As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superhero Game Systems?

DeVryGuyDeVryGuy Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Critical Failures
After my current D&D campaign wraps, I think it would be a fun change of pace to make a Superhero game. Does any one system stand out above the rest?

Pokemon Diamond: 5369 6910 9799
FFTSig.jpg
DeVryGuy on

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Green Ronin's Mutants & Masterminds is pretty spectacular.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    Green Ronin's Mutants & Masterminds is pretty spectacular.

Seconded.

If you can't find that, the old Marvel Superheroes game using the Saga system provided my friends and I with quite a bit of face smashing fun.

For the love of god, stay a way from Heroes (I think that's what it's called). Unless you enjoy using differential equations to throw punches....

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mutants and Materminds and Deeds Not Words are both pretty great.

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Ha ha. I did work on Deeds not Words too.

Heroes Unlimited was the first RPG I ever played. The rules (especially character building) were pretty time consuming, but I liked things like the random power tables. It was fun not knowing what powers your hero was going to end up with.

Edit: My Rambo/Nick Fury/Cable/Malone illo:

dnw3.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm a big fan of Truth and Justice myself. It's rather free-form, so if you like crunchier games, you might want to stay away. That being said, I think the superhero genre benefits from more free-form games, since it gives you more creativity in the way you make your character.

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I can't imagine GURPS Heroes not being awesome.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really like Mutants & Masterminds. It's a great system and I've had a ton of fun with it. You can build pretty much anything with it.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    "Blood of Heroes" for the win. :lol:

Squashua on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really like Aberrant, even though the developers all but come out and say "If you play this like a comic book, you're fucking stupid, stupid. Why are you so stupid? Why don't you have any self-esteem stupid?"

The forward of the player's guide literally says that it's not meant to be played as a "four-color" game, but more like Heroes or Rising Stars, and that you're a wuss if you play otherwise.

Some of the powers and combos are broken, however, so it requires a diligent and careful GM. (Mental Blast + Aggravated Extra ) + (Telepathy + Channeling extra) = Death From Afar.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Okay I stopped by my local game store and picked up Mutants and Masterminds on my way home. And holy crap this sounds fun. It's like it falls somewhere between D&D and Savage Worlds, a nice blend of familiarity, simplicity and flexibility. :^:

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    There was a bad ass Westend Games super hero RPG that was back in the day. Can't remember the name though, but it worked very well.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    There was a bad ass Westend Games super hero RPG that was back in the day. Can't remember the name though, but it worked very well.

Silver Age Sentinels?

DeVryGuy on
    FFTSig.jpg
  • Options
    RalakanRalakan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I had a lot of fun with Heroes Unlimited, but didn't get to play too much unfortunately :(

Ralakan on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

WEG did the DCU Roleplaying Game around 2000/2001.

DMAC on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DeVryGuy wrote:

Silver Age Sentinels?

Not WEG (GoO), but incredibly awesome for supers.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh shit.

OK kids, let me clear this up for y'all.

Ahem.

NSFOR56K - DATA NOT UPDATED SINCE 2001

- - - - -

What's Aberrant by White Wolf?

Aberrant is a super-hero role-playing game, the second in a trilogy of games by White Wolf and not a part of their World of Darkness line. It is the prequel to the futuristic, sci-fi rpg "Trinity" (also known as AEON), and it's own prequel is the pulp genre rpg "Adventure!" The supers of the world are known as "Novas," and can develop strange problems known as aberrations. These corrupt "Aberrants" are referred to as such in Trinity and form a rationale for super-villainy. Using a D10 dice pooling system for combat resolution, Aberrant was published by White Wolf Studios in 1999 and was written by Justin R. Achilli, Andrew Bates, et al.

What's Avengers of Justice by Better Games?

Avengers of Justice is a free-form supers game which resolves discrepancies through role-playing and drama rather than randomization. The adventures are treated like a comic book series; if a super-hero is slain, his associates (including villains) are removed from play since his comic line is considered cancelled. Avengers of Justice, by Joseph Hillmer and George Rahm, was published by Better Games.

What's The Batman RPG by Mayfair Games?

The Batman RPG was marketed at the time of the first Batman movie. The system is a rules-light version of the DC Heroes Second Edition and the setting focuses on the Dark Knight's menagerie of associates and adversaries in Gotham City. The Batman RPG was written in 1989 by Jack A. Barker and Ray Winninger

What's Blood of Heroes by Pulsar Games?

