As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wacom Question:

ZephonateZephonate Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Artist's Corner
I didn't know whether it'd be more appropriate to post this here or in the Stupid Technology forum. If I was wrong in my judgment, feel free to move the topic.

I have a Wacom Graphire CTE-440. I used to use it with my old computer, and it worked perfectly. I recently acquired a 17-inch MacBook Pro, and the tablet is performing less than satisfactory. I don't know if it has to do with the bigger screen (which is my theory), or if some sort of setting is off. All I know is the tablet feels just as responsive as always, but I find myself accidentally running the stylus off the tablet when doing a line, which never happened with my older, smaller monitor (basically meaning I need to take much longer strokes now to make the sized lines I want).

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone, or am I psychotic?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli's eyes. And what he saw was...himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."
--John Ajvide Lindqvist, Let the Right One In (Page 446).
Zephonate on

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You might have tried posting this in the Questions and Discussion thread. New threads are only for art.

Tam on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sounds like a scaling issue; I'm not familiar with tablets, but it stands to reason there is an option in the software somewhere for calibrating it.

1ddqd on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just reduce the tablet's active area in the Wacom options. I have an A4 sized tablet but have reduced the area anyway, as I find it easier to work that way.

Grenn on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    9 ) No New Threads About Graphic Tablets
    If you need to know anything about graphic tablets or WACOMS, ask in the Questions/Discussion thread.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.