As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Charlie Brooker

BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Social Entropy++
You may not have heard of Charlie Brooker. If not, let me educate you. Charlie Brooker is a journalist for the Guardian and also a TV presenter. However, he is not like the usual bellends that inhabit these Jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OJ17raqWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDoPvr3VT4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7mwTK564o&feature=related

I feel that more people should be aware of this man, before he decends into madness and ends up beating someone to death with a shovel.

BoredGamer on

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ok then

Weaver on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So he's like the Yahtzee of culture

that's pretty cool I guess

Scrumtrulescent on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    remember when he used to write for pczone

Prolegomena on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    too long; didn't watch?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh, great, another English fuckface that thinks he's the only person that's noticed the duplicity of modern media and thinks that by talking in one long continual sentence about it he is somehow being edgy and anti-status quo. I don't give a fuck, get off my youtube you boring bastard. But look, it's Gilles from Buffy when he used to do adverts for Nescafe! Now there's something worth noticing.

He also did The Invisibles recently for BBC and it was pretty rubbish. Go watch the old Nescafe adverts instead.

Oh, also, Will Smith does this only better. Not the scientologist will smith, the english fop will smith. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this Brooker twat was actually using discarded will smith material.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh, great, another English fuckface that thinks he's the only person that's noticed the duplicity of modern media and thinks that by talking in one long continual sentence about it he is somehow being edgy and anti-status quo. I don't give a fuck, get off my youtube you boring bastard. But look, it's Gilles from Buffy when he used to do adverts for Nescafe! Now there's something worth noticing.

He also did The Invisibles recently for BBC and it was pretty rubbish. Go watch the old Nescafe adverts instead.

Oh, also, Will Smith does this only better. Not the scientologist will smith, the english fop will smith. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this Brooker twat was actually using discarded will smith material.

hahahahahahaha

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

You mean the Will Smith that has just obviously copied Charlie Brooker?

Yeah, I know that guy.

BoredGamer on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    So he's like the Yahtzee of culture

that's pretty cool I guess

It's more like Yahztee is the Charlie Brooker of games.

Tube on
    edited June 2008

Yeah Charlie Brooker is totally copying Will Smith. He's so dedicated to doing so that he went back in time like 15 years before Will Smith was doing it just to lay down his cover. You're totally not just an ignorant idiot.

Tube on
  • BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Guessing your a fan then Tube?

You watch Screen-wipe on BBC4?

They need to release that shit on DVD.

BoredGamer on
    edited June 2008
    BoredGamer wrote: »

Yeah, I know that guy.

Will Smith was a writer for TV shows years before he started doing his own gigs. True story.

I have no idea who came first though, I don't really care either.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008

you edited it but didn't fix the post

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I HATE THOSE FLAT CAPS TOO

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    tea and crumpets, Harry Potter, hairs on a bobbin, wot?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "This video is unavailable"

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

It's allllll up on Youtube.

Everyone needs to know who Charlie Brooker is, because he is the best.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • FromAlpha2OmegaFromAlpha2Omega Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    they enjoy a load of dick and shoes

That sweet sixteen one made me want to vomit. Really? A LEXUS A DAY EARLY AND YOUR LIFE IS RUINED!? CANDY FOR BREAKFAST

FromAlpha2Omega on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2008
    I watch Screenwipe and have been reading Brooker since PC Zone. I find screen burn barely tolerable because a full two thirds of the year is dedicated to writing about big brother or x factor or one of the other dozen shows I wouldn't watch at gunpoint.

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    http://uk.youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=xthemusic

And Brooker was the best thing about PC Zone. I'd always try and resist jumping to his reviews or the back page, because it'd only be downhill from there.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Pwebz35Rc

WHY NOT GO TO THE BALLET INDEED

OH WILL SMITH

YOU ARE A CARD

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    Coincidentally enough, imdb lists both of their first writing jobs as being for the 11 o'clock show in 1998.

Oh man, Charlie co-wrote Brass Eye as well. Ok, he's not a dick.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    Wow, tube. that clip is barely watchable.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    HAHA

POSH PEOPLE ARE TREATED POORLY BY MEMBERS OF THE SERF POPULATION

MECHANICS INDEED

WILL SMITH HOWEVER DID YOU BECOME SUCH A WAG

Tube on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, tube. that clip is barely watchable.

I concur

Scrumtrulescent on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008

Yeah, I know that guy.

Will Smith was a writer for TV shows years before he started doing his own gigs. True story.

I have no idea who came first though, I don't really care either.
    yeah you don't care so much that you just called Brooker a hack that's copying Smith except now that it looks like you're wrong it's time to pretend you don't really care.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Well now i just feel like a dick.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    you're more of a moron than a dick really

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    welp, still not impressed by brooker. just less impressed with smith also now.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    This is the Charlie Brooker thread.

I think I might have to spend my evening watching Screenwipe, because I have no life.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2008
    You know, a moron in that you just sort of loudly spew shit all the time without any real regard for your lack of intellect, wit or general mental faculties.

Rather than a dick in that you're sort of mean, because to be mean requires some basic level of social aptitude rather than the spewing, frothing brain mess required to be a mere moron.

Or cretin, alternatively.

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    oh damn

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think Tube is saying he feels sorry for him and his partially-functioning brain

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

edited June 2008
    You know, a moron in that you just sort of loudly spew shit all the time without any real regard for your lack of intellect, wit or general mental faculties.

Rather than a dick in that you're sort of mean, because to be mean requires some basic level of social aptitude rather than the spewing, frothing brain mess required to be a mere moron.

Or cretin, alternatively.
    Well, at least I fit in. Thats the important thing.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    do you though

do you really

Tube on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so this one time i called my french teacher monsieur cretin

Prolegomena on
    edited June 2008
    http://www.arbitary.i12.com/sicknotes.html

I may just have to download those when I get home, and hope they have the best reply he ever wrote, about a guy called 'skids'.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2008
    do you though

do you really

No

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited June 2008
    the links are dead

Tube on
    edited June 2008
    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I watched the clips in the OP and the dude looked vaguely familiar for some reason, and then i saw the side for related video and saw his take on The Wire. Oh yeah, watched that a year or so ago. He's an alright dude.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!