Blood of Heroes is a super-hero and super-villain role-playing game that recycles M.E.G.S used in the third edition of the DC Heroes RPG. It's Sidekick Sourcebook suppliment and later version, Blood of Heroes: Special Edition, which combined Sidekick and the main rulebook essentially represent the fourth edition of DC Heroes. Blood of Heroes is by Tony Oliveira, Ray Hedman, and Jeff Oliveira and was first published by Pulsar Games Incorporated in 1998. The Blood of Heroes: Special Edition revision is by Joshua Marquart, Chris Tatro, Jon Cassie, Tony Oliveira, et. al and was first published in 2001.

What's Brave New World by Pinnacle?

Brave New World is a super-heroic game set in a near future where all the high-powered heroes, &qout;Alphas," have all disappeared and only the low-powered "Deltas" are still around. These Deltas fight a corrupt government. Characters are created using templates and somewhat limited power packages, a concept that has received bad press. Matt Forbeck's Brave New World was first published in 1999 by Pinnacle, and later by AEG, but Matt is currently seeking a publisher so he may reveal the rest of the setting's secrets.

What's Champions by Hero Games?

Champions has been the most popular of all the super-hero role-playing games, it's fourth edition presenting the complex game system as a stand-alone, universal/generic, core rules set named "HERO." Champions was the first super-hero system to feature a point-pool, player-created character creation system. During it's over 20 year lineage, Champions has built it's own setting and has support from hundreds of fans. The first edition by George MacDonald and Steve Peterson was originally released in 1981 by Hero Games. It is currently on the 4th Edition of the HERO system, the hardcover version of which is known as "The Big Blue Book," with a 5th Edition inevitable (Steve Long claims to have a finished copy on his Palm Pilot, so you know who to mug at the conventions). Check the Hero Games site for more information on 5th Edition.

What's Champions: The New Millenium by R. Talsorian Games?

The New Millenium is a super-heroic rpg set in a revised version of the Champions universe. Instead of the HERO system, the game uses the universal Fuzion system, a combination of the HERO system and R. Talsorian's Interlock system. New Millenium was produced in 1997 by R. Talsorian Games.

What's Cosmic Enforcers by Myrmidon Press?

Cosmic Enforcers is a futuristic blend of super-heroics and science fiction that is reminiscent of Palladium's Rifts. The player super-heroes are referred to as the "cosmic enforcers" who battle a dark, chaotic force bent on striking down a galactic alliance. It is by Myrmidon Press.

What's DC Heroes RPG by Mayfair Games?

DC Heroes is the first super-hero RPG set in the DC Comics universe. With an extrodinarily elegant, one-dice-roll-does-all system (later dubbed M.E.G.S./Mayfair's Exponential Gaming System) designed by Greg Gorden, DC Heroes was contender in the 1980's. It went through three editions; a first edition that had a higher point scale than later editions, second edition that solved problems with gadgetry among other things, and a third edition, which combined all previous rules into one package. The Batman Role-Playing Game is a "light" version of the second edition rules, and when Mayfair Games lost the DC Comics license, a different "light" version of M.E.G.S. appeared as Ray Winninger's Underground. Pulsar Games currently has the M.E.G.S. license and their Blood of Heroes is essentially the fourth edition of DC Heroes. DC Heroes was first published in 1985 by Mayfair Games.

What's DC Universe RPG by West End Games?

DC Universe is the second super-hero RPG set in the DC Comics universe. Instead of using M.E.G.S., DC Universe has adapted the "D6 Legend" system. DC Universe was written by Fred Jandt and Nikola Vrtis and was first published by (the no longer bankrupt) West End Games in 1999.

What's Godlike by Pagan Publishing?

Written by Denis Detwiller and with a system developed by Greg Stolz, Godlike is set during World War II where super-powered "Talents" have altered the world through belief in their own super-abilities.

What's GURPS: Supers by Steve Jackson Games?

GURPS, Generic Universal Role-Playing System, was published in 1986 by Steve Jackson GAmes. It is a generic system that has a number of suppliments for super-heroic gaming, including GURPS Supers, GURPS International Super Teams (IST), and GURPS Wild Cards. The original version of GURPS Supers was ill-received when first published in 1989 because it used a different system for power and ability determination than the typical point-based system; it broke the rules. A second edition was quickly published to clear up any problems, but GURPS Supers is still criticized. GURPS is best used for lower-end gaming, normals and standard humans, and some problems result when it reaches the high powered levels that GURPS Supers extends to. Fortunately, the GURPS Supers book is fantastic and has tons of super-heroic role-playing information that even non-GURPS players should read. Every super-hero gamer should have GURPS Supers on their shelf, if only as a reference book.

