As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Intra-forum relations.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    if you did that I am not kidding once I recovered from the fact that not only was my BODY ON FIRE but my luscious locks also completely decimated

I will hook you by your butthole to the wall with a crowbar and then beat you to death with your own flaccid penis

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dang viv

nobody's ever guessed my fetish on the first try before

the wook on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    that doesn't make any sense

the wook's penis is never flaccid

Brolo on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    who cares about forum relations

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

If his post is any indicator, Ramius cares.

Seg on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've had forum relations before

giggity

the wook on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    the wook wrote: »
    I've had forum relations before

giggity
    SE++ is just so...incestuous.

Which is probably why forum meet-ups work best when they're planned in SE++. A G&T UK meet-up was once planned but I don't think it went anywhere.

To be honest it's also about what fits your life/interests. I have had no problems posting in G&T/D&D/H/A, etc., it's just that a) I don't play many games, b) I rarely have the time to join in the discussions in D&D (which saddens me, because I used to love D&D, but now I miss all of the good threads and by the time I notice them they're already at least ten pages long and anything I wanted to say has already been said), c) I do not draw/read comics/write all that often.

Janson on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    maybe if you didnt watch so much cricket

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008
    I haven't actually watched cricket since I was about...ooh, 16? 17?

Janson on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    In a community with this many subforums, there's going to be some division

however, I notice many people who post on several subforums, myself included

and I never notice much subforum rivalry, despite what some people might say about SE++ and G&T

so I think forum relations are a'ight

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008

Lewie P.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    I started out posting in G&T and after the chat thread was shut down, I went to SE++. The transition took a little bit of time, but now I post in SE++ more than anywhere else on the board.

If people "can't handle SE++" then they have no sense of humor and are extremely thin-skinned. Otherwise I think just about anyone can enjoy it.

No.

Okay, you have to have some form of attention deficit disorder as well.

Honestly, I think the SE++ regulars have the thinnest skin of all these days. Maybe it still seems tough coming from 'the other side' but these days it's a positively welcoming environment. I honestly don't get the continued negative image perpetuated of the forum.

Ok, maybe they still shit on newcomers, but once upon a time they'd shit on each other if there weren't any new people around. Now it's all hugs and tickles until someone new turns up, then there's a largely sanitised and symbolic 'hazing' that seems to have a strict five day limit applied to it before they're elevated to hugs and tickles status. You'd need to post actual pictures of yourself hunting children on safari in China with a NERF gun shooting depleted uranium dildos to get permanently hated in SE++ now; which is ironic because it used to be exactly that sort of thing that would grant you instant acceptance.

Come on in newbies, there's pie.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    I was on my own for a while

but now I have Bel and Viv to spread the hearts and kisses

Janson on
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    maybe if you didnt watch so much cricket

Soccer.

Oh wait, my bad. Football.

Or is it Futbol?

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Lewie P.
    I started out posting in G&T and after the chat thread was shut down, I went to SE++. The transition took a little bit of time, but now I post in SE++ more than anywhere else on the board.

If people "can't handle SE++" then they have no sense of humor and are extremely thin-skinned. Otherwise I think just about anyone can enjoy it.

No.

Honestly, I think the SE++ regulars have the thinnest skin of all these days. Maybe it still seems tough coming from 'the other side' but these days it's a positively welcoming environment. I honestly don't get the continued negative image perpetuated of the forum.

Ok, maybe they still shit on newcomers, but once upon a time they'd shit on each other if there weren't any new people around. Now it's all hugs and tickles until someone new turns up, then there's a largely sanitised and symbolic 'hazing' that seems to have a strict five day limit applied to it before they're elevated to hugs and tickles status. You'd need to post actual pictures of yourself hunting children on safari in China with a NERF gun shooting depleted uranium dildos to get permanently hated in SE++ now; which is ironic because it used to be exactly that sort of thing that would grant you instant acceptance.

I think the surge of lurkers coming out during drawing threads helped a bit.

MKR on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Lewie P.

No.

I remember the day when if you hadn't done that, you were ostracized, until you did it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited June 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    I remember the day when if you hadn't done that, you were ostracized, until you did it.

Ostrichcide.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just post wherever I see something I want to talk about - I am not sure if it has affected my idea of 'relations' between the forums. I started out, and almost exclusively remain in, G&T. There wasn't really any 'introduction' necessary, it just goes without saying that nobody knows (or cares) about what I have to say, so it's all a grain of salt. I always looked at D&D, but rarely posted in it. I'm interested in the presidential election, so I post in there every once in a while, but became notorious for being a jerkass via the 'strange' stories thread. I honestly didn't post in G&T for a while, and stuck in D&D, and when I did come back to G&T I got a pen for being an asshole, haha - I suppose there are different expectations on language and decorum from one bastion to the next.

