As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls (An Indie Comic)

124»

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Completely inconsequential but why does the girl randomly bend over like a crack-whore in that one panel?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    TravisLeggeTravisLegge Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Completely inconsequential but why does the girl randomly bend over like a crack-whore in that one panel?

She's picking up the car keys Paco dropped in an earlier panel.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    Home to the Contagion Role-Playing Game! News about Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls.
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So not to be like super picky but any chance you could put your images in the spoiler tags? I didn't know I'd be getting like 20 images showing up and its not always fun to browse at work.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    Putting in spoiler tags wouldn't stop them from loading, but linking them would (and it is probably a good idea to do so anyways). If you're going to put them here, putting the images in thumbnails that link to a larger image or just having the links with maybe the cover image would probably be the best idea.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    why would she want the window rolled down.

also, that is not something i would ever buy.

Summer. Hot outside. Fresh air.

she doesn't want to get seen outside of the car because she feels too exposed so the first thing she does before gargling some knob is ask for the window to be rolled down?

This was my reaction when I read that part, too.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have her ask to have the window rolled down? Meaning, is it just fluff text that doesn't have a direct story-telling purpose, or are you doing this to show why the dude rolls the window down, which is why later on the other chick can reach in through the open window with the knife? Because if it's the latter, I don't think you need to bother - if you left that line out completely, and the window just so happened to be open when it needed to be for the beheading to happen, I wouldn't be all "Wait a minute why is the window open does not compute, this is not realistic at all, nerd rage activate". I'd be like "Oh, ok, the window was open, and now that dude's headless (:winky:)".

Basically, what I'm saying is, the girl asking for the window to be opened didn't make any sense to me in context, so the fact that it was so out-of-place made me think it was either shoddy writing or going to be important somehow. So, I sat there waiting for it to come into play, and then it didn't.
    What did disconnect me is that one scene where she's telling him she feels exposed and the very next panel where she's apparently doing a backwards crab or something.

As for the window opening, maybe have a mention of it being open off-the-cuff if you feel it's important? Like maybe he says he's gonna roll up the window because he doesn't want anyone to hear.

I dunno, I just don't personally feel that the window being open or closed is at all important. It's not like we see Justine using a knife one minute, and then slitting the guys throat with a chainsaw. It's just a window.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Like many have said, the art is good (great in places) but I'm not happy with the lettering.

Fow what it's worth, Comic Life is what my Mum uses to mess about with on her Mac, putting funny speech bubbles over family photos. Illy really isn't that hard to learn.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Like many have said, the art is good (great in places) but I'm not happy with the lettering.

Fow what it's worth, Comic Life is what my Mum uses to mess about with on her Mac, putting funny speech bubbles over family photos. Illy really isn't that hard to learn.

I'll give Illustrator a shot for issue 3's letters. And I am going to be reworking all the lettering for the collection.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
    Home to the Contagion Role-Playing Game! News about Corpus Christie and the Cape Girls.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Putting in spoiler tags wouldn't stop them from loading, but linking them would (and it is probably a good idea to do so anyways). If you're going to put them here, putting the images in thumbnails that link to a larger image or just having the links with maybe the cover image would probably be the best idea.

Thanks for the suggestion. Edits have been made, and I'll do this going forward.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm not worried about the actual load, just them showing up when I hit the thread

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jesus Christ. He's like some terrifying hybrid of the sumo guy from Stormwatch and Nuke in Supreme Power. And a skull.

It's awesome.

Thanks, I'm taking that as a huge compliment actually. I was worried when creating my own characters that actual comic fans, those like myself, would pick out my influences 100% after seeing any image.
    Though I never had those two guys in mind at all (actually never heard of Nuke or read Supreme Power, gonna look it up now)...though I do recall thinking Fuji from stormwatch was the best member of that team back in the 90's.

And just for another tidbit of info...The character in the sketch, Sievert, is the good guy :)

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wow, it's been a few since I could log in. Been crazy busy!
    Wizard World Chicago was pretty awesome, though attendance seemed to be less than I remember last year. I have a whole ton of things going on that i'm not quite ready to make announcements about yet, but I did want to tell you all that I didn't forget about you, and there is big stuff on the horizon.

Also, I will be looking for pinups for the Reckoning trade, if anyone is interested.

TravisLegge on
    www.aegisstudios.net
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Should I break out my miniskirt?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, it's been a few since I could log in. Been crazy busy!
    Wizard World Chicago was pretty awesome, though attendance seemed to be less than I remember last year. I have a whole ton of things going on that i'm not quite ready to make announcements about yet, but I did want to tell you all that I didn't forget about you, and there is big stuff on the horizon.

Also, I will be looking for pinups for the Reckoning trade, if anyone is interested.

This confuses me...

SatanIsMyMotor on