What's Heroes Unlimited by Palladium Games?

Using a variant of the Palladium RPG system, which uses a form of class and level advancement, Heroes Unlimited was developed in 1984 by Kevin Siembieda as a modern day super-hero RPG. It was developed to be useable with all of the other Palladium system products. Heroes Unlimited was later adapted to licensed Palladium projects such as The Justice Machine Sourcebook and Erick Wujcik's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness.

What's Living Legends by Jeff Dee?

Published by Unigames, Living Legends is a revision of the classic Villains & Vigilantes game and is currently on it's 3rd Edition. It's available online and was originally written by Jeff Dee and Jack Herman in 1999. According to Jeff, "Living Legends is the sequel to Villains & Vigilantes. It features both point-based and random character generation, fast and exciting combat, and a world setting created with a true appreciation for and understanding of the superhero genre."

What's Marvel Superheroes Adventure Game (Marvel SAGA) by Wizards of the Coast?

Marvel SAGA is the second super-heroic RPG using the Marvel Comics Universe as it's setting, and features the Marvel Comics characters. It was originally published by TSR, who published the original Marvel Superheroes till 1994, but when they were absorbed by Wizards of the Coast (WOTC), Marvel SAGA transferred hands as well. The system used is known as SAGA, which was originally used as a replacement for the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition system in the Dragonlance setting. Rather than dice, SAGA has each player hold a hand of cards to use for his actions. Though a number of suppliments were published, this game is now out of print and WOTC and Marvel Comics have not renewed their expired contract.

What's Marvel Superheroes by TSR?

First printed by TSR in 1984, The Marvel Superheroes Role-Playing Game was a fairly basic super-heroic role-playing game set in the Marvel Universe. The rules were quite easy to use; words defining the power-level of abilities (from the meager "Feeble" to the inconceivable "Unearthly") and color-coded results attempted to simplify task resolution. The system went through two editions, with an Advanced version also available. The most sought-after resource from this game is it's "Ultimate Powers Sourcebook," a comprehensive compilation of powers and abilities ranging from the mundane to the exotic and beyond. A later version using the SAGA system was published in the late 1990's.

What's Silver Age Sentinels by Guardians of Order?

To be published in the summer of 2002, Silver Age Sentinels will use a variation on the Big Eyes, Small Mouth "Tri-Stat" System, allowing play from street vigilantes to spandex-clad heroes to galactic entities. A number of genres, including far-future Earth, high-fantasy, World War II, modern-day urban darkness, near-future fascist America, Gold Age pulp, Victorian steampunk, and many others will be supported.

What's Stuperpowers by Unstoppable Productions?

The first seriously, goofy, super-hero, role-playing game, Stuperpowers has players take the roles of themselves as super-heroes with powers like "Vacuum Butt" and "Urine of Invisibility (Target affected for one hour)." It's fun, amusing, and available in an online format. Stuperpowers Deluxe is also available.

What's Superworld by Chaosium?

Worlds of Wonder was Chaosium's "Basic Role-Playing" (BRP) system, currently revised and used in Call of Cthulhu. The Worlds of Wonder were originally published as a collection of game worlds including the Magicworld (later Runequest), Futureworld (a typical sci-fi setting), and Superworld, a super-powered setting with heroes and villains. Superworld was later expanded and published as a stand-along game, which included many revised rules.

What's Villains & Vigilantes by Fantasy Games Unlimited?

Villains & Vigilantes is the brainchild of Jeff Dee and Jack Herman. They released the industry-altering Revised Villains & Vigilantes game in 1982 and it has been a standard to which all other super-hero games are measured ever since. Contrary to popular belief, Villains & Vigilantes, one of the first super-hero role-playing games ever, is still in print. Even though FGU no longer advertises or attends conventions, V&V is still in print. A lot of distributors either no longer bother with it, or are simply unaware that they can still get it, which is why it's commonly believed to be out of print. V&V has been revised into Living Legends.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I don't know how playable the system was, but Godlike had some cool ideas for "real world" supers, interesting ways to balance power with drawbacks.

I remember one sample character who could become invisible, but only when his eyes were closed so he had to feel his way around. I remember another character could leap huge distances and land safely, but without much accuracy because he couldn't see where he was going to land when he took off.

DMAC on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Godlike's also the solution to the problem of which CoH you're talking about. It's both. :D

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KaunKaun Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i played a fair bit of champions,

i think the rule system is a little to complicated and it slows the game down some what aswell..

Nice world thou

Kaun on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm going to put in my vote for Silver Age Sentinels. The system is easy to learn, easy to teach new players and it is adaptable to just about any genre you want to mix in with your superhero game. I have run several games using the SAS system, and even if you don't want to use their setting, the game works nicely. I adapted the DCU to Silver Age Sentinels, mainly because the DCU RPG (the later one, not the WEG one) sucked so bad, the game was unplayable. But the conversion was easy enough, and for some of the characters, I think I made a better representation of them than the DCU RPG game did.

Just make sure you pick up the Tri-Stat version, not the D20 version.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    RazielRaziel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ever tried Savage Worlds' Necessary Evil campaign setting?

Extremely simple ruleset, a joy to run, and plenty of superpowers. You can easily modify the villain-based storyline to accommodate heroes.

Raziel on
    Read the mad blog-rantings of a manic hack writer here.

Thank you, Rubacava!
  • Options
    MukaikuboMukaikubo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've played three systems, GURPS, Mutants and Masterminds, and Truth and Justice (all mentioned in this thread). I can recommend any of them without hesitation; if you know GURPS well, using GURPS for supers works well. If you prefer more freeform games, Truth and Justice is an incredible low-rules system. Mutants and Masterminds is my personal favorite and should appeal to just about anybody.

Mukaikubo on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OptimusZed wrote:
    For the love of god, stay a way from Heroes (I think that's what it's called). Unless you enjoy using differential equations to throw punches....

You shut the hell up. I love the Hero system. I will freely admit that it's very complex and takes some getting used to, but it's really not that much worse than most other dice pool type systems. Unless you tweak every power you have with modifiers and shit. And, the actual playing doesn't take a while.* And it's still the most versatile system I've ever seen.**

*Making a character can take a good hour or so, but it's only once a campaign.

**I still haven't played in a game of GURPS yet, but I want to.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I won a free copy of Godlike from revolutionsf a while back.

I haven't read it yet, but it looks cool. WWII and super powers, two great games that play great together?

see317 on
  • Options
    ExcessiveKnifeExcessiveKnife Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Got a copy of Godlike on the cheap because the cover was borked. If you are looking to play it comic book style, stay away; the rules are designed for lethality, and take a dim view on proper "heroics"

The game comes with a full start to finish history of an alternate World War II, with the additional detail of marking the points on the timeline where they deviate from actual history, and birth-to-death info on some of the more famous supers (including ones that managed to live to a ripe old age). From this, they give two very mood-setting pieces of information.

1) If you play a "classic" hero, at best you will die like a legend, but more likely you will get slaughtered like a retarded steer. Grandstanding is basically a suicide play.
    2) The "top ace" super of the war was a Nazi who pretended to surrender, so he could get close enough to use his extremely short range insta-kill power. This ploy saw him through to the end of the war, when he used it on himself and Hitler's corpse when the Fuehrerbunker fell, rather than get grabbed by the Russians, who did things to captured supers that would make the janitor at Auschwitz puke.

So if you like your mood heavy and your gunshot wounds fatal, grab Godlike.

ExcessiveKnife on
    The mad beeper is on the loose!
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'd recommend Tri-StatDX as well. It's free, and basically SAS.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    learethleareth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My vote is for the Classic Marvel Super Heroes published by TSR.

The system is dead simple to use, combat is quick and fun.

Even better all the core rule books and most of the supplements are available as PDF online. (google Zan and Marvel.)

I'm currently running 4 newbies and 4 seasoned gamers through a X-men era game and everyone is able to participate equally and have a blast.

Re: Mutants and Masterminds - I own it, I like the system, but we keep playing marvel...

Re: Hereos... I haven;t played in ummm... 15 years? Wow I feel old.

leareth on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Powergame is a free system that seems to have died but is still available on this site http://www.uta.fi/~trmika/gameindex.html

I've not used it but it seems very simple and elegant to me. I can imagine it being open to some player abuse but if you have a good group that can use their imagination I think this would be perfect for those who want a simple system without endless equations for attacks and such.

Would like to hear anyone else's opinions on this as I've never heard of it actually being used.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dang. I saw you mention Powergame and thought "woah, someone's actually played with it!" but it seems you're in a similar situation to me. I have an "interweb friend" who's obsessed with the damn thing- he's the same person who introduced me to FUDGE and similar systems- but I've never tried it out myself.

