As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FINAL BYOC INFO! ALL BYOC ATTENDEES PLEASE READ!

• Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    ...First Years shouldn't be discouraged...

Can't. Keep. Self. From. Referencing. Harry. Potter.

BAH. Too late!

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    (which if PAX trends continue should be oh...30000 people?

You mean 50,000, right? :D

If you like LANs, do BYOC. First Years shouldn't be discouraged from getting the FULL PAX experience just because there's so much to do. Even without doing BYOC you won't have time to see everything. It's a good place to chill out so you don't get overwhelmed by the rest of the convention.

the only real downside i can think of right now is that unless you have someone holding your spot in line, you can't get to the front of the line on day 1, because you have to wait until byoc opens, set up, then go get in line. unless you set up late, of course. but again, that's not much of a downside, so hurry up and open byoc registration!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

If you like LANs, do BYOC. First Years shouldn't be discouraged from getting the FULL PAX experience just because there's so much to do. Even without doing BYOC you won't have time to see everything. It's a good place to chill out so you don't get overwhelmed by the rest of the convention.

the only real downside i can think of right now is that unless you have someone holding your spot in line, you can't get to the front of the line on day 1, because you have to wait until byoc opens, set up, then go get in line. unless you set up late, of course. but again, that's not much of a downside, so hurry up and open byoc registration!

BYOC has its seperate line. this year YOU GUYS WILL BE LET IN AT LEAST AN HOUR EARLY TO SETUP YOUR STUFF. Or else heads will roll *glares at dave*. Gotta stay in byoc though until pax opening, youd get a head start on expo over the general pax line.

Also anything that the main line gets (concert wristbands, swag, etc) ill have availabe for the BYOC line.

or... you could just show up later I suppose if you dont want to miss out on the main pax line craziness.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's looking more and more like I'm just going to call in sick that Friday, seeing as we get in early...

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I always take PAX Friday off. Granted it's been easy as half the time I go to PAX I'm coincidentally unemployed.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited June 2008
    Being that I work for an IT company, they actually have a clause in the sick day policies claiming that nobody should be taking such days when there's an "event" in town (which leads me to suspect they've suffered mass exodus during previous PAXes).

Suffice to say, I'm going to have to hoarse up my voice on the phone real good-like.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited June 2008
    Being that I work for an IT company, they actually have a clause in the sick day policies claiming that nobody should be taking such days when there's an "event" in town (which leads me to suspect they've suffered mass exodus during previous PAXes).

Suffice to say, I'm going to have to hoarse up my voice on the phone real good-like.

Why can't you just ask for it in advance? Not an advance sick day, of course...

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
    edited June 2008

Why can't you just ask for it in advance? Not an advance sick day, of course...

I'm already using the bulk (if not all) of my paid time off for a trip to the home country (Nobody You Know Lives There).

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited June 2008
    ask for unpaid time off? Thats what I do for PAX because i technally dont get vacation time.

The boss just lets me mark down extra hours other weeks to make up for it.

BigRed on
    edited June 2008
    We'll see. I'll at least be there for sign in / setup on Friday, if not the whole day.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

BYOC has its seperate line. this year YOU GUYS WILL BE LET IN AT LEAST AN HOUR EARLY TO SETUP YOUR STUFF. Or else heads will roll *glares at dave*. Gotta stay in byoc though until pax opening, youd get a head start on expo over the general pax line.

Also anything that the main line gets (concert wristbands, swag, etc) ill have availabe for the BYOC line.

or... you could just show up later I suppose if you dont want to miss out on the main pax line craziness.

super awesome fun time! btw, just past 10 months with my company, so i start accruing vacation time, so i should have plenty to take off friday and hangover monday!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited June 2008
    super awesome fun time! btw, just past 10 months with my company, so i start accruing vacation time, so i should have plenty to take off friday and hangover monday!

10 months? What kind of crap company makes you wait that long before accrual?

