As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

**PRE-PAX 2008 DINNER: THANKS AND AFTERMATH**

• ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You're only as young as you feel, BA!

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You're only as young as you feel, BA!

hey, nobody's relieving you, either!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And I'm not one for getting topless at parties. I leave that to the younger set. ;P

That is sad. Some people dig "more experienced" boobs though.

I am working on leveling up my boobs (pecs). I do all my grinding at the gym, 3 days a week.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    And I'm not one for getting topless at parties. I leave that to the younger set. ;P

I am working on leveling up my boobs (pecs). I do all my grinding at the gym, 3 days a week.

"Leveling up"! That's awesome! :) When I meet with my plastic surgeon, I'm going to tell him to level up my boobs! Hahaha! :lol:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There are more than enough corset pics of me on the internet, I feel my boobs have had enough fame and shall remain safely in their top for all parties before and henceforth.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »

"Leveling up"! That's awesome! :) When I meet with my plastic surgeon, I'm going to tell him to level up my boobs! Hahaha! :lol:
    mad exp! most of my muscle tone-age comes from drumming on rockband.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ginaingrginaingr Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    We registered and I was wondering if there was a dress code or can I wear my jeans?

ginaingr on

ginaingr.jpg

Visit our website http://videogameplayerz.net
    for all the news, press release and reviews on the latest games for Xbox 360, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PSP, Wii, DS, and the PC.
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, from what I've read, dyaballikl will be wearing a corset of some description with the opportunity of flashing his manly chest at us at some point!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited July 2008
    Well, from what I've read, dyaballikl will be wearing a corset of some description with the opportunity of flashing his manly chest at us at some point!

you'd like that, huh? ya know what, i just may!
    that is a great question though, i would also like to know about dresscode (i.e., is my dreamcast tshirt ok?)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited July 2008
    Aside from the old axiom of no shirt, no shoes, no service, it's pretty much anything within reason.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    does a corset count as a shirt? :D

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you're wearing it, yes!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    just wear a buttonup shirt over it just in case ;P then they cant complain!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited July 2008
    ginaingr wrote: »
    We registered and I was wondering if there was a dress code or can I wear my jeans?

Wear whatever makes you feel comfy - as long as it won't get you arrested (looking your way dyaballikl :winky:), we're cool!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This isn't 21+ is it?
    I'm 17 you see.
    I would love to go, but just thought I should ask 1st.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    No, this is just dinner. You don't need to be 21+ to eat, just need to be able to pre-register and you're good.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2008
    ah, excellent, thanks Moe. I'll register as soon as I have 30 bucks to spare.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
    edited July 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    No, this is just dinner. You don't need to be 21+ to eat, just need to be able to pre-register and you're good.

but it's ok if i get totally plastered and maybe untie my corset a little? :winky:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited July 2008
    AAAAnd I'm registered. I'll see everyone there!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

but it's ok if i get totally plastered and maybe untie my corset a little? :winky:
    I'll untie it for you. With my teeth.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited July 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

now now, HotSake, you do that after dinner.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

now now, HotSake, you do that after dinner.

Hey now, everyone appreciates a good floor show. Plus, this way Electric Turtle and Astayonix can lowball the food requirements, since some people are bound to lose their appetites. I'm trying to save them some money here!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
    edited July 2008

......yikes.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How's the registration going so far? I'm sure it will pick up soon but can you
    share any preliminary numbers with us? Or maybe just with your volunteer
    squad?

You should totally refer to us as a "Squad". Maybe the Helpy Helper Squad.

mentok1982 on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hopefully by next weekend I should be able to register finally!

Also, I second Mentok, are any preliminary numbers available?

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited July 2008
    I consider our current state a tad anemic. We only have about 40 people registered, whereas if an evenly-distributed number of people signed up each day between the open and close of registration (assuming 200) we should have more than 60 at this point. I know we should probably have an uneven distribution, but we're still worried.

Jessica and I are agreed that if things don't pick up, in a week we will start going to other community forums and pimping the event. People who are fans of Gas Powered Games are very likely to be interested with Chris Taylor there. It's not a choice we like making, because there are so many that have come to the dinner before that we would prefer to give priority to, but with the stakes being what they are, if we have to fill chairs with PAX n00bz instead of veterans, so be it.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    Either it is the ticket price or not many people realize that now is the time to register for the dinner.
    This is not like last year! We are doing more than making up a simple list of people's names.

$30 is not a lot people.

Sell like 3 or 4 games at GameStop.
    Mow like 3 lawns in your neighborhood for people that are lazier than you.
    "Borrow" $5 from 6 people, or $2 from 15 people.
    Wash some cars and get all sexy while doing so. They will probably tip you very well.

I like the idea of getting people from other forums or communities if we don't get enough people signed up
    just from these forums.

EDIT:
    I changed my signature to support the cause.

mentok1982 on
  • MonovitaeMonovitae Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Count me and a buddy of mine in, i just finished registering. Wasnt sure if i was going to be able to do pax at all this year cuz work wasn't going to let me off, so I just gave em two weeks notice so its all good now ;p. Heh i was going to quit anyway.. well kinda, oh well.

