As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shipping DVDs/CDs?

RhinoRhino TheRhinLOLRegistered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm shipping a lot of DVDs (with Plastic Case) and CDs (with Jewel cases).
I'll be shipping out hundreds (if not thousands) of these, 1 at a time to a bunch of different addresses and want to reduce my shipping costs as much as possible.

I live in the lower 48 states and will be mailing to people in lower 48 states.

From what I can tell, my cheapest option is to:
Buy a bunch of bubble envelopes in bulk from 3rd party source
Ship them via Standard mail (first class?).

Media mail seems more expensive on anything under 13 ounces?

93mb4.jpg
Rhino on

• Options
    locopostallocopostal Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    media mail is also much, much slower..also keep in mind, your envelopes will be in with boxes full of books and things like that, and are a lot more likely to get crushed. generally I wouldn't recommend it :)
    on that note, I would recommend a corrugated cd mailer, because any pressure on the wrong part of your package is going to crack a jewel case and possibly the cd, no matter how much bubble wrap you have in an envelope. Something like this generally works a lot better, and shouldn't bump your weight too much. DVD cases are generally a bit sturdier, though, and should be able to get away with a padded envelope for those with no problem.

locopostal on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What I like to do is buy a bunch of Bubble Wrap in bulk as well as brown envelopes (big enough for at least two DVDs to fit in).

I can't help you with shipping because I get a major discount because I ship through my company (Coca-Cola). But with the actual package, check around local retailers (OfficeMax, Wal-Mart, etc) and see who has the best deals on envelopes, tape, and shipping supplies.

Actually, in some cases, places you take your packages to will often provide some tape if you ask nicely, just as long as you don't over do it (say, leave 20 packages untaped).

tardcore on