As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week: 6/25/08

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    gang war between mutant teenagers in the past

Did anyone get the SI Runaways Tie In? Does it take place in the past too?

no, SI Runaways/Young Avengers takes place during SI

I think its safe to assume that they get back to the present at the end of the newest issue of Runaways

It's about time! It seems like they've been in the past for a year.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pretty much all of New and Mighty Avengers and getting some solid answers on when certain people were replaced by Skrulls. I got so many Marvel books today and can barely remember all the cool stuff but my God Thunderbolts was awesome.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, Spider-Woman was present for Disassembled. Why didn't anyone question her asking what happened to Scarlet Witch when she asked about it in NA this week? She's in the back left of this image. So was Spider-Man for that matter. The recent Mighty Avengers issue that showed the Secret War also had her present for that when she wasn't even there. These are all written by Bendis and he can't keep simple things straight.
    05819410642502p1zg2.gif

KVW on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    okay just because she's in that shot doesn't mean she automatically knows what caused all that shit to happen, for one

and on the second point, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    okay just because she's in that shot doesn't mean she automatically knows what caused all that shit to happen, for one

This week's New Avengers had
    all the skrulls scrambling around, trying to take out key members of super-organizations. Part of that involved milking Tony Stark about what the hell happened to Wanda Maximoff. Supposedly, she should already know.

I think this is the part you're confused about, correct?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

This week's New Avengers had
    all the skrulls scrambling around, trying to take out key members of super-organizations. Part of that involved milking Tony Stark about what the hell happened to Wanda Maximoff. Supposedly, she should already know.

I think this is the part you're confused about, correct?
    I'm kind of fuzzy on Disassembled, but I thought the group that actually knew who was responsible was considerably smaller than the whole Avengers team, so, she might not know

what I'm more fuzzy is the bit where she's supposedly in Secret War flashbacks because I don't remember that happening

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone that was there had no idea what was actually going on.

and plus I doubt Bendis specifically wrote "Oh and Finch, put Spider-Woman in the corner." he probably didn't know about it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bendis works full scripts, doesn't he? And even if he didn't, and they worked it Marvel style, he would have seen the pencils beforehand.

This isn't the first time Bendis has screwed up continuity - why bust his balls about it now? It's not his strong suit, it'll never be his strong suit, so fuck it, y'know?

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Plus it's not a big mess up.

If what I remember is right(and it may not be).

That shit happens with the whole fake Kree invasion, Hawkeye dies and everyone flips out.

Then a smaller squad of Avengers actually figures out what the fuck happened.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Guys, did you see Fraction and Brubaker's cameo in Iron Fist? It's when Luke and Danny are at Times Square. Brubaker's wearing his hat and he's got a Criminal shirt on, and Fraction's got on a Casanova shirt. I just thought that was cool. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Guys, did you see Fraction and Brubaker's cameo in Iron Fist? It's when Luke and Danny are at Times Square. Brubaker's wearing his hat and he's got a Criminal shirt on, and Fraction's got on a Casanova shirt. I just thought that was cool. :^:

Hahahaha! Awesome!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just spent half an hour finding those issues and looking.

After the battle, in front of the entire crowd of superheroes, Dr. Strange plays amateur detective and figures it all out. He explains, in very clear terms, just what happened. All around them, superheroes pay attention and comment on it. Spider-man is being silly while they explain how Wanda killed their friends.

Bendis wrote Spider-man's dialogue.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    what about spidey?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    what about spidey?

What about him?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You do realize that Spidey coping through humor and making an ass of himself has been a staple of his character for years, right?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what about spidey?

What about him?

i don't know. why did you point him out?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what about spidey?

What about him?

In the New Avenger issue this week, he had no idea what happened at disassembled while he was clearly present at the event.

But who knows, what with all the brainwashing and magic and whatever they go through each day.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Spider-Man isn't a Skrull.

There is zero chance of that happening.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what about spidey?

What about him?

In the New Avenger issue this week, he had no idea what happened at disassembled while he was clearly present at the event.

But who knows, what with all the brainwashing and magic and whatever they go through each day.

oh, ok. it was just on the last page people were talking about spider-woman and if she should know what happened during disassembled or not. i thought you were just continuing that

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    what about spidey?