And that sentence will sound terrible out of context.

Anyway. I've used The Window before for vaguely super-heroic games to great effect, but the simplicity and horrible pretention surrounding it tends to put a lot of people off.

So I'll put another vote in for Tri-StatDX. I've had brilliant experiences with that, especially when you factor in flaws to the effect that someone is ludicrously large...

If you can't get through the damn door, I don't care if you can bench-press that car! :lol:

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm still waiting for the CoH RPG to be released.

I got nothing.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nocren wrote:
    I'm still waiting for the CoH RPG to be released.

It isn't out yet? I thought I was released around the time of the CCG.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My understanding is that the rights went to a company notorious for being years late and we should probably never expect to see it.

Scooter on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I was looking forward to the CoH RPG too.

I really like super powered RPGs, and I the problem I see happening in a lot of campaigns I've played in is that most of us have played a lot of D&D, and a lot of the sense of accomplishment in that game comes from starting out weak, and then becoming more and more badass over time.

But in super powers games, you usually make your character using some sort of point-based system, and when you're done your hero pretty much has all the powers that he's going to get. Some of them may become somewhat more powerful over time, but basically he's the same at the beginning of the campaign as he is at the end.

I was hoping the CoH RPG would have addressed this issue. Alas, it is MIA. Is there any system that has the character growth enjoyment of a level-based mechanic, and the flexibility of a point-based character generation system?

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Edcrab wrote:
    Dang. I saw you mention Powergame and thought "woah, someone's actually played with it!" but it seems you're in a similar situation to me. I have an "interweb friend" who's obsessed with the damn thing- he's the same person who introduced me to FUDGE and similar systems- but I've never tried it out myself.

And that sentence will sound terrible out of context.

Anyway. I've used The Window before for vaguely super-heroic games to great effect, but the simplicity and horrible pretention surrounding it tends to put a lot of people off.

So I'll put another vote in for Tri-StatDX. I've had brilliant experiences with that, especially when you factor in flaws to the effect that someone is ludicrously large...

If you can't get through the damn door, I don't care if you can bench-press that car! :lol:
    Powergame Game On you say? I'd love that and the systems simple enough that people could learn it with very little effort/time involved beforehand. I'll put some thought into it... The system's quite flexible and I'd definitely enjoy a "super-normals" or low powered hero based campaign.

I really liked the idea of tri-stat. I love simple systems like that but the combat system just sounded a bit terrible to me, from what I remember of it. Again I'd love to give it a go.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    What, you think Tri-StatDX's combat is clunky and unintuitive just from reading source material?! Well...

...you're right actually, but believe me, you can eventually get around it :wink: It's probably the only weak link in the system in my view, but it's not as bad as you think.

And I'd definitely consider a Powergame Game On :D

Still reeling from my failed attempts to get a Window game started- but that system is notoriously bad for online play from my experience. Well... for first-timers, anyway...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I re-read Powergame today. Like many simple systems there seems to be the capability for the player to quite easily make a lethal combat monster by picking a few choice limitations and weaknesses here and there. This is definitely a system where I'd want to sit down with each player and create their character with them. Once you've got a team of suitable characters though the whole thing looks pretty solid. I enjoy systems that make mentions of lots of things being down to GM's discretion. It's nice to be able to point it out on a page to some players :wink:

You have any experience GMing Powergame, Ed?

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    'Fraid not. I've written up (well, helped write up) settings for use in lesser-known systems, but never GM'd for the likes of Powergame.

I'm a writer, not a lover! Or something.

*cracks knuckles*

Worth reading up on, though, unless one of the resident Arcadians has done it before and can save us floundering about...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'm having a bash at writing up a few things now. Mainly statting up some protagonists. Will see if anything falls into place.

Edit: Is it wrong that I want to write up a campaign where the players are a somewhat camp team of wholesome heroes with powered-armour suits ala Centurions? The suits' various capabilities could easily be represented by the superpowers in powergame.

Hmmm....

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    My understanding is that the rights went to a company notorious for being years late and we should probably never expect to see it.

Seems the big delay was the fact that they owed rent to fox for the Buffy/Angel license and that took a big chunk of thier cash.

Supposedly there was a big thing for the CoH RPG at Gencon. I hope this year it gets released. I'm looking over the quickplay rules and.... it doesn't seem as easy as I thought it would be.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg