As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A question for you all

123457»

• Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    At Camp Fife Dan and I got wind that we were hosting some other troops at our campsite for a big marshmallow roast and story telling with this crazy old dude who lived at the camp and had all kinds of rad stories about living in the woods like a frontiersman.

We decided that Troop 528 was going to have the biggest, most bad-assed fire in the history of the Columbia Council (or whatever our regional code was). We were from Toppenish, a small-ass rural town near Yakima, and by God we were going to impress those concrete-camping city kids from Seattle.

We amass our materials four hours beforehand and with hatchets and knives we proceed to craft our firewood, working it as the potter does his clay. Logs were split to precise measurements. Cross-beams were split (but not separated) to facilitate burning. Between two large pieces of wood, long as the fire pit was wide, we assembled a tiny mound of needles and things. Over this went our twigs, and ceder splittings, ect ect, layer upon layer, with a tunnel running straight to the heart.

The moment of truth comes. The other campers are arriving, crowding around the firepit. The order is given.

I produce a 9 inch "fireplace match" and strike it. Some of those city kids were impressed, having never seen a match as big or as long as that in their life. Under Dan's guidance I slowly insert the flame into the heart of the fire and touch the center. We both step back, pull our red military-issue berets out from under our lapels, and put them on our heads before crossing our arms and looking (for all the world) like complete badasses.

The fire grows slowly, and then roars into life.

A pillar of fire 8 feet tall knifes at the starlit sky. Kids are pushing benches back three... four... ten feet back from the blaze.

Two hours later it was still, more or less, too hot to roast any marshmallows.

After the Seattle kids left we got a rather stern talking-to from the adults.

But Dan and I didn't care, because we were Artists and these people clearly did not understand. Besides, the lecture couldn't last too long - the adults had to go to sleep.

And Dan had a half can of WD-40 left in his pack.

You know what is not flammable, Pam potato spray, that shit wont light on fire at all.

I enjoyed your story, although I have nothing else to add, so I will just say thanks.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of how much Eastern Washington sucks: when I went out to the Gorge for Rush it was blowing like the heavens had come loose and were just flying about all over the fucking place. The wind consistently blew for like nine fucking hours and super hard. My hair still hasn't forgiven me.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah it was unseasonably windy almost all of the spring.

Which also made it unseasonably cold and wet.

The cherry harvest suffered from overwatering D:

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rush was awesome, though. Geddy Lee made a bunch of pithy comments about how windy it was. Fuckin' awesome.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man the only thing I remember about cub scouts is when I fell over on a hike, stopped myself on the ground with my hands, and a pointy, upturned stick drove itself three inches into my wrist.

I only remember because I have a scar.

#pipe on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Ani_B wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Alanis is washed up now that she's past her teen angst

Dru, hi!

Also, hi.
    hello dear!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    LawlzorLawlzor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I produce a 9 inch, Some of those city kids were impressed, having never seen a match as big or as long as that in their life.

Lawlzor on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Ardon and Pardon went to the garden. Ardon died; who was left?

Killjoy on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2008
    Killjoy wrote: »

is this like the british version or something

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    LawlzorLawlzor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Pete was stll alive on the boat right?

Lawlzor on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg