As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lego Star Destroyer - Bitch Complete NSF56K

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Dely Apple wrote:
    That is a pretty big lego model.
    I could have sworn a Super Star Destroyer was out there, but I guess I was wrong. I want one of those so bad....

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ProcrastinatorProcrastinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    My friend has the 3500 piece Deathstar.

It is breathtaking.
    Break it. Then tell us how long it takes for him to put it back together. I must know this!

I think it took him like 7 hours to build it.

It is currently the centrepiece in his living room.

Procrastinator on
    plan.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Dely Apple wrote:
    I could have sworn a Super Star Destroyer was out there, but I guess I was wrong. I want one of those so bad....

There is.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=6211
    This is what you have.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10030
    This is the superhuge one.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    YES! Imperial Guard and thank you for the new pics. That looks cool inside.

Now you should add some of this:

jg16_01b.jpg

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Dely Apple wrote:

There is.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=6211
    This is what you have.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10030
    This is the superhuge one.
    No, I mean Super Star Destroyer. Not Big Scale of a Star Destroyer...

SW_Executor_01.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gafoto wrote:
    This is what I would like to build a set of.
    Custom fucker, isn't it?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    curby wrote:
    You know why they have all the little internal components, right? So it looks cooler when you crash them into other lego figures.
    You can't come within 10 miles of my Legos, you bastard.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    fucking nuts you guys.

And I always did hate paying more than 50 bucks (tops) for legos.

Newtron on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    trentsteel wrote:
    No.

An A-wing crashed into the control tower of a Star-Destroyer, causing it to fly unguided into a super-star destroyer.

I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.

Wrongo! An A-wing crashed into the control tower of a super-star destroyer, causing it to crash unguided into the second Death Star.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    trentsteel wrote:
    No.

An A-wing crashed into the control tower of a Star-Destroyer, causing it to fly unguided into a super-star destroyer.

Wrongo! An A-wing crashed into the control tower of a super-star destroyer, causing it to crash unguided into the second Death Star.
    NOOOOOOOOOO! Let us get back to how awesome it would be to recreate battles from the original series using Lego models. If only they had some Rebel capital ships...

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    trentsteel wrote:
    No.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Let us get back to how awesome it would be to recreate battles from the original series using Lego models. If only they had some Rebel capital ships...

some mon calamari cruisers would be sweet, and a lego Ackbar!

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    trentsteel wrote:
    No.

Psssh. Sure that's what happened, next you'll be telling me there are bars where men dance with other men.

Just kidding you are right.

trentsteel on

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gafoto wrote:

I'm telling you. Eclipse class. The model would be like 10 feet long at least.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Newtron on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gafoto wrote:

I was JUST trying to remember the name of the even bigger one. I think I saw a picture of it in a Star Wars RP book once. Like ten times the size of a Super Star Destroyer.

trentsteel on

• Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Newtron wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    trentsteel wrote:
    No.

some mon calamari cruisers would be sweet, and a lego Ackbar!

And Lego Chewbacca would give Lego Han Solo a Lego blowjob!

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    except mega blocks are for fags

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    trentsteel wrote:
    Gafoto wrote:

I was JUST trying to remember the name of the even bigger one. I think I saw a picture of it in a Star Wars RP book once. Like ten times the size of a Super Star Destroyer.

eclipse.gif

I think it showed up in the comic series that followed the story line immediately after Return of the Jedi. I remember seeing it surrounded by tiny Star Destroyers and being like 'woah'.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why would anyone build something like that's size :o

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    it would take two a-wings to take that thing out :O

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Quote Wikipedia:

"The power of the Eclipse-class' superlaser as described is self-contradictory. It has been described as 2/3rds the power of the Death Star's prime weapon. Visual analysis of Alderaan's destruction in ANH suggested the Death Star superlaser inserted at least a million times more energy than the minimum for permanently breaking up a planet. Therefore a weapon with "2/3rds the power" would be more than sufficient to irrevocably shatter a planet, yet it was also stated that the Eclipse's superlaser was not powerful enough to destroy a planet. There is some speculation as to whether the 2/3rds number refers to the magnitude of the energy release as opposed to the total value; this would put the main weapon below the threshold necessary to destroy a planet. Another possibility, as the Death Star's superlaser consisted of eight (or, in the Death Star II, nine) individual beams which combined into a single larger beam after firing, is that the Eclipse-class' superlaser had 2/3rds the power of one of the Death Star superlaser's component beams."

Oh god the controversy.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Eclipse.png

trentsteel on

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    For the record:
    1. The Eclipse is only a little better than twice the size of a Super Star Destroyer (17.5 km vs. 8 km).
    2. It appeared in the comic series Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, and Empire's End.
    3. There were two of them (the first one got blown up, so they just fucking made another one).
    4. At least 70% of the fun of Legos is crashing the ships and putting them back together, not just setting them on your shelf and never doing anything with them again.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    KongKong Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    so uh

what kind of tactical function would a ship that big serve

would it just trap enemy ships in it's gravity well and ram into them or what

Kong on
    Targets eliminated: zilch
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    sometimes, actually.

Really, mostly psychological. Seems a long way to go for a psychological advantage, but shit, that's Star Wars Comics for you.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Kong wrote:
    so uh

what kind of tactical function would a ship that big serve

would it just trap enemy ships in it's gravity well and ram into them or what

According to wikipedia....yeah that's exactly what it does lol. It has gravity well generators even.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited January 2007
    Framling wrote:
    sometimes, actually.

Really, mostly psychological. Seems a long way to go for a psychological advantage, but shit, that's Star Wars Comics for you.

yeah, no kidding

can't even begin to imagine how much taxpayers would bitch about having to pony up money for a public works project like that

Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Kong wrote:
    Framling wrote:
    sometimes, actually.

yeah, no kidding

can't even begin to imagine how much taxpayers would bitch about having to pony up money for a public works project like that

The comics tended to be kinda bad about that, just throwing out over-the-top, DragonBall-Z-esque, who-can-think-of-a-bigger-number type shit.

On a related note, Kevin J. Anderson, I'm pretty sure, has some kind of medical condition that requires him to put a superweapon in every Star Wars book he writes.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Kong wrote:
    Framling wrote:
    sometimes, actually.

yeah, no kidding

"Hey! Hey guys! We have this GREAT plan. We're going to scare people with our giant penises, wait I mean ships. Pay us"

Leli on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Framling wrote:
    There were two of them (the first one got blown up, so they just fucking made another one).

you would think that this would be something that is really really really inconvenient and time-consuming and that the star wars media would somehow reflect that

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    at that point i would just attach rockets to a planet and fly the entire planet around

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That's no planet

That's a space station

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    oh wait it is just a planet no it's okay

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fallout wrote:
    Framling wrote:
    There were two of them (the first one got blown up, so they just fucking made another one).

you would think that this would be something that is really really really inconvenient and time-consuming and that the star wars media would somehow reflect that

I was never really satisfied with how the second one came into being. It almost seemed like they just came up with two ways to destroy it, so the editor was all "Okay, since you've both been so good, we'll use both your ideas."

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    just sayen, its probably cheaper to attach giant rockets to a planet

at least at that size

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Barcardi wrote:
    at that point i would just attach rockets to a planet and fly the entire planet around

i think there was a video game like that once

Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    if all they care about is size they should just get a jawa to roll a katamari around for a while

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fuck what was that one show where the planets would fight each other? It was like battle planets or something and there was a ice planet and other theme planets that fought against this big evil planet that ate the other planets. It was a shitty cgi show and they had a bunch of toys

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fuck what was that one show where the planets would fight each other? It was like battle planets or something and there was a ice planet and other theme planets that fought against this big evil planet that ate the other planets. It was a shitty cgi show and they had a bunch of toys

pac-man?

Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

shadow raiders?

Newtron on