As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

By the power of Greyskull- Thundercats Hoooooooo!! Finished

CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Artist's Corner
I Drawz da Fan artz lololol1010!!1010!!!

retrowip1xv2.jpg

and a update already?? wow, it's like I have been working on this for a few hours already!!

retrowip2qp4.jpg

CyberMonkeytron3000 on

• Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fucking.

Awesome.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can't wait to see it finished :)

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    primedapeprimedape Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I really like that pic and can't wait to see it, when its done.

Two things i noticed about the sword fighting cats:

The left Leg of the right cat seems odd. Too much thigh and no visible lower leg (excuse my english ;) i hope u understand what e mean)

The left cat's thigh is split. That doesnt seem to be right. Imho this should only be one single muscle...

Thats about it.

Ape

primedape on
    Germany - done raiding since 1945!
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    oh. my. sweet. cheesus.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thanks guys :)

I see what you mean about the thighs, ape- i'll give that a tweak as I go along

retrowip3cs2.jpg

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You magnificent bastard.
    did you see the doodle thread?

Tam on
  • Options
    primedapeprimedape Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When its done, will you post a link to a Kingsize Version of it?

I could very well imagine this as a framed poster in my living room ;)

primedape on
    Germany - done raiding since 1945!
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    By the power of Hoooooooo.... indeed. This is awesome CM.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    Man At Arms is fuckin' ballin

man, I could not approve more of the subject matter or of the artist pulling this off

I can't wait to watch it unfold

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    man this is so awesome! great action and lighting! :D

sharky t on
  • Options
    The LittleMan In The BoatThe LittleMan In The Boat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think Liono (Whatever the fuck his name is) should be looking his foe in the face and not at his toes. That can be debated or whatever, but whenever I see two people clashing in comics or movies then usually not only lock weapons but gazes as well. I think the piece is awesome though. Good stuff.

The LittleMan In The Boat on
    yerf.jpg
    I don't suffer from Insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I totally dig this comic book style colouring job, I wish I could do stuff like this.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    where is the purple light from below coming from?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think your colors are your strongest asset. That's not to say that your linework isn't great, it's just that it reaches a whole 'nother level when the colors are laid down.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Creambun 007Creambun 007 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    where is the purple light from below coming from?

It's from the awesome. They're dripping in it, and it ran down onto the floor.

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fuck yes!!!

I agree with The LittleMan In The Boat. Liono looks like he was in the middle of an epic charge and then saw something shiny on the ground that drew his attention.

Maybe that's what you were going for...

In such case, ignore said statement...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When I grow up I want to be just like Cyber.

Man, I'm really behind the times. When did Skull Mountain turn into Anubis Mountain? and where the fuck is skeletor.....?
    At least Castle Grey Skull and He-Man still look the same.......I hate getting old.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tam- Your not so bad yourself big boy
    Oh, I saw it alright. Keep it up and you might just get your 'o' :P

Primedape- can do :)

Prospicience- Thanks brother

Rankenphile- <3<3<3

sharky t- Thanks man, I still struggle with all that stuff, but I do try and push myself a little bit more each picture

The LittleMan In The Boat- Agreed. It's not the first time I have had that problem with a picture. I gave it a fix though, and I think it's much better. I find it hard to make my characters seem to interact with each other. I was a bit stupid with this piece when I drew it. I wasn't sure what I really wanted it to look like, so I drew all the different elements on different bits of paper and combined them in photoshop. Not the best way to really do it.

desperaterobots- thanks bots. The actual colouring itself is pretty straight forward. Just using the eyedropper tool and a low opacity and flow brush. It's finding the right colours to use is the tricky bit I find. I did a tut ages ago when I first started colouring like this. I may see if I can dig it up :)

Godfather- Thanks dude. Yeah, I feel like my colouring has definitely developed further over the last few years more than my line work. I actually find myself rushing it sometimes, just so I can get it into the computer.

Creambun 007- EXACTLY!! :)

DeeLock- lol, as awesome as that would make the picture.... it wasn't really my intention. Close up, it looked better because you could see his eyes looking up as his head was down, but this small, and the extra lighting i put in his eye, it came out all wrong. Hopefully the fix has made it a little better :)

Mustang- You better just be pretending you don't know who the Thundercats are, OR I WILL CUT YOU
    I still love you though

Ok- I'm about to call this one done. If you have any last minute issues I can maybe do some fixes :)

retrowip5fn7.jpg

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    ACsemperfiACsemperfi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Totally freakin awsome

ACsemperfi on
    If you wait til the last minute to do something, it only takes a minute to do.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My only real crit is that the lightning looks a little flat. A simple glow effect might work.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    holy freaking crap that's awesome

although god damn that's either one big-ass Sorceress or one really tiny Castle Greyskull

and yeah, the lightning does look a little flat, but that's just a minor detail. Fucking awesome, man.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    holy freaking crap that's awesome

although god damn that's either one big-ass Sorceress or one really tiny Castle Greyskull

and yeah, the lightning does look a little flat, but that's just a minor detail. Fucking awesome, man.

Really big sorceress, I think - I mean Jaga is a big spirit-y thing, and she seems to be on the same scale.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    seriously

check out how badass Man at Arms is right there

motherfucker is straight ballin

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    fucking nice, Cyber. I was kinda hoping you'd leave the guys in the background a little less rendered, and even now I wish theres was alittle bit more depth clues. Other than that I like it alot.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My only beef is with the lightning, but as you can see, I've been beat'd like a red headed step child.

EDIT: Wait, I just found something else I don't like.. it's a shame I didn't see these until now, since, like Goatse, once I've seen them, I can not UNSEE them. A few tangents (pretty bad ones too)

Liono's foot meeting with the blue guys elbow, and liono's elbow meeting with He-mans hip.

Other tangents, although not as glaring, are the blue guys weapon handle resting on the edge of the thundercat mountain, the other handle sweeping right into liono's bent leg, and the guy with the guns, his guns resting right below the mountains in the background and castle greyskull melding directly into his helmet and neck.

I hope you have these elements all on separate layers, so you can readjust them accordingly.

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah- the Sorceress is meant to be made up of the same ghostly, spirit energy of Jaga.

Fixed some of the tangents- some end up being the lesser of two evils, so some may have too stay :) I also added some more effects to the lightning.

You always make me do more on these things than I feel like doing- and for that I thank you all

retrofinalqs9.jpg

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Much better! It looks.. just. BONERIFIC! Would you happen to have a high res version for those of us who want to have the most biotchin' background pic ever?

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.