As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

should i see a foot doctor?

useless4useless4 Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
This is my right foot.
foot.jpg

I just got back from an extended stay in bad conditions overseas, and woke up the next morning after about a thirteen hour total plane ride and noticed my foot looks like this.

It's hard to tell in the picture but easy to tell in real life that I have brownish-blackish-purplish style "raised" skin arcross the bridge of four of the five toes. about an inch in length. Very rough to the touch but not painful or even noticeably different if i poke it. Between the big toe and the next toe over i have dry skin.

On the big toe the rough raised patch is "split" like the skin broke open and there's new skin in there.

I also have a more bruiseish looking spot about an inch in diameter but roughly the same color on the front of my foot where it slopes up to be the ankle.

I can move my feet normally wiggle the toes etc. It doesn't hurt.

Really though. Like there was no onset. Just one morning I noticed this. Now with the travel and the bad environments I may have missed the onset but I am not sure.

The only thing I can think of is i was wearing a pair of sneaker like timberlands with steel toes and this is roughly the part where the steel toe would start/end if it was exposed.

Should I panic? Seeing a doctor is possible but not preferred unless there are some serious symptoms someone can point out that this may be. I rather like my foot and wouldn't like to lose it.

useless4 on

• Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You'd probably see a dermatologist for that. Is it expensive to see one where you live?

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    does the bruise hurt when you push on it?

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If by bad conditions you mean one of those third-world nations where people still get polio and the bubonic plague then go see a doctor.

supabeast on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    useless4 wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of is i was wearing a pair of sneaker like timberlands with steel toes and this is roughly the part where the steel toe would start/end if it was exposed.

Your feet swelled up on the flight (as they tend to do on long flights). The end of the steel toe provided a nice edge to bruise the skin as you moved.

That's my theory, anyway.

Fats on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It never hurts to see a doctor, provided you have coverage. If you're uninsured, I'd say wait and see if anything changes or if new symptoms develop (God I hate living in a country without national healthcare, what the fuck?).

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah I say bruising. If it doesnt look like it is getting better in 3 days, it may turn greenish or yellowish then see a doctor but I think you are fine.

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    BetelguesePDXBetelguesePDX Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah I say bruising. If it doesnt look like it is getting better in 3 days, it may turn greenish or yellowish then see a doctor but I think you are fine.

what he said.

BetelguesePDX on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    For best results combine this thread with the whiskey thread. IF ABOVE 21 violentchem, no need to get an itchy ban finger

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fats wrote: »
    useless4 wrote: »

Your feet swelled up on the flight (as they tend to do on long flights). The end of the steel toe provided a nice edge to bruise the skin as you moved.

That's my theory, anyway.

I do believe this may be about right (though i am going to attribute it to standing on my toes for extended periods wrestling with networking cable)

After I wrote this and went to dinner, I stood on my toes to look at something and realized everything matched up 100% to the steel toe and the tongue is! whoo hoo I feel better.

Now I wonder how I did it without ever noticing the pain I must have had doing it?!?

Feel free to lock mods.

useless4 on