As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blizzard WWI] Diablo III Officially Announced

1565758596062»

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am going to go ahead and say that I will eat my dick if Diablo 3 costs money to play online in any western territory.

We're not talking about Flagship studios here. Blizzard isn't stupid and they don't need the money that badly to assassinate their own game.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait what was the bug that caused the items to go everywhere?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Oh god, I think it was something to do with intentionally dropping a bunch of other shit on your corpse, so you'd try to pick it all up, fail to do so and then when killed again 'explode'... I can't recall the exact details of it, but I don't believe it ever happened to me. I saw it happen to a guy, and snagged a bunch of his gear before anyone else could pilfer it (and gave it right back to him), but there was a ton of bitching about it on the forums at the time.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Oh god, I think it was something to do with intentionally dropping a bunch of other shit on your corpse, so you'd try to pick it all up, fail to do so and then when killed again 'explode'... I can't recall the exact details of it, but I don't believe it ever happened to me. I saw it happen to a guy, and snagged a bunch of his gear before anyone else could pilfer it (and gave it right back to him), but there was a ton of bitching about it on the forums at the time.

Huh.

That just made me realise that playing this game online is gonna involve battlenet kiddies that do shit like this.

I doubt I'll have the ping to play on penny arcade password protected servers.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have full faith that Blizzard will do everything they can to prevent griefing.

Sadly, I have greater faith in the douchebaggery of various online gamers, doubly so for those who frequent anonymous battle.net games.

Forar on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You can always hope most of the massive twats are too obsessed with whatever wow expansion is out at the time to spend much time in D3.

I'm guessing we'll see, or damn near, another expansion past WotLK before we see D3.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    interceptintercept Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I hope they never put charms in the game.

Charm spam for D2 just ruined the PvP.

intercept on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Forget Warhammer, this is way cooler and free....oh and has a 2010 release date.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Charms were both great and UGHHHHHHHH my inventory is all filled up argh argh.

I'd prefer it if they didn't make a return, or you got a massively increased inventory or a seperate "charm" inventory that is the only place charms can go. Putting them in the normal inventory is just...blerg.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    BoylingBoyling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Forget Warhammer, this is way cooler and free....oh and has a 2010 release date.

That's not official

Boyling on
    Boyling.gif
  • Options
    dr0neboydr0neboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Boyling wrote: »

That's not official

Why? You really think it will be any sooner?

dr0neboy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BoylingBoyling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dr0neboy wrote: »

That's not official

No, I was thinking it could be later.. they're not even announcing any estimates themselves in their official FAQ

Boyling on
    Boyling.gif
  • Options
    dr0neboydr0neboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dr0neboy wrote: »

That's not official

No, I was thinking it could be later.. they're not even announcing any estimates themselves in their official FAQ

I see. In that case let us all hope your thinking was wrong :P

dr0neboy on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    at least we should get SC2 in the meantime. that should keep me busy untill D3 hits.

i hope.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I agree that like all Blizzard products, this will be massively subject to change, but unless we here horrific things otherwise, I think a "WLK 08, SC2 09, D3 2010" guesstimate seems reasonable. Y'know, go for the "Hat Trick" of Games of the Year.

Of course, you could easily shift those to 09, 10, 11, depending on when they get around to actually realeasing the next WoW expansion. With only 6 months left in the year and no news of a proper beta starting yet, the outlook is somewhat grim.

Forar on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't see them releasing it in 2011. That would just seem ridiculous to me given how unbelievably dated the graphics will be by then, it'll be worse than how dated D2 was when it came out.

Urian on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Considering i wasn't the biggest fan of Diablo 2, I'm ridiculously hyped Diablo 3. Well i was a fan of the original, i always loved playing it with friends, but i was never too bothered about playing solo.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Anyone going to make a new thread? this one is uhh....well...about to explode ... oh and i say D3 - 2010

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Starcraft 2 Summer 09 Diablo 3 Christmas 09 sounds absolutely amazing but SC2 is more likely for Christmas 09 while Diablo summer or christmas 10.

Urian on
  • Options
    ArayaAraya Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i think its entirely possible that diablo3 would be completed before starcraft 2, it looks pretty well developed but they are hiring for D3 openly right now whereas they arent anymore for starcraft 2....i see xmas 08 for sc2 and summer/xmas 09 for diablo3

Araya on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I wouldn't even bother trying to guess a release date. Doesn't Blizzard have a "It's finished, when it's finished" policy?

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
This discussion has been closed.