As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FINAL BYOC INFO! ALL BYOC ATTENDEES PLEASE READ!

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Alright wicked, thanks guys. I'm about to buy a new laptop so I'll be sure to grab a laptop lock aswell.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Any word on when registration will go live for it yet? i was waiting to buy my pax tickets till then... and this fancy stimulus check is burning a whole im my pocket!

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Probably not until June or July. Just buy your tickets now and click off Yes to the "Do you want to be notified when BYOC registration opens".

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Soularis wrote: »
    Any word on when registration will go live for it yet? i was waiting to buy my pax tickets till then... and this fancy stimulus check is burning a whole im my pocket!

Just like last year, mid-june-ish

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Soularis wrote: »

just buy a whole bunch of copies of the pax 07 dvd!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If you do that, make sure to send me a copy. I want one

Ty1012 on
  • Options
    mindfungusmindfungus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey Big Red,
    Count me in for two BYOC passes this year. Bringing a friend to the convention and having them stand outside the entrance because they don't have a pass sucks.
    There are 3 of us who will be sitting together all weekend. We all hooked up last year. Even have a guy returning from England to join us.

Can't wait to see all of you there.

Oh and on a side note, MORE World of Warcraft!!!!!! I waited all last year for a 15min game that kept getting pushed back in the scheduling so that by the time the game started participation sucked. This is the second year that all of us are attending. Give us some WoW!!

mindfungus on
    "many an evil butt await my boot print"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Don't ask Big Red for BYOC passes, he can't do anything for you. If you've already bought your PAX passes and clicked yes on the BYOC question, then you'll get an e-mail as soon as those become available. Otherwise, keep an eye here, because it will get announced on the forums when it happens as well.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BigRed is scalping BYOC passes? sweet I'm in for 2!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haterot wrote: »

2? who's your second?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Moe: i think he means that hes getting 2 more, not that hes asking me for some :P

Also WoW? jesus, arent you people sick of that damn game yet?

BigRed on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    mindfungus wrote: »
    Hey Big Red,
    Count me in for two BYOC passes this year. Bringing a friend to the convention and having them stand outside the entrance because they don't have a pass sucks.

Wait, are you buying a BYOC pass without a PAX pass? That kind of... doesn't work.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

2? who's your second?

Well see there goes your birthday present suprise!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

2? who's your second?

Well see there goes your birthday present suprise!

Dang it! Um... how bout a month of WoW instead?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited May 2008
    Give us some WoW!!
    Careful what you wish for. ;)

David Coffman on
  • Options
    risraelsrisraels Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey Everyone, question: I'll be driving up to PAX this year, and I'm seriously considering getting a BYOC pass and am now looking around for a good lan bag for lugging my compy around. My tower is a mid-tower Antec, and I've got a 22' Chimei LCD.

I saw the reference to CaseAce's GearGrip series, and they look pretty good, but they're just kind of hangin out there. I've looked around more and have found some fully enclosed Hama bags, they look ridiculously huge, but still way awesome (in a ridiculous sort of way). I figure I'll just get the LCD Shield harness from CaseAce since it's the only monitor carrier I've found. But I was wondering if anyone has experience with either of the tower-holding products, or I've also seen the sunbeam backpacks and a few other brands that look about the same as the sunbeam. All of the cases seem to have enough space for keyboards and cords and such.

Thanks in advance for those that can assist in this choice.

risraels on
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    Give us some WoW!!
    Careful what you wish for. ;)

Oh man. Keep in mind that some of us do not play WoW (believe me, I gave it a chance).

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I assure you, there will be plenty of gaming goodness abound. Normally I might throw in something like, "no matter what game you play", but...who knows...maybe you're a hardcore Daikatana fan. Then I'd be forced to eat shoe leather.

But yea, no worries. =D

David Coffman on
  • Options
    Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wellp- it's June now. only a small matter of time before registration goes up :P

Ty1012 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yea, they're on the way, expect them in the next couple weeks.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd love to see a full 10-player game of Sins of a Solar Empire, if there's sufficient interest. The pace would lend itself intermittent conversation and foolery while waiting for fleets to get somewhere. :D

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    soooooon

FYI:
    This is how group seating will work.

After BYOC reg goes live. I will accept group seating requests of groups 6 or more in size (there will be a seating chart available to see where you want to sit). I will need a Leader of said group to PM me where they want their group to sit and it will be marked down accordingly. I will also need the names of everyone in that group.

Groups will be the ones that are seated first. To prevent me having to make people move out of assigned seats, its a pain and I dont like making people tear stuff down to move. And I know people will sit in the wrong spot, it happened way too often last year :(

What will happen day of:
    Groups will be assigned a group number. I will call out said group number (or we can do fun group names :P), take a roll call of people there compared to the list given to me beforehand, then you guys go check in. After all the groups are going through the checkin process then everyone else can file in.

What if your group isnt there at the start?
    The leader needs to be, and it will be his responsbility to make sure nobody else sits in your group seats (they will be marked on the table accordingly) after he is checked in and there.

There wont be a seating chart like there was last year. It was a pain (hardly anybody followed it). Aside from marking off where a group will be sitting, it will be a free for all for everyone else. Just sit where ever that isnt marked off.

BigRed on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    Groups will be the ones that are seated first. To prevent me having to make people move out of assigned seats

This is a good idea.
    (or we can do fun group names :P)

DO EEEEEET!!! Note to self, get in IRC tonight.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'd love to see a full 10-player game of Sins of a Solar Empire, if there's sufficient interest. The pace would lend itself intermittent conversation and foolery while waiting for fleets to get somewhere. :D
    I've been itching to play this in multiplayer for a while. =(

That sounds like an epic game, though, you should do it and let me live vicariously through you.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

That sounds like an epic game, though, you should do it and let me live vicariously through you.

The only bad thing is a large multiplayer game of it takes *FOREVER*

BigRed on
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

The only bad thing is a large multiplayer game of it takes *FOREVER*

That's part of the awesome! Sort of. >.>

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What will happen day of:
    Groups will be assigned a group number. I will call out said group number (or we can do fun group names :P)

First group: Never gonna give you up!

Second Group: Never gonna let you down!

etc.

Liger on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That would only work if BigRed cosplays as Rick Astley

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That would truly be a sight to behold, though I can see it working...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WelderWelder Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Hello all, quick question if I may.

Me and about 4 or so of my clan mates are planning on going to the BYOC, and are awaiting registration. But, my question is, in the past how fast does it tend to fill up? I mean, is it like bags of crap on Woot that are sold out in seconds? Or is it a window of a few days? I just want to kinda have an idea, because we are not really in the greatest amount of contact, and it wouldn't be fun if 3 out of 4 of us got in.

I appreciate it.

--Charlie

Welder on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    it usually takes a couple weeks to sell out.

BigRed on
  • Options
    WelderWelder Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    Alright, sounds great. Thank you for the ultra super fast reply by the way.

Cya there then.

Bed time, have a good night.

Welder on
  • Options
    Sleepy OneSleepy One Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Daveeeeeeeeeeeeeee. What's BYOC lookin like right now? Are we at the "Empty room stage with no idea how many ppl we're gonna sit" or are we at the "I'm about to open tickets to BYOC".

-Sleepy

Sleepy One on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tickets should be going up very soon. I don't know exactly how soon, it takes a while to get the details worked out right, but the wheels have been set in motion. Stay tuned!

David Coffman on
  • Options
    Ukali.KulaUkali.Kula Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Many people have mixed views of the BYOC. Some may like the fact of having a station for you, swag and your computer,but i noticed many people don't have time to play on there computer.... Up until midnight you'll be fairly busy with panels, shows, concerts, and the exhibition hall. However if your up for it 12-3 is a greast time to play on the computers....But i noticed that around that time not many people are there and you have free acces to the computers provided without any lines that late at night. And if you really have a game you wanna play you can bring it and download it and play. they didn't seem to care when we downloaded our warcraft 3's and played dota.

Ukali.Kula on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ummm...

are you talking about BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer or PC Freeplay. There are no lines at BYOC, as only people who have brought their computers are allowed admittance.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    ......Im saying that the only times i see fit for a computer are around midnight to 3am .. but there isn't a point in BYOC(in my opinion) because there are the freeplay ones that typically dont have lines that late. ...So im talking about BYOC, and how i think you'll be more than satisfied with the free play comps and setup because you'll be overwhelmed with the rest of the exhibit for the majority of your hours.(unless you plan on tourneys for BYOC or if you've done it in previous years and enjoyed it) -more so for the first year PAX goers..(which if PAX trends continue should be oh...30000 people?

Ukali.Kula on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    ......Im saying that the only times i see fit for a computer are around midnight to 3am .. but there isn't a point in BYOC(in my opinion) because there are the freeplay ones that typically dont have lines that late. ...So im talking about BYOC, and how i think you'll be more than satisfied with the free play comps and setup because you'll be overwhelmed with the rest of the exhibit for the majority of your hours.(unless you plan on tourneys for BYOC or if you've done it in previous years and enjoyed it) -more so for the first year PAX goers..(which if PAX trends continue should be oh...30000 people?

There are BYOC only tournaments and contests.

Since it sells out every year there are plenty of people that see a point in BYOC. Not everyone is intrested in spending all their day in pannels and such. Few rarley spend all day in BYOC either, they go to the pannels and such they are intrested in then come back there to get away from the crowds for a bit and game.

Also Did you ask before installing stuff on the freeplay machines?

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah i understand how some enjoy BYOC i was just suggesting that many first timers would be overwhelmed with the many events and not have as much time as they think on a computer. And the 2 guys manning the Freeplay room were fine with us downloading, but we had to uninstall when we were finished.(it was late and the room wasn't full so we had the same comps for over 2 hours..)

Ukali.Kula on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    (which if PAX trends continue should be oh...30000 people?

You mean 50,000, right? :D

If you like LANs, do BYOC. First Years shouldn't be discouraged from getting the FULL PAX experience just because there's so much to do. Even without doing BYOC you won't have time to see everything. It's a good place to chill out so you don't get overwhelmed by the rest of the convention.

Liger on
This discussion has been closed.