As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Random "page can not be displayed" messages..

matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
So I'll be looking around on the forums each day. Suddenly WHAM! I get hit with a "page can not be displayed". I refresh, I go back, I do all sorts of things. Nothing works. Not even penny-arcade.com.

Well, I found out how to get back, kind of. I need to close that window, and type in penny-arcade.com to my address bar or follow a link there, not the forums.

Any idea on why?

matthias00 on

• ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2003
    Sometimes there are problems with one server on the cluster. This is not your fault. But, I would like to know, who is your ISP?

Älphämönkëy on
  • matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2003
    My ISP is Charter.

matthias00 on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2003
    matthias00 wrote:
    My ISP is Charter.
    Dude, mine too. And I have the same problem sometimes.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2003
    You both change IPs quite rapidly. Thats about all that I can figure out. Im thinking that you are both on a bad proxy setup. I will look around.

Älphämönkëy on
    edited July 2003
    You both change IPs quite rapidly. Thats about all that I can figure out. Im thinking that you are both on a bad proxy setup. I will look around.

I thought mine was static. If my IP did change often, wouldn't the IP ban the slapped on me at the MC forums go away?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2003
    The Geek wrote:

I thought mine was static. If my IP did change often, wouldn't the IP ban the slapped on me at the MC forums go away?

I know that for another board I frequent, entire ISPs are banned so they can't just use a dynamic IP.

Also, the username itself is banned.

matthias00 on
    edited July 2003
    matthias00 wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

I know that for another board I frequent, entire ISPs are banned so they can't just use a dynamic IP.

Also, the username itself is banned.

Yeah, the entire ISP must be. Because it won't even let me look at the boards any more. Doesn't matter the username.

Not that I did anything at the MC forums to deserve it or anything.....

:roll: *whistle whistle whistle*

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB