As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week: 6/25/08

Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
edited July 2008 in Graphic Violence
Immortal Iron Fist
Who was it that said all along, "Iron Fists die when they turn 33, bad shit gonna happen to Danny soon"?
That was me, fuck you guys

Me Too! on
«13456

Posts

  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, real shocker there.

    Crimsondude on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm saying it because every time I said something you guys were like "Bullshit"
    Fuck you all so hard

    Me Too! on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    wiggin if you turn this thread into an excuse to tell everyone to fuck off I am going to do terrible things to you

    DJ Eebs on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Nah I'm good now I just wanted to get that out of my system
    It's my one chance to gloat about something ModGeebs, let me have this brief moment
    In other news the end of USM was wondrous

    Me Too! on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wiggin if you turn this thread into an excuse to tell everyone to fuck off I am going to do terrible things to you

    You should do it anyway, you know to keep the locals in line and fearing you.

    smokmnky on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Superman 677. What the fuck is wrong with the dialogue? Why does Superman sound like a retard?

    The writing style does grow on me, though. As if I'm transported to a superhero version of Death of a Salesman

    TeaSpoon on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    James Robinson is a proper brit

    not like some of those other scoundrels who write comics

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    the first couple of pages of superman were a little tough to get through at first

    but it had krypto, so

    DJ Eebs on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is an actual piece of dialogue from the beginning of the issue.
    Krypto: Man. Man throw thing. I. I catch. I bring to man. And he does thing makes Krypto happy.
    Superman: Good Boy.
    Krypto: Happy.
    Green Lantern: This is weird.
    Superman: No. This is fun.
    Green Lantern: No. This is weird. Playing frisbee -- with masks and costumes and powers --
    Superman: Yeah, but--
    Green Lantern: No, wait, I'm not done. -- In space with a superpowered canine -- is weird.

    Here is where it gets freaky.

    Superman: Hal, I thought better of you. What all have you seen. How many worlds? How much? Man, how many alien girls alone - all exotic looks and skins and such - have you dated?
    Green Lantern: Not as many as people think.
    Superman: What about Jade, Alan's daughter? Exotic.
    Green Lantern: Sure, very, but that was Kyle.
    Superman: Lucky Kyle.
    Green Lantern: Then. Sure. Lucky. His--her--their luck ran out. It tends to--with us.
    Superman: Me. I sound stupid. Smug. Talking all roses and hearts and flowers and roses -- but -- I think I broke the curse. I have Lois. Lois.

    TeaSpoon on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    man what

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow.

    Superman really wants to bang Alan Scott's daughter.

    Would that you could, big guy. Would that you could.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Why did Superman have the green bubble on his head? He can breath (well, hold his breath) in space pretty much indefinitely.

    KVW on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    But dosent he usually wear or suit or helmet or some sort of mask when he's going to be in space for extended periods

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ahh, it's a good thing you have Lois, Superman.

    JoeUser on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Ahh, it's a good thing you have Lois, Superman.

    Hahahahahaha.


    Aaahahahahahahahaha

    Furu on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Why did Superman have the green bubble on his head? He can breath (well, hold his breath) in space pretty much indefinitely.
    So Hal could hear him talk in space?

    Wildcat on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    Why did Superman have the green bubble on his head? He can breath (well, hold his breath) in space pretty much indefinitely.
    So Hal could hear him talk in space?

    thats a good reason too

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    But dosent he usually wear or suit or helmet or some sort of mask when he's going to be in space for extended periods
    Only in the cartoon.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »
    Why did Superman have the green bubble on his head? He can breath (well, hold his breath) in space pretty much indefinitely.
    So Hal could hear him talk in space?

    thats a good reason too

    He heard Atlas yell from Earth. Superman defies physics with super hearing, but let's go with the bubble helped.

    KVW on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Not so Superman can hear

    so Hal can hear

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    yeah but none of that explains why he was talking like a robot with a system error

    DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    maybe its Hank Henshaw

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    RUN!

    Sars_Boy on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    what

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Final Crisis you fag

    Sars_Boy on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I havent been to the shop

    I have this thing called a job

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    FC
    The only thing Barry says is "Run" as he comes barreling towards Wally and Jay with the Black Racer right on his ass

    Me Too! on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ok that actually sounds pretty cool

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    This is an actual piece of dialogue from the beginning of the issue.
    Krypto: Man. Man throw thing. I. I catch. I bring to man. And he does thing makes Krypto happy.
    Superman: Good Boy.
    Krypto: Happy.
    Green Lantern: This is weird.
    Superman: No. This is fun.
    Green Lantern: No. This is weird. Playing frisbee -- with masks and costumes and powers --
    Superman: Yeah, but--
    Green Lantern: No, wait, I'm not done. -- In space with a superpowered canine -- is weird.

    Here is where it gets freaky.

    Superman: Hal, I thought better of you. What all have you seen. How many worlds? How much? Man, how many alien girls alone - all exotic looks and skins and such - have you dated?
    Green Lantern: Not as many as people think.
    Superman: What about Jade, Alan's daughter? Exotic.
    Green Lantern: Sure, very, but that was Kyle.
    Superman: Lucky Kyle.
    Green Lantern: Then. Sure. Lucky. His--her--their luck ran out. It tends to--with us.
    Superman: Me. I sound stupid. Smug. Talking all roses and hearts and flowers and roses -- but -- I think I broke the curse. I have Lois. Lois.

    this is seriously cracking my shit up

    all giggling like a girl in my office

    Rans on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If I read it a couple of times, I can kind of figure out how it's supposed to sound naturally, but it really doesn't translate onto the page very well.

    Lux on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    ok that actually sounds pretty cool

    Looks cool too.
    5xq54.jpg

    Owenashi on
  • mugginnsmugginns Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Son of a dammit I wish I hadn't read that FC spoiler

    Why don't you people have jobs

    mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So Runaways, Its been so long I completely forgot what was happening. Infact I'm not even sure I know what the Story was outside the Time Travel thing. But I did like the art.

    smokmnky on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    gang war between mutant teenagers in the past

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    ok that actually sounds pretty cool

    Looks cool too.
    5xq54.jpg
    The art...his face...it's all mushy, the eyes don't line up

    deadonthestreet on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    gang war between mutant teenagers in the past

    Did anyone get the SI Runaways Tie In? Does it take place in the past too?

    JoeUser on
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah but none of that explains why he was talking like a robot with a system error

    Superman has encountered an error and needs to close.

    [OK]

    Detharin on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    gang war between mutant teenagers in the past

    Did anyone get the SI Runaways Tie In? Does it take place in the past too?
    No it basically takes place right after the Runaways get back from the past. They have that new little girl with them

    smokmnky on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    gang war between mutant teenagers in the past

    Did anyone get the SI Runaways Tie In? Does it take place in the past too?

    no, SI Runaways/Young Avengers takes place during SI

    I think its safe to assume that they get back to the present at the end of the newest issue of Runaways

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    gang war between mutant teenagers in the past

    Did anyone get the SI Runaways Tie In? Does it take place in the past too?

    it's a secret invasion tie-in so no

    DJ Eebs on
Sign In or Register to comment.