Monovitae on
    -Monovitae-
    Smoking Bear Fighting Squadron
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for the support mentok1982. I do think it is that some people think that they can buy a ticket at the door, but they cannot. It's actually cheaper to sell tickets online to avoid Seattle's ridiculously high 9.5% sales tax.

If people think that they can walk up and buy tickets the day of the event, they will be dissapointed when they're turned away. You can only register online.

We have to pay everything up front, so while things are a little slower than we would like, 21% of our goal isn't terrible, but if things don't pick up, like ElectricTurtle said, we'll go to other forums to see if they're interested in attending because we need to make sure we cover our costs. Besides, the more the merrier! :p I know that some people are waiting for paychecks and other sources of income, and that's understandable (especially in this economy!) that's why we wanted to get registration out as soon as possible so people could budget and build it into their short-term financial planning. We'll see how things shake out over the next 2 weeks to see how we need to proceed.

Thanks to those who've already bought tickets - there's a lot riding on this year, and we're going to make sure it's completely awesome! :)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    edited July 2008
    $30 is not a lot people.

Sell like 3 or 4 games at GameStop.
    Mow like 3 lawns in your neighborhood for people that are lazier than you.
    "Borrow" $5 from 6 people, or $2 from 15 people.
    Wash some cars and get all sexy while doing so. They will probably tip you very well.
    that's kind of unreasonable. it's easy to view this from your side, like why would anyone not want to pay that much, but try to view it from others' pov: $30 for dinner. i'm sure it'll be worth it, that's why i registered, i'm just saying i don't blame anyone who can't rationalize it (especially since dinner last year was a total dud at the time i was assigned).

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmm... is there anywhere that we could go to help spread the word? I'm up for helping to spread the knowledge around. Sadly, my only current point for that is my excruciatingly undervisited blog. =(

I can't remember if I brought this up before, but maybe Cardboard Tube would be willing to make this a cross-forum Announcement post? I mean, try to cast the net as wide as possible? People need to realize that this is happening, this is going to be pretty cool, and that we need them to register now as opposed to later. I only wish I could go. =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited July 2008
    In a week I'm going to seek to have the event mentioned in a PA news post, being that our overflow will go to Child's Play. Being mentioned in a PA news post may be all we need, those things have as much punch as a mention on Slashdot.

If by some freak of circumstance G&T think that $3k or so (assuming 100 over 200) for Child's Play isn't worth mentioning or that it fails to push us along to 200+, then I'll approach the Gas Powered Games communities (Dungeon Seige, Supreme Commander, etc.). This has to be done before the end of the month, in case people who aren't preregistered for PAX (especially locals) see the opportunity and want to get on board.

The whole concept is a little problematic, as we didn't want to fill seats this way and it might effectively push us to capacity in a short period of time, effectively ending registration prematurely. However, if we keep getting further and further behind projections like we are, it's just the only thing we can do.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    In a week I'm going to seek to have the event mentioned in a PA news post, being that our overflow will go to Child's Play. Being mentioned in a PA news post may be all we need, those things have as much punch as a mention on Slashdot.

If by some freak of circumstance G&T think that $3k or so (assuming 100 over 200) for Child's Play isn't worth mentioning or that it fails to push us along to 200+, then I'll approach the Gas Powered Games communities (Dungeon Seige, Supreme Commander, etc.). This has to be done before the end of the month, in case people who aren't preregistered for PAX (especially locals) see the opportunity and want to get on board.

The whole concept is a little problematic, as we didn't want to fill seats this way and it might effectively push us to capacity in a short period of time, effectively ending registration prematurely. However, if we keep getting further and further behind projections like we are, it's just the only thing we can do.

News post request in a week sounds like a great idea. Incoming rhyme:

I think Khoo would totally do that (ask Jerry and/or Mike) for you.

mentok1982 on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I registered for dinner finally. Gonna have to wait to find out if my gf can come before I buy her dinner ticket too, although I might just buy it anyway. I don't mind paying 60 bucks if it helps you guys out and/or goes to Child's Play.

tr0tsky on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When is the absolute last day to register.

With the CCST shirt, byoc, and buttons, I'm getting very fearful of my PAX savings being able to cover the hotel room, so I'm going to have to wait until the last minute to register, to make absolutely sure I can do it.

Unless someone wants to trust me enough to buy my pass and I'll give them the money at the dinner :p

PS: That was semi serious

JonnyNero on
    edited July 2008
    August 20th is the latest registration will be open.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Is there an absolute maximum capacity that would force you to close registration early (say if you opened the dinner up to other communities)?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2008
    I'd get nervous if it passes about 350 because it would mean we would have to rent extra chairs and tables from a different source. However the max I set at 500. The space can actually fit more, but I just don't want to run that, especially with limited volunteers.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    ...especially with limited volunteers.

Oh. I forgot to tell you that I am in fact... unlimited.

Not only do I Push it to the Limit (and beyond) every day, I am also without limits.
    I guess you could say that I possess unlimited potential.

mentok1982 on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    there we go...bought another ticket. Filled in her name and stuff for the ticket with tr0tsky's +1 as the forum name...wasn't sure if that info actually mattered.

tr0tsky on
This discussion has been closed.