As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Flame On!] Team Fortress 2: Try it for FREE! Info in the OP

• War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Good points raised, but I am sure whatever they come up with will be fantastic.

*edit* Hmm, maybe a cloak on port? Same rules as spies ( damage = visible ) but it lasts a little longer. I'm just throwing ideas out is all.

I was always thinking that the Engy should get some kind of anti personnel mine, not one that does a vast amount of damage, but one that would throw people around, and placing them near SGs would throw people right into their line of fire.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    But.. speculating is always fun.
    Most of the time.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    But.. speculating is always fun.
    Most of the time.

It is. :winky:

I think the engie should get a LAZER BEEM! SPEW SPEW SPEW!

Quaz and Wally on
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    A Super Fast Teleporter, that doesn't have to recharge.

BUT ITS ON FIRE AND IF YOU GO THROUGH IT YOU GO ON FIRE O GOD

Sueve on
  • LogicowLogicow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Engineers could have an ability where detonated buildings would damage enemies around it.

Just think about it: you spot a spy trying to sap something, and right before they sap, you blow them up. And the spy dies.

Logicow on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sueve wrote: »

BUT THERE'S A FLY IN IT O GOD

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited June 2008

BUT ITS ON FIRE AND IF YOU GO THROUGH IT YOU GO ON FIRE O GOD

Think of the griefing! Set up a bunch of those by the spawn, and piss everyone off!

Logicow on
    edited June 2008
    A spy teleporter:

It apears as a teleporter for the other team, but when they get on THEY DIE

Logicow on
  • FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wonder if deflected rockets can hurt not just the soldier who fired it but his teammates as well... would catch so much shit for firing out a crit rocket that comes back to asplode everyone standing next to you.

Also, with engineers there's so much fun stuff they could add I wish they'd make a small spinoff game with just engineers building sentries, teleporters, doors, bridges, laser barriers, robot drones, cameras etc.

Firebrand on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How about a small radar dish? Brings up a mini map for your team showing enemy positions, but only ever as non descriptive dots. Doesn't show team mates either or that would give away spies decloaking.

I just keep throwing 'em out.
    A bit like farts.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • MindspreadMindspread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd be happy with a teleporter that doesn't leave a trail.

Mindspread on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

BUT IT ONLY TELEPORTS YOU FOR 30 SECONDS AND WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO CAP YOU GO POOF O GOD

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Firebrand wrote: »
    I wonder if deflected rockets can hurt not just the soldier who fired it but his teammates as well... would catch so much shit for firing out a crit rocket that comes back to asplode everyone standing next to you.

Also, with engineers there's so much fun stuff they could add I wish they'd make a small spinoff game with just engineers building sentries, teleporters, doors, bridges, laser barriers, robot drones, cameras etc.

I've always thought that at least Spy and Engineer needed their own spinoff game.

Sueve on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I would imagine deflected rockets have the same rules as when it was fired by the soldier, but that would add a cool element.

Prospicience on
  • MindspreadMindspread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    OMG!!!1!1! IT'S UPDAT......

....nope it was just gas.

Mindspread on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I would imagine deflected rockets have the same rules as when it was fired by the soldier, but that would add a cool element.

Well you can kill a soldier with their own crit rocket.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We're gonna need a new thread before this one explodes. :winky:

Quaz and Wally on
  • Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I want a two way teleporter.

The dispensor improvement that they had mentioned made the dispensor more like the tree of life in Shadowrun. Basically it heals everyone in a certain radius. But they didn't make it offical it was just one of the things they were looking into.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »

Well you can kill a soldier with their own crit rocket.

That's because self-damage applies. Since TF2 doesn't have FF, you can't hurt your teammates by rocket-jumping too close to them - so I imagine a reflected rocket will only gib the solider who launched it.

It'd be cool but unbalanced though if it didn't.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
    edited June 2008
    Fake teleporters in the enemy team's color? They walk in and disintegrate. Reminds me Crusader: No Remorse that had these broken teleporters in some places.
    That's because self-damage applies. Since TF2 doesn't have FF, you can't hurt your teammates by rocket-jumping too close to them - so I imagine a reflected rocket will only gib the solider who launched it.

