As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 6/18/08

1235»

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    israel is awesome LOOK AT THESE TITTIES I MEAN DAMN

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Red Riding Hood has some of the rudest tits ever in that side story.. The Last Castle I think its called?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    God I would really like them to put Fables in hardcover already. I'd totally read it, but the costs of catching up on all those TPBs is prohibitive.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    But aren't hardcovers usually the same as buying however many trades are included, maybe a little cheaper?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Not if you factor in Amazon shipping, which is per book rather than by weight, meaning one hardcover is often cheaper for me than two trades. It gets even better when the HC combines three trades. And in my experience the HCs are often cheaper when you factor in the Amazon discounts.

For example, the first Invincible Hardcover collects the first three trades. The three trades are $10.36 each (plus $4.99 each postage). The first hardcover is $23.07 + $4.99 postage. So thats a $17.99 saving by buying the Hardcover, and I prefer stuff in hardcover where possible anyway so it's a win win.

Edit: Man, I should really just buy the first three Invincible Hardcovers, shouldn't I?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    YES.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first Fables trade. I'd say it's at least as good as the next two.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    isnt the third one March of the Wooden Soldiers? I think thats the one where the story really starting getting good

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i almost didn't buy the second trade after i read the first trade of Fables

i thought i had been misled. eventually i decided to keep slogging through it. I think it was March of the Wooden Soldiers that made me a big fan.

Rans on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nah, the second is Animal Farm and the third is Storybook Love...or something like that.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    the fables trades are dirt cheap though.. i think they average to like 13 or 14 bucks a pop.

Angry on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Not if you factor in Amazon shipping

Amazon charges shipping?

And I'm not just being a jerk, seriously, they do? .Com? The Canadian site is still doing the free shipping over a certain dollar value (currently $40), so I've been catching up on Preacher and Fables through them. 1/3 off the Trades + free shipping makes things pretty easy on the wallet.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Virral wrote: »
    Not if you factor in Amazon shipping

Amazon charges shipping?

And I'm not just being a jerk, seriously, they do? .Com? The Canadian site is still doing the free shipping over a certain dollar value (currently $40), so I've been catching up on Preacher and Fables through them. 1/3 off the Trades + free shipping makes things pretty easy on the wallet.
    You can get free shipping on orders over $25.00 at Amazon.com

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I should clarify, International shipping not US domestic.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just wish they'd put more issues into normal trade paperbacks. This five or six issue standard doesn't satisfy me.

Lux on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    okay guys sorry but we don't need a two-week old motw sharing the top of the page with last week's motw thread

say goodnight

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.