As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's blow up America!

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Know how sometimes when you get drunk and sometimes the firework doesn't go off and because you're drunk, teenaged, stupid and trying to impress some random girl you pick up the firework and wave it around making jokes and then it suddenly goes off knocking you into the fire? Don't do that.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    Know how sometimes when you get drunk and sometimes the firework doesn't go off and because you're drunk, teenaged, stupid and trying to impress some random girl you pick up the firework and wave it around making jokes and then it suddenly goes off knocking you into the fire? Don't do that.

man that's really good advice i hope nobody here has done that

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    know what else isn't a good idea?

waiting until everyone at a party is good and drunk and the fire is getting low and nobody is really paying attention and then tossing an M80 into the coals without telling anybody

that's a good way to get your ass kicked

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Houk wrote: »

I would be annoyed if I found out anyone on here was that stupid.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    GUYS GUYS GUYS WAIT I'M THAT STUPID!

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    isn't the correct answer in that scenario to run the fuck away

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I just looked up what an m80 is.

Those are legal?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    not in any state I'm aware of

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So did you get a beating or did you just do one?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I didn't throw it in, but I was there when it happened and holy shit dude got his head beat in. Had it coming, too, a shitload of people had big holes burned in their clothes and one girl got a great big scar on her cheek from an ember nailing her upside the head.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    After talking to a couple local translators I found out I can get fireworks in Iraq, I am scared though to get some from them and set them off, I do not trust these guys enough. Then there is the whole situation of where would I set them off and not end up getting a courts-martial.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah somehow I don't see sneaking off to light off a bunch of fireworks in goddamn Iraq as being a wise move.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    depends on your idea of a decent amount

you'll likely get a box of mortars, a couple ground blooms, some bottle rockets and firecrackers and maybe some jumping jacks

you usually need about two bills to get any sort of real deal with them, in my experience. Team up with a couple friends.

You do have those, don't you?

Friends, I mean.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    yeah somehow I don't see sneaking off to light off a bunch of fireworks in goddamn Iraq as being a wise move.

I was going to light them off at one of the gun ranges. But I am about to go to a promotion board so I have to be extra good until 28 July.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Casper wrote: »

I was going to light them off at one of the gun ranges. But I am about to go to a promotion board so I have to be extra good until 28 July.

Can't you just fire off some tracer rounds?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    just sneak behind the tents and light off a big roll of firecrackers

what's the worst that could happen

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I accidentally launched a firework onto a dual carriageway last Halloween, luckily nothing bad came of it

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tracer rounds loose their appeal after a while.

I would love to light a string of black cats in the new arrivals tent area and watch them freak out.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    the indian reservation at moapa is so depressing

its basically a 4000 square foot convenience store

that is pretty sad.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    one time we drove out to this housing development where they had cleared a shitload of land and hadn't started building the houses yet. The only house around was this little one a ways off, and it didn't look like anyone was home. Perfect place, big gravel area, little pond in the middle.

We get out these big rockets, the ones that were supposed to have an M80 in the end that exploded in the air

stick it in the ground, light the fuse

FWWOOOOOOOOOOSH

shoots straight up, stutters, then shoots directly at the house.

Hits the big plate glass window, bounces off, lands in the flower bed and then BOOOOOOM

We stand there in shock, fireworks scattered all around us. This is the first fucking thing we lit off. Eyes as big as dinner plates, slack-jawed with no idea what to do next.

Lights turn on in the house. Then some more turn on.

We're in deeeeeeep shit.

We pack up everything and hop in the car and we're out of that fucking place before the owner could even get out the door to see what happened.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    man, we got reservations everywhere out here

my favorite guy to buy from is this crazy old indian guy, calls himself Chief No-Toes

you know you can always get good fireworks from a guy named Chief No-Toes

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Friend of mine did something similar, although the fireworks we have over here are relatively harmless to the ordnance you guys appear to be able to get.

He used to fire fireworks out of a pipe on his shoulder, pretending it was a bazooka or something and he fired one straight into someone's house.

I think that gave hiom the arson bug come to think of it because the next thing we knew he'd been expelled for firing a rocket type firework down a chimmney and into a design technology classroom that was full of people designing technology.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Houk wrote: »

your sig just informed me of the existence of this Brutal Legend game

looks like equal parts Metalocalypse "lol metal" crap and actual metal awesomeness

hrmnnn

at least they got Priest

and decapitations

reminds me of the metal PnP RPG i made except more NWOBHM and less NSBM

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    i am bad at playing with fire

like i'll poke fire with a stick I GUESS

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    July 1st, Canada Day, will be an interesting time. I live in a multicultural neighbourhood where fireworks are routinely lit in the field just outside the apartment complex. The first will make it a fire field.

Polago on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Man I don't think I can even get them on the reservation here
    Fuck you New York and your stupid fucking laws you suck

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    on canada day there is food at the park :)

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    then drive to PA, wiggin

stop being a fucking pussy and take matters into your own hands

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It looks like it would take me a full tank of gas just to get to PA from here
    Another tank to get back, plus whatever I spend at the place
    Too damn much man

Me Too! on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Too damn much man

might as well just complain impotently

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Man I just got fired
    I ain't got 90 bucks to fill my tank

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Too damn much man
    abloobloobloobloobloobloobloo

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm gonna see about organizing a trip to boomland

Is boomland a real place? Because it it isnt, Boomland, USA is officially my house. You fuckers are coming up here because I have the property to do this on. Chris and I will help you out with gas money this time if it makes things any easier on you guys.

Basically we are going to have a huge-ass bonfire and cook steak on it. We are also going to have many fireworks. I have not really bought any yet but we will see what happens.

First I am thinking we get a bunch of pvc pipes and strap them to our forearms and use those to fire off bottle rockets or something at targets. (Read: not my dogs or I swear to god I will cut you so bad. They are actually afraid of fireworks all the time but that just sucks, they are just going to have to hide in their kennel while the big boys play with fire)

Uh.. I need more ideas for shenanigans.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    why don't you

have rich parents

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif