As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] Exalted: Silver Seas - It's over!

RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Critical Failures
Silver Seas is an Exalted chronicle told and run by me, Rainfall. To sum it up in a few short words… “The players so far have managed to turn the largest island in the Western Archipelago into a hellish portal to the Underworld populated by a swarm of hungry ghosts, because they decided to blow up a volcano larger than Krakatoa. Now they get to deal with all the problems that caused.

But what is Exalted? Well, one of my players wrote up a nice summary, so I feel I can put it right here.

The best way to sum up Exalted would be Epic. Exalted is White Wolf's fantasy RPG series, and centers around the actions, deeds, and motivations of the Exalted, divinely-empowered beings of already astounding power and grace. It's a game of tragic heroes, incomparable glory, and (literally) earth-shattering feats. The players are legends. They are the Sun Wukongs, the Jasons, the Ramas of the world, and by their hand the world will either be lifted out of the troubled and dangerous Age it now endures, or cast down and broken completely.

Or you could roll up a kung-fu cowboy riding a giant robot against zombie hordes in the middle of the setting equivalent of Mos Eisley. No, really. Or instead of taking epic heroes of old as inspiration, you could draw on DMC's Dante, Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa, or GoW's Kratos. Or, hell, make a slippery-sly, crafty bastard like David Xanatos from Gargoyles. Almost anything goes, just so long as its suitably grand or suitably awesome.

Exalted: Silver Seas
westpic.jpg

In the far West of Creation, troublesome weather is becoming more common. The Wavecrest Archipelago trembles beneath the cataclysm that befell its primary island of Abalone, and soon all the West will suffer from the loss of its breadbasket. The Coral Archipelago stirs restlessly, churning like foam with developed might and political intrigue as they prepare for action, though most know not what they intend to act on or for anymore. The island tribes of the Neck squabble and build and live; when troubles come, they will either feel the brunt of it for their weakness or be ignored in favor of more formidable opponents. The demon-blooded Lintha pirates ravage the waters from their moving Sister-Mother island of Lintha Ng Oroo. And amidst all this the nation of Skullstone sits calm and unruffled as its immortal god-priest, the Silver Prince, bides his time, waiting for the right moment.

At dawn, the morning rays of the Unconquered Sun wash over the turbulent waters, casting a bright shine over the sea. This beauty distracts from the fear and desperation and ominous portents that smother the land to those that know of them. But perhaps there is hope. The Sun-Kings of old walk the world again, the Chosen of Luna finally creep forth to act, and the Sidereal Viziers hold their breath and turn their eyes towards Creation. Fates will be made, fortune will be tested, and lands will either be conquered or broken on these Silver Seas.

A Tale of Ash, Fire, and Rage

The Wavecrest Archipelago is on the verge of collapse, and the Exalted are to blame for it. Abalone, center of the archipelago and food source for the entire West, is a dead, haunted land, its entire population burned and buried in the ensuing eruption following the death of the local volcano god, the Lord of Earthen Fire. What was once a tropical land of crops and modernized tribal culture is now a horrible gate to the Underworld. The Chosen of Heaven acted with haste and without caution, and it is the people and citizens of the Direction that will pay.

Fleeing to Wavecrest's second-biggest (now biggest) island, Pearl, the Chosen settled down to plan their futures and possible atonements. They had no time to waste, however, as they quickly found Pearl in dire peril. The death-cult of a powerful Nephwrack quickly drew the Exalted into the heart of their patron's power, and the Chosen were forced to face off against the Nephwrack known as the Darkness That Ascends in a Great Wave to the Heavens and stop it from unleashing a monstrous, ancient artifact that would see the further destruction and devastation of Wavecrest. Of course, even the deepest pit or bleakest situation will not halt or diminish the glory and indomitability of those holding the Mandate of Heaven, and even in the bowels of the chthonic Labyrinth itself the Chosen prevailed.

All was not well, unfortunately. To finish old business deals, the Chosen found themselves running an errand to the volcano god Hamoji on behalf of the businessman Hideous Bower of the Waves. This turned out to be a ruse, and while the Exalted were distracted with their own pursuits the Bower and his Fae allies took the opportunity to damage the wind-engines which kept the reality of Wavecrest (and to a smaller extent, the West) stable. Following a brief, pathetic struggle, the puissance of the Exalted found the wind-engines in the process of being restored, and the Bower forfeiting his worldly possessions in atonement. The Chosen then marched upon the Bower's vineyard, penetrated into the Fae Court of Memory, and, after glimpsing bits of each other's troubled pasts, confronted and slew the The Maw of Heart and Thought, impeding if not stopping the ambitions of the Fae.

Now is where it all truly begins. The Chosen have struck a deal with the god Hamoji, a deal to better prepare Wavecrest for the undeath and horrors and hardship it is likely to be forced to endure, a deal hindered by the Immaculate Order and its arrogant attempts to demand Hamoji's cooperation. The Chosen are motivated by many things, but above them all hang several issues of importance: the people must be prepared, an ominous vision of Coral destroyed by a fleet of black warships must not come to pass, and the West must be united and made a testament to the greatness of the Exalted. While their goals possibly diverge down the line, they know that the only way to begin securing all of these things is to gain dominion of what's left of Wavecrest.

The Immaculate Order must bow, or it must fall. The Chosen set their course for the port city of Starfall.

Rainfall on

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Roll of Exalted Potence

Smilie AKA Grins 'n Giggles, the Priest, and Harold
    Always smiling, ever-effervescent, and seemingly absent of any personal goals of his own, the Zenith Caste priest nicknamed Smilie has rapidly assumed the role of guide to the other members of his Circle. A plotter and planner thinking well ahead, his expectations for the future have largely been nebulous, owing to his own uncertainty about just what his companions are willing to do and his own lack of personal conviction. He seems to be utterly dedicated to the advancement and recognition of his peers, caring little for himself in the process. Despite this, his secretive nature and origins lay the possibility for doubt: could he really be this altruistic, or does he have a hidden motive?

The Priest hails from Skullstone, where he enjoyed a position of religious importance. Despite being one of the Chosen of the Sun, this past affiliation has left him with an affinity and fixation on the dead and the Underworld which occasionally crosses over into unsettling. His incessantly cheery mannerisms frequently switch between oblivious and eerie depending on the situation, and often cause people to (mistakenly) assume him a fool or a madman. A Necromancer and a spiritual leader, his very philosophy is a possible danger to both the status quo and the lives of those who hear it. Still, in the aftermath of the Abalone Disaster, what else can be done to help people cope?

"Truthfully, by my plots and plans I only dream of one thing: long-awaited absolution. That will be my gift to Creation."

Captain Gemini of the Constellation
    Generally congenial, the Twilight Caste Gemini is prone to misunderstandings and committing social faux pas, being new to the West and unfamiliar with its customs. However, what he lacks in social grace he makes up with a strong moral compass, and is quick to jump into actions to correct any wrongs. Although the owner of his own ship, sailing is not something he was born into, and he prefers to leave the technical details of keeping the boat afloat and pointed in the right direction to the experienced crew - all too happy to oblige, because not only does it seem like the wind's always in their favor, but their cargo's exactly what's in high demand at their destination. Of course, will the recent deaths among a few of the crew change their minds, or will the quest for greater profit retain their loyalty?

Born in the realm, he grew up a boarding student at an astrological institute, paid for by a combination of favors and a modest inheritance left in the school's stead, before being drafted into the army. Of course, it had seemed like strange forces have had been keeping an eye on him, even in the years before the Unconquered Sun's gaze fell upon him as well. For what reason, Gemini cannot know, but they even seem to track him down across both an ocean and the illusion of death - He had assumed the realm thought him vanished with the rest of his unit in the frigid north, torn apart by the destructive wrath of the opposed lunar and solar gods. Despite his stoic face, he is burdened by the thought of the destruction that has occurred in his past and at his hands, and has focused his efforts on eliminating the corruption and willful disregard for life that now plagues creation - and perhaps some other, less pure motives may drive him.

"The blessing of the Unconquered Sun is a powerful tool, and just like any sort of power, using it to fight for righteous causes too often causes unintended suffering. But that doesn't mean we can stop fighting."

Lieutenant Dezrik Serano of the Coral Navy
    Once a calm man and slow to anger, Dezrik’s trials have shaped him into something else entirely. Now one who is seemingly always tense, a stone's throw from Luna’s Fury, he is obviously less than pleased with circumstances. The destruction of Abalone and the prophesied devastation of Coral weigh heavily on his mind at all times. Redemption and prevention are his only motivations and both goals will be achieved by any means necessary. The West requires order, but Solar rule? Now that is another matter…

Coral born and bred, the combat skills he attained through service as a pirate have been magnified considerably by his Exaltation and have served him well indeed. Those skills, when applied to the moonsilver blade Argent Calamity, have defended the Circle from numerous threats, bringing low even the Lord of Earthen Fire himself (his head specifically) with relative ease. While not one who prefers to draw steel to deal with a situation, the Steward of Creation finds himself called time and again to end lives.

