As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Technical foul on the unspeakable Tzeentchan horror

2»

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    Now they just need to revive Gorkamorka and Man O war in videogame form.
    dude I have been wanting a gorkamorka video game for ten years

I seriously have a notebook full of design notes on how it would work

Did you ever play the demo for the Dreamcast game? It was alright, but not what it could have been. Curious about your ideas for it though.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008

Did you ever play the demo for the Dreamcast game? It was alright, but not what it could have been. Curious about your ideas for it though.
    oh man, that shit was awful. The race around a circle game? Man, fucking awful.

God, I should dig out that binder. It had all kinds of stuff. Like, all the character generation for your Nob was done using sliders, so you could either be sneaky or intimidating, but not both, or strong or quick but not both, but you could always be somewhere in between. And they had graphical respresentations for them.

And the game was entered around finding a place to build a fort, recruiting Boyz and collecting scrap in a turn-based overmap system with real-time combat in single-player, and at any time you could switch to real-time desert exploration of a square on the overmap. You could personalize your trukk or your trakk or whatever, and give it all sorts of options that effected the physics of it, and you could take it out for a spin jumping sand dunes and all kinds of shit. All the enemies are accounted for - freebootaz, other mobs, muties, raiders, the Gretchin Revolutionary Army, all that shit.

It could be so amazing.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

oh man, that shit was awful. The race around a circle game? Man, fucking awful.

God, I should dig out that binder. It had all kinds of stuff. Like, all the character generation for your Nob was done using sliders, so you could either be sneaky or intimidating, but not both, or strong or quick but not both, but you could always be somewhere in between. And they had graphical respresentations for them.

And the game was entered around finding a place to build a fort, recruiting Boyz and collecting scrap in a turn-based overmap system with real-time combat in single-player, and at any time you could switch to real-time desert exploration of a square on the overmap. You could personalize your trukk or your trakk or whatever, and give it all sorts of options that effected the physics of it, and you could take it out for a spin jumping sand dunes and all kinds of shit. All the enemies are accounted for - freebootaz, other mobs, muties, raiders, the Gretchin Revolutionary Army, all that shit.

It could be so amazing.

If you were sneaky would you just have a cardboard cut out of a bush to hide behnd?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    By my reckoning it'll be

Humans will be good all rounders
    Orcs (Orks?) will have insane offensive ability but lack any good defense.
    Dwarves, good in defense
    Lizardmen, Fast
    i think it's only spelled orks in 40 k

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    THAT'S IT

Now I have to go and buy one of these console thingies.

Which one can also play Bluray movies?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bloodbowl's pretty tight and i still have fumbbl installed because i'm a ~*GaY nErD*~

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    THAT'S IT

Now I have to go and buy one of these console thingies.

Which one can also play Bluray movies?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fallout wrote: »
    Blankspace wrote: »
    humanvsorcrf6.jpg
    posteryu0.jpg

somehow both of these matchups strike me as a little one-sided

I know, the Orks get to be Red? how the fuck is that fair.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    the red ones go faster

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will buy this.

I am also buying madden.

I will buy any football game. Except All-Pro. I could buy nfl 2k5 for 2 bucks, I don't need a prettier version of it with no license.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif