As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Kingdom of Shu - Wu Takes over China

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Locus wrote: »
    So, Thetheroo is outting himself as a Wei spy, then?

If you want, you could interrogate me tonight. Then I would be proven just a lowly Shu soldier.

Edit- adding my analysis again

The benefits to this would be that we could focus our vig kills on our rebels and Wu, while Wei can do the same to themselve. With one faction down it will be easier for us to focus our attention on Wei when Wu is out of the way.

Thetheroo on
    edited June 2008
    Apparantly Wu wants to be our ally as well by looking at their thread. We need a diplomat to handle this. I'll do it if no one objects.

Thetheroo on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wu-Shu eh?

Wushu, fyi, is the word for Chinese martial arts in general. Convenient.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    So, Thetheroo is outting himself as a Wei spy, then?

If you want, you could interrogate me tonight. Then I would be proven just a lowly Shu soldier..

If you are indeed a soldier, you wouldn't be unduly harmed by interrogation.

I support that idea.

!Tetheroo.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
    edited June 2008
    It would, however, be preventing me from gaining any powers later in the game. This could prove bad in the long haul.

But if you want to do it, I'm up for it. Then I am a proven good guy and can be used as such.

Edit- Wei's have offered a bandwagon of Precisionk for a show of good faith.

Edit 2- The reason I suggest Wei is that most of the guy's who make good spreadsheets are on their team. I also think Wu is a little to chaotic for a good alliance. I think Shu would be willing to hear from both sides, however.

Thetheroo on
    edited June 2008
    I don't see that it necessarily proves anything good or bad. Maybe there is a village idiot type role for the red vote?

But since you're actually volunteering I feel compelled now.

Thanks for volunteering, !Thetheroo

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    I would prefer not to, but I bow to the will of the majority.

Thetheroo on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Infidel your avatar is better than mine

thereby should I follow your vote

Obbi on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Both Wei and Wu have their heads at Shu's feet... and we know not which one will lunge at our hearts first.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited June 2008
    Obbi wrote: »
    Infidel your avatar is better than mine

thereby should I follow your vote

Actually probably not. We'll see what happens but there's signs in other threads as well of a possible village idiot that wants to be interrogated.

I'll likely be changing if I have a better target, we have time.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If Thetheroo is actually a jester type role, then he has played this very well.

If there were such a role, however, I'd put my money on Zot. I know he's very jaded with this whole getting voted out on day one thing, but even then I don't think he'd vote for himself, even in jest.

Locus on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Are we certain that our interrogation can not be tampered with or manipulated?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    Is it O.K. with Shu if I ask Wu and Wei to PM regarding alliance deals? Or should I not do that just yet. Needless to say that all PM's will be reported to this thread.

Thetheroo on
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Are we certain of anything?

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Exactly.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited June 2008

No, which is why we proceed as best we can. But proceed we must. If we become paralyzed by suspicion, we will certainly lose.

Locus on
    edited June 2008
    Or you could just seer me and call it a night.

Either way, you guy's choice.

If I am dead, then you know there is an interrogation manipulation effect going or someone doesn't like where this is going. If I am seered good then I'm good. If I am interrogated and do not die I am good.

Actually, quick clarification.

Do guards protect against interrogations, or just vigs?

This way, if I am guarded and interrogated, then I cannot be vigged. And If I die anyway than you learn a game mechanic.

I would still prefer to do this the seering way, but this seems like a win-win situation.

Edit- And to Wu, if you don't want to talk to me than talk to someone else. But talking is a good thing to do.

Thetheroo on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    My power only works once and I plan on using it the first night. Rarr rarr.

Aroduc on
    edited June 2008
    B:L, if you don't want to talk to someone who volunteers to be a negotiator, then you guys will have to pick someone from Shu to talk to.

Locus on
    edited June 2008
    To Wu-

I apologize if I offended you. Shu is open to an alliance with either side, be it Wu or Wei. It is my personal preference that it be Wei, based on my knowledge, but it does not come down to me. Shu as a whole will decide what to do, and Wu and Wei should both make their cases.

Edit- Anyone mind if I contact B:L? I'll post everything he and I say in here.

Thetheroo on
    edited June 2008
    Regardless, they'd need to talk to someone without an obvious bias.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    I'm biased towards Wei because I think that's the best idea at this time, if I was leaning towards Wu then Wei would call be a Wu spy.

If Wu wants to make their case about why they are the better ally, then they should do it. Wei should do the same.

Thetheroo on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Clarification Denied.

iamtheaznman on
    edited June 2008
    Anyone want to talk to Toxic Toys or B:L? They're both offering and I think it would be a better sign of good faith if I didn't do the talking.

Thetheroo on
    edited June 2008
    Clarification Denied.
    o_O

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited June 2008
    B:L requested Infidel. As a sign of good faith, we should wait for him to do it (if he's willing).

Locus on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    DO NOT

QUESTION HIM

Obbi on
    edited June 2008
    I'm biased towards Wei because I think that's the best idea at this time, if I was leaning towards Wu then Wei would call be a Wu spy.

I would think people are concerned since we don't really have much reason to have a "best idea" already, unless there's something you'd like to share with the rest of the class.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    I wonder if Wei has any diplomats. :whistle:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2008
    Enlightenedbum has offered to be a diplomat for Wei, I think that's pretty good since he was the first in Wei to suggest an alliance.

Thetheroo on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    Explain to me how these alliances help us? I'm not even certain what exactly we're supposed to be doing aside from weeding out the traitors in our own house since... you know... there hasn't been a win condition listed yet.

Aroduc on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Weeding out the Shu traitors and killing the Wu and Wei clans as far as I can tell.

People are talking about these alliances as if two kingdoms would gang up on the third to quickly eliminate them and then settle things between themselves, though I'm not entirely sure why. It sounds like something a spy would come up with.

Last Son on
    edited June 2008
    T Aroduc: Check your role PM again.

Locus on
    edited June 2008
    Goddamit, again with the spy accusations.

!Thetheroo

Just go ahead and vote me off so I can get these out of the way.

Thetheroo on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You already voted for yourself. Take it easy, unless you really want to be beaten to a pulp that much.

lonelyahava on
    edited June 2008
    You already voted for yourself. Take it easy, unless you really want to be beaten to a pulp that much.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was meant to be a placeholder at that time.

Thetheroo on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was meant to be a placeholder at that time.

Well it's not nice to confuse the people counting, you know.

and I am doing a count.

Since I don't know if I can C&P Blarney's post into this thread with the links to his spreadsheet

and i'm not cool enough to do a spread sheet.

lonelyahava on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Weeding out the Shu traitors and killing the Wu and Wei clans as far as I can tell.

People are talking about these alliances as if two kingdoms would gang up on the third to quickly eliminate them and then settle things between themselves, though I'm not entirely sure why. It sounds like something a spy would come up with.

Sounds more like something you'd go "pfft, yeah" and then feed your enemy fake info and watch them run around like imbeciles. And who cares if they get mad? They're already trying to kill you. What more are they going to do? Super kill you?

Aroduc on
    edited June 2008
    I'm with Aroduc. These alliances are pointless! If we open our doors to them, they will never let it close! All that matters is that those of the Shu family take their place as the rightful rulers of this blessed nation!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I sent a PM to infidel, to keep you guys informed.

Request for clarification: if we are red voted, does any ability we have activate that night, or does the red vote take precedence?

Both the interrogation and the execution votes come AFTER all actions.

iamtheaznman on