What about him?

oh, ok. it was just on the last page people were talking about spider-woman and if she should know what happened during disassembled or not. i thought you were just continuing that

I was. She was there too. And Spider-man. And she had the same memory problem in NA this week as Spider-Man.

[EDIT] Also, I would say that there is some truth to KVW's accusations of Bendis' ability to keep his story straight.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    okay then!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So Ms Marvel this week was pretty awesome. Not only was it a good fight but it seems that Carol is finally starting to break out from the whiny "poor me, why can't I be popular" thing that has been plaguing her for most of the series.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    After reading Ultimates 3 this week I've come to the conclusion that
    Ultimate Black Panther is Nick Fury

If I'm late to the realization I apologize :-p

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Reigner wrote: »
    After reading Ultimates 3 this week I've come to the conclusion that
    Ultimate Black Panther is Nick Fury

If I'm late to the realization I apologize :-p
    Problem with that is as far as we know, Nick's still in the Supreme Power-verse. Solicits for the new series even mention him. True, the original Fury had a thing about using robotic duplicates so one could be either running around as BP or be the one in the SP-Verse.

Still, I think I read somewhere that there was a shot in #4 showing that the Black Panther's hand was exposed as white underneath the costume.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Final Crisis list:
    While lacking in giant plot twists, except for the one at the end that was telegraphed, I enjoyed:
    -Sonny Sumo ripping a bitch's heart out and putting it in a shotglass.
    -Sundoller Coffee. It's nice that the details of the DC world they built in 52 is still reappearing.
    -Of course, "Run!"

Lux on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blankspace wrote: »

That shit happens with the whole fake Kree invasion, Hawkeye dies and everyone flips out.

yes, this

Dr. Strange shows up and realizes whats happaned and then like the actual core Avengers confront Wanda

they didnt drag all 500 of those people with them

and since she was thier friend it makes perfect sense that they would want to keep it private, as well as her current location

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Blankspace wrote: »

yes, this

Dr. Strange shows up and realizes whats happaned and then like the actual core Avengers confront Wanda

they didnt drag all 500 of those people with them

and since she was thier friend it makes perfect sense that they would want to keep it private, as well as her current location

Yes, but every single person there, meaning everyone who was ever an Avenger, heard Strange's explanation and knew exactly what happened.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    they heard that there was no such thing as chaos magic

they didnt learn that Wanda had gone insane

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man, even if it was weird for Spider-Woman to ask that, it wasn't enough to assume anything was wrong with her.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    even if she had put everything together and knew that Wanda was the sole cause of everything and had gone completey insane

she still wouldnt have known where she was

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    End of Fantastic 4, I think.

Pretty nonsensical.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought this bit in Ultimates #4 was funny:
    Robot Iron Man - I could use a drink. Any vodka down here?

Robot Yellowjacket - Amazing. The personality imprints are near perfect.

I mean, I guess it is Ultimate Tony Stark, but c'mon. All there is to Iron Man is 'funny drunk?'

...yeah, I guess so.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd rather be punched in the face than be forced to read through the entirety of Ultimates 3, from how the book sounds.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hulk #4
    green hulk biting off the gun was hilarious

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    1985 was concentrated awesome yet again

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I really did enjoy Iron Fist, beyond my ability to be a dick.
    It was a great way for Bru, Fraction, and Aja to bow out

Bale those last few pages of 1985
    His dad in the recliner
    And what was outside the window yes

Me Too! on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    mugginns wrote: »
    Hulk #4
    green hulk biting off the gun was hilarious
    Yeah, too bad the Abomination didn't think of that. Then again, R-Hulk beat him down enough to probably prevent him doing such an act. Hopefully that moment will at least shut up the 'Where's The Green Scar?' complainers for a bit.

On another note, it looks like the suspect list is back down to Ross and Samson thanks to Clay's death. Right now the big clues of the issue are Samson's torn and gamma-irritated coat and R-Hulk's use of the word 'milksop' when it comes to Bruce Banner.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hopefully that moment will at least shut up the 'Where's The Green Scar?' complainers for a bit.

Hey, fuck you, but yeah you're right, that will shut us up.
    Also Clay hasn't been a suspect since Issue 2 when he and Red Hulk were in a panel together.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If its Samson, Loeb better give a good reason for messing with my favorite green haired psychoanalyst.

I'm betting its Ross.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    it's still Ross because Loeb is a terrible fucking writer who would do this

Sars_Boy on