As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quick Co-op Questions (Xbox 360)

InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Games and Technology
Just a few quick questions.

Are both Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Stubbs the Zombie (both from the oxbox) worth getting over Xbox Live for the Xbox 360? It's important to note that my brother and I are looking at co-operative gameplay over single player gameplay. Are they good for co-operative play? It would be awesome if you guys have downloaded it and encountered major issues with the downloaded versions.

Thanks in advance, you guys are super awesome.

camo_sig2.png
Inzigna on

• HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I haven't downloaded either of them of live, so can't comment on backwards compatibility.

Just thought I'd let you know the coop campaign for Chaos Theory is separate from the main campaign, its a good laugh with a friend, but just in case you thought it was going to be long.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh.

Damn.

I was hoping you could play through the entire campaign with a friend.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I haven't played it on xbox, but Chaos Theory is a great single-player game and a kind of adequate co-op one. Very short, and easy to fuck up and have to start levels again. Definitely not worth buying the game just for the co-op, but the singleplayer is pretty awesome.

LaCabra on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd like to know the same thing about Stubbs the Zombie. I played the demo on the PC and loved it, but I'd prefer to get the console version for the co-op and want to know if anyone on here has encountered issues with the game due to 360 compatibility. I saw some people complaining on the gamefaqs messageboard, but you know....gamefaqs.

SteevL on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Earth Defense Force 2047.
    i hear only but incredible things about the co-op.

delphinus on
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    delphinus wrote: »
    Earth Defense Force 2017.
    i hear only but incredible things about the co-op.

fixed, and unfortunately EDF only has same console co-op, no online :( in my dreams there is a sequel with online co-op. still amazingly fun though

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'd like to know the same thing about Stubbs the Zombie. I played the demo on the PC and loved it, but I'd prefer to get the console version for the co-op and want to know if anyone on here has encountered issues with the game due to 360 compatibility. I saw some people complaining on the gamefaqs messageboard, but you know....gamefaqs.

I've played through about half of the downloadable version of Stubbs, and I haven't noticed any glaring technical issues whatsoever. Granted, I never played it on the original Xbox, but so far it has been a fun and enjoyable experience.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    brynstar wrote: »

I've played through about half of the downloadable version of Stubbs, and I haven't noticed any glaring technical issues whatsoever. Granted, I never played it on the original Xbox, but so far it has been a fun and enjoyable experience.

I would think if they put it as a pure download it shouldn't run into any problems because the whole thing is emulated.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I would think if they put it as a pure download it shouldn't run into any problems because the whole thing is emulated.

Plus it runs on the Halo tech, and the Halo games run fairly well in BC emulation on the 360.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I played through the whole thing on the disc version, and I can't think of any technical problems that came up at all. It was pretty perfect all the way through -- and an awesome game to boot.

The only thing is that it's kind of short, but I guess if it had been any longer, all the awesome would have drained out of it, aka Portal syndrome.

freakish light on
  • Shoegaze99Shoegaze99 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The co-op on Chaos Theory is pretty cool. Short "campaign," but quite fun.

Though the one time I tried to play it online with the 360, my friend and I had connection troubles. Dunno if that was an issue with the game or not.

Shoegaze99 on
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    XBLA is great for co-op too. N+ has phenomenal co-op, and it looks like the upcoming Schizoid will share that quality.

FreddyD on