The Brawl thread always played up the G&T vs. SE rivalry, but I never really 'saw' it myself, minus some 'u guys are weirdos' - but I would say the same thing to 95% of SE or really a hefty portion of the forum in general, anyway.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    I think people that post in one forum just because they don't like people in another one are weird

but then again some of the forums just don't suit me, but I'm not going to spend time trying to change them.

For instance, I miss Everything Else. It was (for me) the perfect meeting point between SE++ and D&D. Structured discussion without going off topic. The topic doesn't need to be justified and it didn't get derailed. Now SE++ is too chaotic in posting style for me to even attempt to keep up with it and D&D gets to be the same 5 faces over and over again and people tend to spend more time arguing about each other than the subject in the thread.

Arguably the most neutral forum of all is Help and Advice.

But really, the forums vastly improved overall once we jettisoned all the assholes from the G&T Chat Thread.

tl;dr - http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=1021703#post1021703

FyreWulff on
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    fyrewulff is mad because the g&t chat thread assholes kicked him out of their clubhouse

Seta 3000 on
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    and i mean, really, who wouldn't be mad if the freaks and geeks kicked them out

Seta 3000 on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hahaha

Hahahahahaha

Hahaha

Oh, Fyrewulff

YardGnome on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Of Dice and Men demands we stop being forgotten in intra-forum comparisons!

INeedNoSalt on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    No such forum.

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    No such forum.

We will never forget the atrocities performed upon us by the likes of you, tyrant

INeedNoSalt on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is there a story behind that name change, or was just on CT's whim?

ASimPerson on
    edited June 2008
    I thought it'd be a funny joke for like a day and then people like INeedNoSalt flipped their fucking wigs and I thought ahahahaha it stays

Tube on
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man I didn't even notice the change of name until weeks after the fact. I've heard others say the same. Its not like it makes any difference

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So it's all Salt's fault!

I still maintain that Of Dice and Men was an awesome name and anyone who thinks otherwise is quite the fool.

SUPERSUGA on
    edited June 2008
    Critical Failures is a better name and anyone who disagrees is a sourpuss.

MKR on
    edited June 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    Critical Failures is a better name and anyone who disagrees is a sourpuss.

Taken as whole words... yes.

However, ODaM is a much better acronym.

And we are such a small forum that we are basically all intraforum posters!

INeedNoSalt on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought it'd be a funny joke for like a day and then people like INeedNoSalt flipped their fucking wigs and I thought ahahahaha it stays

So that's why it changed. I figured someone pissed off an admin/mod. There aren't links to this wig flipping is there?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited June 2008
    ITT Salt seeks another forum name change.

MKR on
    edited June 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

So that's why it changed. I figured someone pissed off an admin/mod. There aren't links to this wig flipping is there?

I didn't actually flip any wigs, man.

INeedNoSalt on
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    I haven't actually watched cricket since I was about...ooh, 16? 17?

You're not missing much. Us Aussies still kick the piss out of you on a regular basis.

theSquid on
    edited June 2008
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    fyrewulff is mad because the g&t chat thread assholes kicked him out of their clubhouse

I have no idea what you're talking about, and like I'd want to be associated with the former chat thread site as they have no problem posting pictures of underage girls, and just act like a bunch of easily offended and high school dramatic weeaboos anyway.

It was still a great decision to get rid of the chat thread.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »

I have no idea what you're talking about, and like I'd want to be associated with the former chat thread site as they have no problem posting pictures of underage girls, and just act like a bunch of easily offended and high school dramatic weeaboos anyway.

The G&T chat thread has it's own forum now? Haha! Twats. G&T has been consistently brilliant at generating one-thread cliques that eventually do us all a favour and piss off to start their own forum. And by brilliant I mean lame.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think the splinter site has splinter sites of splinter sites now.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »

The G&T chat thread has it's own forum now? Haha! Twats. G&T has been consistently brilliant at generating one-thread cliques that eventually do us all a favour and piss off to start their own forum. And by brilliant I mean lame.

The best part is if you don't fall into their little high school drama bullshit you're a 'tyrant' and/or just yelled down.

Oh, and when people leave they keep wondering why.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2008
    yeah let's turn this into a splinter forum bitchfest

that's healthy

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    I seem to remember only talking about the chat threadders in general and not a specific forum

because tyrant was thrown around even before the hammer came down

FyreWulff on
This discussion has been closed.