As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fucking Cheaters

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The only cheating I ever did was in high school Chemistry. And that was just to program a bunch of formulas and common chemical reactions into my graphing calculator. Sure, I could have memorized them, but that was precious time that could be better spent in futile attempts to hook up with my hot lab partner.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    Your user name makes me think of Bonzi Buddy

fuck bonzi buddy

My user name makes you think of a purple ape?
    yeah, desktop ape
    desktop hippo

don't take it personally though

But I'm not a hippo. I'm a hippie.

And there is no way to call a female a hippo and not have her cry about her weight. No way at all.
    Sob!
    gah my reading comprehension! the funny thing is, once you pointed that out I was all, "shit, I knew that was hippie before this. why did I read it as hippo now?"

Insert becuase your old gag no 317 here.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Your user name makes me think of Bonzi Buddy

fuck bonzi buddy

My user name makes you think of a purple ape?
    yeah, desktop ape
    desktop hippo

don't take it personally though

But I'm not a hippo. I'm a hippie.

And there is no way to call a female a hippo and not have her cry about her weight. No way at all.
    Sob!
    gah my reading comprehension! the funny thing is, once you pointed that out I was all, "shit, I knew that was hippie before this. why did I read it as hippo now?"

Insert becuase your old gag no 317 here.

oh man I love number 317

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2008
    well memorizing formulas is pretty lame
    all looking down at you for having it written down, then on the job they've got a reference poster with the most used formulas for when they forget

They're allowed to cheat, druhim. They made it to that point without cheating.

That's the prize for not cheating: cheating.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    FlavabeanFlavabean Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Women often keep notes inside their vaginas.

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Larlar wrote: »
    all looking down at you for having it written down, then on the job they've got a reference poster with the most used formulas for when they forget

you know what my prize is for being this old? cheap coffee at Dennys

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mysst wrote: »
    The only time I cheated was in like, the second grade. We had spelling tests on word sounds, which was very confusing to me. You can't just break words into pieces and ask for the spelling, that's ridiculous.

Oh god, favourite school test memory ever.

Second or third class. We have a spelling test. Teacher is calling out words, and we're writing them. Then this happens.

Teacher: "Ambulance."
    Brian (Yeah, still remember his name) "What was that?"
    Teacher: "Ambulance."
    Brian: "Ambulance?"
    Teacher: "Yes."
    Brian: "How do you spell it?"
    Teacher: "A - M- B- U- L- wait! Dammit Brian!"

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It really isn't that hard to memorize formulas, like 3 or 4 exposures should be enough?
    And not to get on your back, I've got it pretty light, but if you cheated and had to work + do your course time, I'm sure there was someone who didn't cheat and was in the same situation.

Also don't they give you Formulas ever? Like, a sheet of relevant stuff.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't cheat, but I applaud those who do and get away with it.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What's that scene in that movie where Dan Akroyd and Chevie Chase try to cheat and it just gets way out of control until one is reading off the other while pretending to give him CPR?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    let them.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2008

you know what my prize is for being this old? cheap coffee at Dennys

I thought it was unprovoked crankiness.

And cheap coffee is just one of the benefits of being cranky at the right people.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Flavabean wrote: »
    Women often keep notes inside their vaginas.

How do they get them out without anyone noticing?

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Don't forget Senior movie theater prices!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    What's that scene in that movie where Dan Akroyd and Chevie Chase try to cheat and it just gets way out of control until one is reading off the other while pretending to give him CPR?

Spies Like Us

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It really isn't that hard to memorize formulas, like 3 or 4 exposures should be enough?
    And not to get on your back, I've got it pretty light, but if you cheated and had to work + do your course time, I'm sure there was someone who didn't cheat and was in the same situation.

it's not hard, no
    just stupid

also, i've only ever cheated on a trivia game on an airplane flight once

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    $.50 off a $12 ticket!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

it's not hard, no
    just stupid

also, i've only ever cheated on a trivia game on an airplane flight once

If you know it without looking you'll be able to work through it faster and with more confidence than if you have to look it up and worry about if you're using it correctly.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    $.50 off a $12 ticket!

Thats like half a dollar.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

by the time you get to the point where every single slightly different problem requires a totally different formula, usually involving 5 or so variables raised to the power of 0.693 or whatever, well yeah.

no

memorizing formulas is for courses with easy math.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    $.50 off a $12 ticket!

heck, that's a cup of coffee at the old Denny's to go with my grand slam!

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    $.50 off a $12 ticket!

$.50 used to be a fortune!

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what about the breakfast bowl

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008

by the time you get to the point where every single slightly different problem requires a totally different formula, usually involving 5 or so variables raised to the power of 0.693 or whatever, well yeah.

no

Seriously though, no formula sheet?

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The extent of my cheating involved having formulas written down on something, because very few of my professors allowed formula sheets in for exams. So, I used these 'cheat sheet' in half of my exams. I'm pretty sure 90% of the kids in my classes were doing the same thing as I was. Now baby-face Dave is all indignant.

And, yes, Stimko, maybe someone was in the same position as me, but really I don't care about how they approached the situation. I took the 'cheating' road and that was that.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Fuck you, man. I got through half my exams in college by deviating from the rules. If the Chinese kids in my courses could do it, so could I.

3.61 GPA for life.

I hope you die.

Suck a cock.

You work 35 hours a week and have 50 hours of course work a week. Tell me how it goes for you. Tell me how your GPA looks.

Awww, so it was HARD?

That's so terrible for you. I just got my masters degree with a full time job and a new baby at home. I got a 4.0. Shut the fuck up you cheating bitch. I hope you fail at life.

Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blitzkrieg wrote: »
    Fuck you, man. I got through half my exams in college by deviating from the rules. If the Chinese kids in my courses could do it, so could I.

3.61 GPA for life.

I hope you die.

Suck a cock.

You work 35 hours a week and have 50 hours of course work a week. Tell me how it goes for you. Tell me how your GPA looks.

Awww, so it was HARD?

That's so terrible for you. I just got my masters degree with a full time job and a new baby at home. I got a 4.0. Shut the fuck up you cheating bitch. I hope you fail at life.

So in other words, he worked smarter, not harder.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    People actually swapped papers? Wow, I've never seen that before.

I can't imagine a discreet way of getting away with that unless you plan for a gryphon to fly through the room at precise intervals.

The best bit was their oh so innocent expressions when I saw them do it out of the corner of my eye and turned to look at them.

Tell me they whistled.

Sadly, no. It was more a "Why, hello there teacher! Why are you looking at us so suspiciously on such a fine day?" kind of expression.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Blitzkrieg wrote: »

3.61 GPA for life.

I hope you die.

Suck a cock.

Awww, so it was HARD?

Next time punch her in the stomache.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The extent of my cheating involved having formulas written down on something, because very few of my professors allowed formula sheets in for exams. So, I used these 'cheat sheet' in half of my exams. I'm pretty sure 90% of the kids in my classes were doing the same thing as I was. Now baby-face Dave is all indignant.

And, yes, Stimko, maybe someone was in the same position as me, but really I don't care about how they approached the situation. I took the 'cheating' road and that was that.

"Baby-face" is the best you could come up with?
    Maybe you should copy your insults off of somebody a little more clever.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008

no

engineering formulas are a pain in the ass. all derived empirically and shit.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

ziiing

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Don't forget to breathe between your anger spasms, now.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Well he is french

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Cheaters piss me off because then they get degrees and jobs and next thing you know bridges are collapsing and allergies are being misdiagnosed as depression. College isn't just about getting a certain GPA, it's about learning information that is vital to your future career. If you can't hack it, drop out and work retail.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

no

engineering formulas are a pain in the ass. all derived empirically and shit.

I'm in an engineering course, we will see how this works out for me.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Guys...

Ladies...

People...

I have a breakfast burrito and holy fuck it's the most delicious thing ever created.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

Well he is french

Oh dang, now I feel like a jerk.
    Poor guy.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    $.50 off a $12 ticket!

heck, that's a cup of coffee at the old Denny's to go with my grand slam!
    no way I'm all about the Rootie Tootie Fresh 'n Fruity!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    man, I never memorized one formula for my calculus class

if I needed a formula I didn't know, I just derived it right there

Randall_Flagg on