As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

**PRE-PAX 2008 DINNER: THANKS AND AFTERMATH**

AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Hello everyone! :) I'm going to make this annoucment short and sweet :P:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have finally launched. Documents have been signed, checks have been written, and it's time for this train to leave the station. So, here are the final dinner details:

Pre-PAX 2008 Dinner

WHERE: Naval Reserve Building - Great Hall
860 Terry Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

WHEN: August 28, 2008 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm

WHAT: Meet and greet your fellow attendees over a tasty Italian buffet (see below for specifics). Extras planned but not guaranteed: Random multimedia, a short keynote by Chris Taylor, Kim Swift hanging out with some other people from Valve, and if attendance exceeds 200 people (and we don't have unforseen cost overruns), any excess money will be donated to Childs' Play! So, bring as many friends as you can, it's for the children. (That's supposed to be sarcastic, not a guilt trip.)

ADMISSION: $30/person. All money goes directly to costs. Any money in excess of costs will be donated to the Childs' Play Charity.

This is the final countdown, so don't miss our third and greatest year. No waves! No haggling over bills and tax rates! w00t! 8-)

Preregister here: :arrow: http://prepax2008dinner.eventbrite.com/

ADMISSION BY PREREGISTERED TICKET ONLY. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD OR ARRANGED AT THE DOOR. If we sell anything on the premises, it gets taxed directly by the City of Seattle because the facility is owned by the city.

This is an ALL AGES event - no alcohol will be served at the dinner, so the whole family can come!

The Menu
The dinner consists of the following menu items:
  • Traditional Caesar Salad with Garlic Croutons & Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese :^:
  • Penne Rigate Tossed with Roast Garlic Sherry Cream & Hearty Marinara Sauces :^: (maranara not a meat sauce)
  • Sweet Italian Sausage Sautéed with a Colorful Array of Fresh & Pickled Peppers in Rich Merlot Demi Glace
  • Italian Beef Meatballs & Button Mushrooms in Rich Merlot Demi Glace
  • Garlic Cheese Bread, & Locally Made Artisan Breads Served with Herbed Olive Oil and Butter :^:
  • Balsamic Marinated Roasted & Grilled Vegetable Platter :^:
  • Fresh Strawberry Shortcake Served with Whipped Cream :^:

:^: = Vegetarian Friendly.

If you're really into legal stuff, feel free to read the waiver here: http://www.noceiling.net/prepax08dinnerwaiver.html

PRE-REGISTRATION WILL END ON WEDNESDAY AUGUST 27TH 2008 @ 3:00PM! 8-) BUY YOUR TICKET(S) TODAY!

An added plus this year is that the Pre-PAX 2008 Dinner will be featured in the PAX08 DVD. Porkfry and a film crew will be there at the beginning of the dinner to record (and probably interview a few folks). This is the first time pre-PAX events will be featured on the official DVD. Come and be a part of PAX history! :)

Food Allergy Alert: The mix used to make the strawberry shortcake dessert may be made with nuts. Assume all other food will be made in an environment where nuts, wheat, soy, shellfish, and other allergens are (or may be) present.

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!:rotate:<3

-=Astayonix=-
http://www.n37radio.com
Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
Astayonix on

• Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's such a relief that we're able to finally open this. The only thing that's kept me going through all the work has been the vision of unmitigated awesomeness. (And specifically getting to meet Chris Taylor, after spending years of my life playing Total Annihilation, reading fan fiction for same, reviewing maps for same, administrating forums for... you get the idea.)

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It's such a relief that we're able to finally open this. The only thing that's kept me going through all the work has been the vision of unmitigated awesomeness. (And specifically getting to meet Chris Taylor, after spending years of my life playing Total Annihilation, reading fan fiction for same, reviewing maps for same, administrating forums for... you get the idea.)

WARNING:!!:: FANBOY AHEAD.....

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ssssh! Don't scare him away!

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Someone ask him wtf is taking so long at patching supcom:fa :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have made my purchase.

Don't forget to provide your forum name guys and gals. I bet there is a reason why that field is there! :winky:

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yes, forum names are important because it's all we really know about practically everybody.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    you should see if you could advertise this in the little envelope thing you get with your PAX pass a couple weeks before PAX... then more people would know to sign up and thus more money towards childs play

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You've got to pay to get your event, booth, swag, etc. put into the PA mailer that goes out when they ship the badges. We've got no budget for that, and it's a forum community event. This is primarily a dinner for those who want to get together from the forums. If people want to give specifically to Child's Play, that's awesome, but that's not the goal of this dinner. If we have any $$ left over, then it goes to Child's Play, but this is not in and of itself a fund-raising event.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    As soon as i locate my credit card, me and Lewie will be booked.

Thank you sooooooo much for organising this. xoxoxoxoxoxo

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How does the sale of tickets work? How do you know who has paid and how do we get these tickets?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Read the OP, it's pretty obvious. Go to the registration website, register and pay there.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wooooooooooo, 2 tickets bought, for me and LewieP!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'll be purchasing mine just after the first of the month. I've had to take a lot of time off work this month so I want to make sure rent and such is taken care of before I spend on anything else.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Purchased. My buddy and I will be there. Excellent work, just excellent.

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Haterot wrote: »
    Purchased. My buddy and I will be there. Excellent work, just excellent.

Can I play with your My Buddy? We could have so many fun adventures together.
    mybuddy.jpg

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Snickers wrote: »
    I'll be purchasing mine just after the first of the month. I've had to take a lot of time off work this month so I want to make sure rent and such is taken care of before I spend on anything else.

You've got plenty of time. :) Don't feel a tremendous amount of pressure if you can't do it right now. I understand things are tight. Also, we are also taking personal checks, so that is an option as well. Those who want to send physical checks can contact me privately, and I will provide furthur instruction. Note that we'll be taking checks up until we get our first NSF. But until that time, we're giving the community the benefit of the doubt! 8-)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sumi wrote: »
    How does the sale of tickets work? How do you know who has paid and how do we get these tickets?

Click on the link in my signature box. Once you register, you will get a confirmation email that you can print out with you. Plus, we'll have a registration list that we'll be checking people against if they can't print out the email. However, if you don't have the email, you'll have to have some other form of ID with you to get in the door. We just want to prevent identify spoofing at the event. Someone did that last year and it was annoying. Feel free to PM me or post here if you have any more questions. This year's going to be a fun one! :winky:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    There was identity spoofing last year?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh shit how did I miss this?

edit: and ordered.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'll be there with bells on ... and nothing else.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    I'll be there with bells on ... and nothing else.
    Hawtness! :winky:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wasn't going to be able to go because of my flight schedule. I was going to arrive at midnight Thursday/Friday. Now I'll be arriving at noon. So I'll be signing up when I get home. Thanks for doing this. I wanted to go last year but couldn't. So I'm really excited to go this year.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    RyosenRyosen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Any dining event that requires me to sign a liability waiver that cites the risk of death is definitely worth checking out. I've registered in full!

I am a tad disappointed, tho, about the "no drunken lightsaber battles" clause.....

Ryosen on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have a small question about the food. How much of it is there going to be? At past events I have been to through PAX, they really didn't provide enough food for everyone to get their fill. I just want to make sure there is going to be enough to go around for everyone.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Who are "they" and which "past events"? Every food-related event I've ever seen around PAX has been "go to some restaurant and buy what you want" so if anything in such scenarios the restaurant deserves the blame (or the person who doesn't order enough food).

This year is a buffet, and I'm sure some people will take more and others less, so it should even out, but I'll ask my wife about the caterer as she's handled most of that.

EDIT: My wife reminded me about the developer-sponsored "parties" that were first-come, first-serve and often didn't have enough food for a fraction of the people who showed up. We will not be that way, as she says below, we will have as many portions as we have attendees.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I have a small question about the food. How much of it is there going to be? At past events I have been to through PAX, they really didn't provide enough food for everyone to get their fill. I just want to make sure there is going to be enough to go around for everyone.

It's going to be set up buffet-style, but everyone who pays will be guaranteed food. Unlike some of the other events at PAX in years past that had pre-set capacity caps (e.g. 50 people were planned for and 100 showed up) and were free (paid by those who hosted the party, not the attendees), the difference here is that you're paying for your plate, so you're going to eat. As we get $$, we update the catering and tell them how many people are expected. We've already pre-negotiated a price/plate with them, so as they get your reservation, they make sure a portion is available for you. I hope that makes sense. If not, PM me.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »

Fill up on room crackers before you come!!
    save some food for the rest of us chubby!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_SnuffleMr_Snuffle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Done and done.

See you all there :)

Mr_Snuffle on
    www.eightandahalfbit.com
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Registered for me+1!

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am registering myself and Yoshamano

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    deathheaddeathhead Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    registered for the wife and I :)

deathhead on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I look forward to seeing everyone. And towering over Peasant Dave :p

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You tower over just about everyone, Bambalamadingdong.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'll sign up, but $30 seems like a lot, no?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

Well everyone but BigRed whom was about the same height.

As for 30 dollars being a lot? I would think its far cheaper then a dinner and a movie and this is a great deal better. Or even cheaper then a few drinks and a cigar on the Vegas strip. But it is all in perspective of how much your willing and able to spend.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bambooza wrote: »

As for 30 dollars being a lot? I would think its far cheaper then a dinner and a movie and this is a great deal better. Or even cheaper then a few drinks and a cigar on the Vegas strip. But it is all in perspective of how much your willing and able to spend.

able: a lot, willing: far less. just registered, though. hope to get my cash worth by seeing exposed boobs! (i'm lookin at you, cookie girls!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    latinman280latinman280 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wooo, registered.

latinman280 on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

able: a lot, willing: far less. just registered, though. hope to get my cash worth by seeing exposed boobs! (i'm lookin at you, cookie girls!)

Boobs are always saved for afterparties silly. And last year, it was the guys in my corset.... not me >.>

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Boobs are always saved for afterparties silly. And last year, it was the guys in my corset.... not me >.>
    are you not cookie girl? (don't let us down!) (afterparty at my house!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was one of last years two cookie girls. This year however, I am an enforcer, and hence have no time for cookie girl duties.

And I'm not one for getting topless at parties. I leave that to the younger set. ;P

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
This discussion has been closed.