“Hardship and perseverance are the way of the West. It is not a kind way, but it is all that makes a man more than he once was. There shall come a time when all of Creation knows this to be the truth.”

Personages of Lesser Influence
    The Lord of Earthen Fire
    Formerly the god of Abalone's volcano, the Lord of Earthen Fire is now nothing but starmetal. The Chosen rushed forth to meet him in his sanctum to address his regular, violent demand of human sacrifice, and the Lord, in a fit of mercurial fear, sought to see them turned to ash. His death triggered a massive eruption which burned and buried most of the island of Abalone, and turned the entire landmass into an enormous Shadowland.
    The Darkness That Ascends in a Great Wave to the Heavens
    A Nephwrack of considerable power, and head of a death-cult that made its base of operation the Inn of the Seven Sails in Windgate on the island of Pearl, the Darkness had its plans thwarted by the Exalted. It sought to unleash an artifact essence weapon upon Creation, but found itself on the receiving end of the device. The last the Chosen saw of it, the Darkness was laughing maniacally and spouting its doctrine of nihilism as a portal to the Labyrinth closed on it and its exploding superweapon.
    Hideous Bower of the Waves
    The Hideous Bower was a man of considerable affluence, who matched the Priest in unsettling cheer. He turned out to be warped by the Wyld, and lured the Exalted away from Windgate long enough so that he and his Fae allies could damage the wind-engines that kept the reality of Wavecrest stable. When this deception was uncovered, the Bower was convinced to sign over his fortune and property to the Chosen, and sought repentance and atonement at the mercy of Lord Hamoji. This fortune will likely come with its own history and complications, however...
    Lord Hamoji
    Volcano god of Pearl, Hamoji is much more laid-back than the Lord of Earthen Fire was. The Exalted have struck a deal with him on the future faith of Wavecrest following the disaster at Abalone, but first they must eliminate or secure the cooperation of the Immaculate Order, lest the Dragon-Blooded subjugate or demand Hamoji's obeisance.
    The Maw of Heart and Thought
    The Maw was the heart of the Court of Memory, which existed within the vineyards of the Hideous Bower. Learning of his existence and his attempt on Wavecrest's wind-engines, the Exalted met and slew him. They also destroyed his memory trees, where human souls were used to grow addictive wine.
    Kiarn and Gray
    Eaten by a wizard.
    New Recruits
    We're looking for a few more people to fill the gaps! Bobby the Bee has filled the role of Aeo, an Eclipse-Caste archer hailing from the burned ruins of Abalone, but there's still room for more people who want to engage in some epic adventuring! Talk to me at Raing3l on AIM, or post here, if you're interested in joining!

Rainfall on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Necromancer, Sorcerer, Warrior, Healer(I think): LFM, any class (Thief pls)

Requirements: IRC, A Judo grip on the English language (not manditory), Thursdays and Fridays from 5 pst onwards free.

Plutonium on
  • PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Don'tcha just love that new thread smell?

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Smells like genocide. Aaaaaah.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited May 2008
    Well, that Fire Immaculate turned out a little more powerful than I expected, at the end.

Good job on grabbing Ivy, though. I was hoping that Intimacy Stone had for her would come into play, although I thought it unlikely.

Also, Fiery was getting close to running out of motes. I feel that the fight could have been a close thing, but Smilie would have had to bail there, due to not having any Essence.

Either way, it was interesting, and it started out most excellently and then slowed down after around Tick 15, I believe.

Good times. Tomorrow is another(less combat-filled) day!

Rainfall on
    edited May 2008
    I could potentially be a little late today, but I'll try my best to be there ASAP.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    I'm really sorry about missing Friday again.

This was my last day at my now former job, and I had to do a few things and ended up two hours late.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    You know, normally I really don't do things like this, but I just figured you guys might be curious as to how the Dragon-Bloods all ended up in Starfall, and why they're working together, and why they decided to flip out and try and kill you. This is sort of to reinforce that this is all your fault and because I love writing huge amounts of backstory for my characters, but I feel sad that nobody else gets to read it.

So here's the DBs, some backstory to them, and a few GM comments. Enjoy!

Ash Upon The Breeze
    is the Realm Ambassador to the West. She's a skilled sorceress, veteran of many battles, and has powerful family relations that will probably be relevant in the upcoming sessions. When Abalone erupted, she was forced to flee to Starfall and abandon her plans of controlling Wavecrest within in order to forge a new Realm in the West.

Ironically she was intended to be the major NPC/villain of the first chapter of the game, with her subtle control of Wavecrest leading you guys into some sort of trap, in which you would bust out and there would be a fight with a few of her awesome bodyguards. A few of her spells are very nautical in nature, and I was hoping for some ship-to-ship sorcery combat with her and Gemini.

Those awesome bodyguards gave their lives to protect her from pirates on the journey, since I figured that we already had a bunch of DBs gathering on Pearl anyways, we didn't need a bunch of mortals clogging things up. Since then, she's been asserting control over the island's various deities and mortal powers. She's pretty much running things. And yes, she has been the voice in your heads. She can be a bit pretentious at times.

Cynis Ivy
    (Also known as Venomous) is a bit of a spoiled Dynast brat. Wanting to make a fortune for herself after a few nasty encounters in the Scavenger Lands with the Legions, and wanting a place to rule over as her own, she ditched her family and headed out Westwards(also hoping to meet her dear sister Cynis Megara.)

Just before heading up into the lawless islands between the Neck and Wavecrest, Abalone erupted and she found hints of a strange cult worshipping something called 'The Darkness.' You guys know the rest of that story.

On her return to Starfall, hoping to impress the locals enough for them to fund and crew her expedition up into the Wild West, she spread tales of her glory, and caught the attention of Ash Upon The Breeze. Ash, being a crazy manipulative woman, decided to use her as a figurehead to force the people of Starfall(and hopefully all of Wavecrest, and then the West) to fall underneath her power. Ivy's cool with this. She likes telling people what to do.

She felt uncomfortable knowing about the Anathema, but she's never been that married to the idea of them being demons. So she didn't sell you guys out, or the ship would have been sunk in the harbor by Ash.

Ivy is pretty much the only one that's played the role I planned for her so far, as a somewhat sympathetic Exalt who gives some aid dealing with the Darkness. You guys are good at messing stuff up. We'll see how her plans end up after she got incapacitated by you guys.

Stones Worn Smooth
    is an Immaculate. He loves the Texts, but focuses much more on proving how much of a hero and a good person he should be, as opposed to enforcing the strictures of the Texts word-for-word. He got into trouble in a battle in the Scavenger Lands, and despite his great heroism his arms were removed from his body.

Saved only by the medicinal skills of one Venomous Ivy, he thought his career was finished. Not so! Skilled artificers working for the Immaculate Order forged him new, powerful arms out of jade, and he learned true strength. Then he pissed off one of his bosses and got sent to the West, to stay out of everyone's way and to fill a curious hole in the roster of the Immaculate temple in Wavecrest.

Arriving a few days before the destruction of Abalone, he immediately started rooting out the evil in Stafall, which landed him on the trail of the Cult of the Darkness. He ran into Ivy in the woods after Abalone erupted, and battled back the undead hordes in the Starfall cemetery grounds in order to give her a clear run at the Darkness.

After clearing them out, he met up with Ivy on her return from the lair of the Darkness. He follows Ivy. Not the Immaculate Order, and not Ash. Just because Ivy does what Ash asks her to doesn't mean he likes her.

Stone and Ivy were intended to be opponents after a pitched battle with the Darkness, coming in and screaming Anathema and shooting your faces off, stuff like that. A mixed, underpowered group, and being rushed into making a shitty battle with the Darkness as opposed to a grand setpiece in the Labyrinth as I had planned, forced me to give you guys a breather. It's lucky I did that, since that ended up being the best option to end the latest battle in Starfall.
    I like this guy a lot. I love the concept of an Earth Immaculate who doesn't have a hammer, but instead punches the shit outta things with jade clockwork arms.

Salacious Dolphin
    He was actually one of Dezrik's old crew, but not an important one. Skilled with Seafaring Hero style, and a bit of a nautical nutcase, he was by far the weakest of the guys you fought. He was one of the pirates that raided Ash's ship, and her promises of a new Dragon-Blooded ruling order sort of bought him in. He's also a secret agent for the Sea Lord, but that loyalty was shattered by Ash.

...Or was it?

Salacious Dolphin was put in to add spice to a series of pirate encounters that I thought up in case things got boring. I decided to spice things up when Ash had to bail out of Abalone, and he provided a good excuse.One of my least-planned characters and now he's dead/dying. His name amuses me immensely, though.

Sesus Amashanai.
    This guy is baaaad. He's the head of the Immaculates in Starfall, which at the moment makes him the most powerful Immaculate in the West. He's forged his own suit of red-jade armor and his own short daiklaves, and he's got a hate-on for anyone who disagrees with him. After the volcano and the death of the Feathered One(confirmed by Ash) the first thing he did was raze Goldsails, solving his long vendetta with the governor there. Stone Worn Smooth pisses him off, but the two are almost matched in power. He doesn't make stupid decisions when it comes to people who are nominally working for him.

He's in Starfall because that's his headquarters. His grand agenda is to whip the Wavecrest Archipelago into shape. They need to follow the Immaculate Philosophy. Ash is backing him on this. It worked for the Realm, it can work for the West.

This guy was written up to be the end of the trail of Dragon-Bloods that you were supposed to follow from Seahaven. He was written up to be scary. He was written up to be something for the entire group to take on, with minimal support. He wasn't written up to be a member of a five-man group all out for your blood.
    I apologize for that. I cut out a few of his higher-up-the-tree Charms for this battle, but it obviously wasn't enough.

So hopefully this explains a bit. And I'm going to reiterate this one more time.
    One of the guards mentioned that there were Immaculates in the building at that time. There was blatant physical proof lying around of how much stuff they could wreck. This isn't too bad. You guys could bluff it out and pretend to not be Anathema if that was all that was going on.
    But you guys talked about being Anathema directly in front of a Wind-aspected Dragon-Blood that you assumed was an Immaculate. There's no way she wouldn't have forwarded this to HQ.
    So I don't really feel bad about throwing this at you. Sesus was a little much, and I feel bad about shooting the hell outta Foofoo there. But you guys kinda asked for it, and you needed a challenging fight to shake things up. Nobody died. You're good. And welcome to real Exalted combat. It does drag on a bit. *shrug*

I'm so looking forwards to Thursday.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    We seem to be very good at screwing with your well-laid plans.

But you know about well-laid plans.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    Oh yeah. That's kind of the point, really.

Action, consequence, you're a Solar, fix it! Don't you love being one of the 300 most powerful souls in Creation?

I've never made a plan that went perfectly. But I've never had ones that went quite as southwards as the ones in this game. You guys make for fun protagonists.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I've never made a plan that went perfectly. But I've never had ones that went quite as southwards as the ones in this game.

It's almost gotten to the point where I could say the same thing. D: Every time I have things together and Smilie's plans are progressing smoothly, something happens or someone blurts out something. It'd be funny if it wasn't me.

Edit: And I hope you jerks are getting a laugh out of watching me fail utterly at plotting and deception. :P

Powerslave on
    edited June 2008
    Powerslave and I have devised a pretty cool and hopefully solid plot to take Starfall through subterfuge, which also meets with Rain's approval.

We'll start spying on the DB's, and then ambush them from stealth one-by-one by divining their future locations, chain them to a wall, and mind-rape them into subservience.

Go all Stockholm syndrome on their asses. How many lights do you see? and all that fun stuff!

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    Okay, so Bee isn't showing up for tonight's session, and I'm not sure what's up with Fi, and one of my bestest friends just finished her last exams so I'm going to go celebrate.

BUT! That doesn't mean you guys should go hide in a corner.

If you want, you can go ahead with your plan to kidnap/brainwash an Immaculate dude. Have some fun RPing with each other. Save the logs for me, and we can work off of 'em tomorrow.

Just assume you pass all your rolls. Free-form funtimes!

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    So I've finally begun editing the logs again after over three weeks of nada. Sorry about that, everyone. I'll be trying to toss up one a day, but no promises.

Powerslave on
    edited June 2008
    Last night's game was probably our best session yet. And it's only half-over! :D

Welcome to the game, Krae.

Powerslave on
    edited June 2008
    Okay, so next week I can do Monday and Tuesday at the usual times. Thursday I'm working close, which pisses me off immensely, and Friday I'm doing a game with my RL group, I may be able to do the evening.

If you guys can make all those times, we can do a three-game week for massive funtimes. If you guys can't, pick two and we'll roll with that.

As I understand it, Fiaryn is too lazy to show up. Talk to me, buddy!

Rainfall on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »

Requirements: IRC, A Judo grip on the English language (not manditory), Thursdays and Fridays from 5 pst onwards free.

"mandatory"

:P

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited June 2008
    I can make Monday and Tuesday, no problem. Just about any other evening, too.

delroland wrote: »
    Plutonium wrote: »

"mandatory"

:P

That was the joke, del. :)

Powerslave on
  • foofoofoofoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Okay, so next week I can do Monday and Tuesday at the usual times. Thursday I'm working close, which pisses me off immensely, and Friday I'm doing a game with my RL group, I may be able to do the evening.

If you guys can make all those times, we can do a three-game week for massive funtimes. If you guys can't, pick two and we'll roll with that.

As I understand it, Fiaryn is too lazy to show up. Talk to me, buddy!

Yeah, I can make Monday and Tuesday evenings.

foofoo on
    edited June 2008
    I think I can do Monday and Tuesday next week.

Plutonium on
  • kraemahzkraemahz Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    *cool new guy*
    I'm good for Monday and Tuesday as well. I won't be around Friday though.

kraemahz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008
    btw eat a dick fifi

foofoo on
    edited June 2008
    Awesome! Sweet! Rockin'!

Okay, Game On for Monday and Tuesday, then. I will be slightly late for Monday, but since we always start late it'll be cool. Friday I shall take off to run some more of my bizarre Nexus campaign with my IRL newbie group.

HEY PEEPZ, if anyone is interested, come into #silverseas on irc.slashnet.org to watch the madness. There's still room for at least one more person, y'know.

Rainfall on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You and your days. Timing. You need to work on your timing.

Cynic Jester on
    edited June 2008
    I think you need to work on your timezone.

Right now I'm on a wacky schedule since I just started at a new job, and we're short-staffed and changing management.

I WILL get my schedule pinned down, and hopefully open up my evenings to what works best for everyone.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    Limit Break, Fratricide Style!

That was hardcore. This game is so evil to me.

One more step on the road to becoming a detached, merciless tyrant.

Just as planned.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    Okay, guys, we're probably going to get a long downtime here. What I'm thinking is having you guys write up little training montages, and then give me your XP expenditures, okay?

And don't fuck up your XP totals, because I give up on keeping track.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    Game is cancelled due to an unexpected death. Apologies.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    Do we have time for a differently-timed session this week?

I can do whatever.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    Not really. I won't be home until 9 PM my time today and tomorrow, and then Friday I'm running Exalted for one of my IRL groups, and the weekend is definitely out for me.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    Gubluh. Schedule for this week sucks total ass. I can do something on Monday. Every other night of the week is out. I'll get things in order for next week if at all possible.

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    I can make Monday easily enough.

Powerslave on
    edited June 2008
    yeah im off work monday. i may be playing from my parents' house, but yeah i'm good

foofoo on
    edited June 2008
    I'm good for today.

Plutonium on
    edited June 2008
    Alright, it seems like we'll have a game tonight, then, at the usual time.

Just a heads-up, Sesus is bad-ass.

Seriously. Definitely the toughest DB you'll meet. His essence pool isn't as big as Ash's, but that's pretty much the only weakness he's got. I don't want to incur player fatalities, but he definitely does. Play smart and you'll be Solar. Play dumb and you'll be severely injured and giving Aeo a chance to use his medic skillz.

Everyone has regenerated one hour's worth of essence, so the starting totals at the beginning of this session will be as follows:

Gemini
    WP 7/6
    Pers 0/15
    Peri 9/36
    Anima Flare: Died down

Smilie
    WP 7/7
    Pers 16/16
    Peri 31/37 (6 committed)
    Anima Flare: Hahahaha yeah as if.

Aeo
    WP 6/6
    Pers 15/15
    Peri 28/36 (8 commited)

Paragon
    WP 4/6
    Pers 0/15
    Peri 11/37 (3 commited)

Rainfall on
    edited June 2008
    I'm pretty sure I was at something like 12-ish peripheral at the end of the encounter due to stunting, unless limit breaks go all wonky with the essence counts and I get no regen, or I'm not counting commitments or something.

Also for reference, I'm 4 HL's down and deep in the -1's. I think Paragon's 1 HL down, and everyone else is golden.

Plutonium on
    edited July 2008
    Penny Arcade Forums > On-Topic Forums » Critical Failures

foofoo on
    edited July 2008
    Well it was a good run. I'll probably whip a game up once I have a reasonably stable schedule. Something set in the East, perhaps. Less sea, more trees.

Rainfall on