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Also hangover monday is also Labor Day. You shouldn't be working then anyway.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2008

Indeed. I started stacking up paid time off the first 30 days.
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

You aren't off if you work in a call center of the tech support variety.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
    edited June 2008

or if you work in the kind of crap company the makes you wait that long before accrual :P
    btw, it's a fitness equipment delivery company.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Sleepy OneSleepy One Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's looking more and more like I'm just going to call in sick that Friday, seeing as we get in early...

Buddy, I'm flying in on THURSDAY to make sure I can get set up at BYOC and have a chance to get a good seat for the keynote. That's a mistake I made last year, I missed the keynote, and I won't make that mistake this year.

Sleepy One on
    edited June 2008
    Sleepy One wrote: »

Buddy, I'm flying in on THURSDAY to make sure I can get set up at BYOC and have a chance to get a good seat for the keynote. That's a mistake I made last year, I missed the keynote, and I won't make that mistake this year.

If you're coming in on Thursday you should consider coming to the Dinner.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited June 2008
    Sleepy One wrote: »

If you're coming in on Thursday you should consider coming to the Dinner.

Keep your silly advertising out of my BYOC thread :P

BigRed on
  • HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And don't forget to have you pets spayed or neutered!

Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    Thanks Dick Goddard, local weatherman!

:^:

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I thought that was Bob Barker...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited June 2008

I might work Labor day, but I know for a fact that none of the users I support will be working that day.

Which means it'll be 360-on-a-company-projector day.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited June 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    It's dick goddard too.

It can be two guys

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• FinnbarrFinnbarr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So any word on when the BYOC signups will be up? The original post in this thread says Juneish and June is almost over. D:

Finnbarr on
    ~Finnbarr
    Statement: Just a simple droid, here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    -ish. Give or take a couple months, you know.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited June 2008
    It's looking like early next week. So if we hit Monday, that'll still be June. ;)

David Coffman on
  • FinnbarrFinnbarr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    It's looking like early next week. So if we hit Monday, that'll still be June. ;)

Excellent.

Finnbarr on
    ~Finnbarr
    Statement: Just a simple droid, here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
    edited June 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    It's dick goddard too.

It can be two guys

No it can't. Balsa touching.

I'm comming in on thursday as well but I don't think I will make it to the dinner.
    Are the BYOC tickets going to be thtough Brown Paper as well? How's this gonna work?

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
    edited June 2008
    Yea, they'll be through Brown Paper tickets. There should also be an email notification, and I'm sure it'll be announced here as well. You'll need to log in from the account you used to buy your original pax pass, and you should be able to add byoc to that order.

That is my current understanding, anyway.

David Coffman on
    edited June 2008
    grrr, question i fear the answer to: if i accidentally didn't check "yes" to the "do you want to be notified when byoc sales go up?" question, does that mean i can't register for byoc?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited June 2008
    No, it just means you won't get the notification email. It will also be announced here.

David Coffman on
    edited June 2008
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    No, it just means you won't get the notification email. It will also be announced here.
    you're a saint, dave, a fucking saint!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is BYOC in the same spot this year or is the main theater taking up the space instead?

GeeCee on
    edited June 2008
    GeeCee wrote: »
    Is BYOC in the same spot this year or is the main theater taking up the space instead?

Same spot, exact same layout as last year :P I think PC room is the only part of PAX this year that isnt changing much

BigRed on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    GeeCee wrote: »

Same spot, exact same layout as last year :P I think PC room is the only part of PAX this year that isnt changing much

Well then were is the main theater going to be since the EXPO hall took it over?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited June 2008
    Probably that other room that was just used for the line last year. That was big enough to be main theater.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2008
    Probably that other room that was just used for the line last year. That was big enough to be main theater.
    i was in there a few weeks back and they actually carpeted it! hurray!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited June 2008

They carpet it for certian shows.
    Were you at a microsoft show? because they usually pay for carpeting

BigRed on
    edited June 2008

They carpet it for certian shows.
    Were you at a microsoft show? because they usually pay for carpeting

nah, i was bringing in equipment for a trade show.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hmmmm..... Gettin' a tad late isn't it? Are we looking at another week? two? tomorrow?

Ty1012 on
This discussion has been closed.