Ah, this is true. But does self-damage increase with crits?

Firebrand on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We're gonna need a new thread before this one explodes. :winky:
    Ka-BOOOOOOOM

YardGnome on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fake teleporters in the enemy team's color? They walk in and disintegrate. Reminds me Crusader: No Remorse that had these broken teleporters in some places.

God, I miss that game. So old it won't run on any computer of mine that's post-DOS :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wonder if they'll give them some form of 'sentry splitting'. Allow them to have any number of sentries adding up to a level 3 sentry gun. You know, 1 level 1 and a level 2, 3 level 1s, 1 level 3, etc.

TracerBullet on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Yes indeedy.

Prospicience on
    edited June 2008
    Level 1 pet sentries that walk.

Firebrand on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

The dispensor improvement that they had mentioned made the dispensor more like the tree of life in Shadowrun. Basically it heals everyone in a certain radius. But they didn't make it offical it was just one of the things they were looking into.

I'm not sure what you mean. The dispenser already heals.

Peewi on
    edited June 2008
    Not sure where you'd find a logical spot to put them though. They'd have to be deep enough in the enemy base to look like a legit one, but that far in and a lonely Engie will end up in pieces.
    I imagine it will, since rockets get the Crit tag on leaving the launcher (sparkley blue vs normal yellow) - but wouldn't that mean that there's always a random chance of turning yourself into chunky gibs whenever you try to rocket-jump?

PeregrineFalcon on
    edited June 2008

Only if the engi is allowed to hide in the resupply room and control them remotely.

TracerBullet on
    edited June 2008

Only if they have the Portal turret voices.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yes indeedy.

I dunno. I'm pretty certain I take less damage from my crit rocket jumps than from normal ones.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Not sure where you'd find a logical spot to put them though. They'd have to be deep enough in the enemy base to look like a legit one, but that far in and a lonely Engie will end up in pieces.
    I imagine it will, since rockets get the Crit tag on leaving the launcher (sparkley blue vs normal yellow) - but wouldn't that mean that there's always a random chance of turning yourself into chunky gibs whenever you try to rocket-jump?

There's always the chance, but self-damage is always lower, and I think that self-damage from crits is even lower, so while doing more damage will still not usually kill you.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Explosives don't deal full damage to the demoman/soldier. Even if it's a crit, it only deals about 50 damage to yourself.

Peewi on
    edited June 2008

where are you? oh there you are. hello. *pew pew pew*

Firebrand on
    edited June 2008

where are you? oh there you are. hello. *pew pew pew*

Or some manner of anthropomorphism.

oshit, thread explosion imminent

PeregrineFalcon on
    edited June 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

I'm not sure what you mean. The dispenser already heals.

Yes it heals everyone who is touching it or is very close. The update they were playing with had it heal people who were within lets say a 15ft(5m) radius.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
    edited June 2008
    I imagine reflected explosives will be able to damage anyone. It would be more interesting if a pyro could reflect an explosive into his own teammate and have it do damage

TracerBullet on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is there a full list of changes with the pyro patch somewhere? Other than that promotional thing that Valve put out.

Update notes get put out when updates go live. Other than that, http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/ is the best collection of info on the Pyro update.

Aww. Damn.

Mostly, I'm just wondering about that "reflecting a rocket" thing. I'm guessing that some kind of new ability.

Read the fucking page! It clearly says that the regular flamethrower gets a new ability.

EDIT: I'll quote it so you don't have to look for it:
    In addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. It’s a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.

Chill, baby.

Seriously though, why would they put that blurb next to a picture of the Axtinguisher?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited June 2008
    Ok so IGN and PC gamer are now reporting that you only need 10 achievement to unlock the flare gun, 15 for the backburner, and 20 for the crit ax.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
    edited June 2008
    What?! That ridiculous, they force us medics to get all of them and give them to pyros for less? I really hope this update also includes some form of reduction in the requirements for the medic ones.

TracerBullet on
  • dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok so IGN and PC gamer are now reporting that you only need 10 achievement to unlock the flare gun, 15 for the backburner, and 20 for the crit ax.

with how easy these achievements are, everyone is going to have the new stuff in about ..ohh...

10 minutes

dnilb on
    dnilb.png