafting in EQ2 but I never progressed that far in the game on account of playing other MMO's.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited June 2008
    So to pass some time I decided to reinstall since it's free for another month. Made a new char in TD to check out the new area and wow the newb rewards are crazy compared to the old ones. I hope they revamped the rewards on the isles as well because if not people who can't start in TD got the shaft.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited June 2008
    Nope... for some reason they don't seem to think that revamping the older content to be on the same level as the newer, shinier content makes any sense. However you can just leave the island at Level 1, get yourself to Timorous Deep and then to the starting area to do the quests.

Arthil on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Nope... for some reason they don't seem to think that revamping the older content to be on the same level as the newer, shinier content makes any sense. However you can just leave the island at Level 1, get yourself to Timorous Deep and then to the starting area to do the quests.
    this has always been a problem with MMO's sadly, at least currently there's still reason to venture into the old world content.......in EQ1 there's just absolutely no reason to go to any of the old world stuff, ever....hopefully EQ2 never comes to that but I assume it will someday

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought when they were desiging eq2 content, they were intentionlay doing it in a way that made you have to go to old world places. I'm sure this has changed in the 2+ years since i really played.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited June 2008
    Draeven wrote: »
    I thought when they were desiging eq2 content, they were intentionlay doing it in a way that made you have to go to old world places. I'm sure this has changed in the 2+ years since i really played.

Well, you will go to them eventually. Many, many, many quests are still centered on Qeynos and Freeport and the old dungeons near them. It's really just the old starting areas and lower-level quests that have been made obsolete, but even then people do the level 10+ stuff for AA.

The really glaring problem with the TD quest loot is that it outshines player-made gear pre-30 (maybe even some MC), and blows the AQs out of the water. The TD gear I've seen on level 15s has been about as good as what I had at 30, wearing my AQ. They should at least go back and revamp AQ stats (which I think they've done once before). Other old quest reward gear has been out of whack for much longer than Kunark's release.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Played this a bunch yesterday. Free game time ftw!. The new starter zone is insane. I did every quest there and got my little warden up to 20 with batshit insane equipment. Also do a /claim. There's some new thing you can get for the event and it will teleport you right to the new starter zone. Not that it's super hard to get there in the first place.

Sirson on
    edited June 2008
    Draeven wrote: »

Well, you will go to them eventually. Many, many, many quests are still centered on Qeynos and Freeport and the old dungeons near them. It's really just the old starting areas and lower-level quests that have been made obsolete, but even then people do the level 10+ stuff for AA.

The really glaring problem with the TD quest loot is that it outshines player-made gear pre-30 (maybe even some MC), and blows the AQs out of the water. The TD gear I've seen on level 15s has been about as good as what I had at 30, wearing my AQ. They should at least go back and revamp AQ stats (which I think they've done once before). Other old quest reward gear has been out of whack for much longer than Kunark's release.

The mage stuff definitely outshines MC equipment, but the warrior stuff doesn't. It's passable until the 30s, but MC steel plate at 22 offers much better mitigation and stats. They really need to redo some of the HQ rewards, for how hard some of them are to get, they're rarely worth it for more than a few levels (if that) and the AQs either need to be made easier (no more heroic last step) or have the stats significantly increased.

Though didn't they just redo Runneye or did they just add a new zone? So at least they haven't completely forgotten the older zones.

Invisible on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    They added a new zone for level 80's. Runnyeye 2.0 is what players are calling it I think.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited June 2008
    Just upgraded to dual wielding, and everything is cool now. Not to keep whining, but I just started the class armor quest in freeport, and my god is it awful... I've never been commonlands before, and it's freaking huge. It's no good when the quest giver tells you that what you're looking for is somewhere west in such a gigantic zone..

I recently got to the sewer portion, and navigating is a real bitch. No maps, and plenty of aggro mobs has made this a pretty unpleasent experience. I got mostly everything I need except for mucus slugs, which I just can't seem to find anywhere in edgewater drains. Thank god I'm half way done with this questline

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited June 2008
    Invisible on