As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How to store GBA games

2»

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I probably have 5-6 more since that picture was taken, but they are not pictured or still sealed.

You lucky money-having bastard. I bet you can beat them all with a blindfold on too, huh?!

yalborap on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i miss the old GameBoy hard plastic covers. why dont they bring those back? they have SD card holders. just make some to fit DS games.

I got some 3rd party individual DS game cases from Play Asia a while back. Doing a search though, it seems they're out of stock.

DarkPrimus on
  • MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    For my DS and GBA games, I store my boxes on a shelf, and the actual games in a takeaway container.

That way, the boxes don't get messed up by being opened all the time, and I can grab all my games and take them with me easily when I'm travelling.

I've got a smaller case that holds three GBA and three DS games for regular use and commuting. The games in that get rotated with the ones in the takeaway container depending on what I'm playing at the time.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited January 2007
    Nature's pocket does the job nicely.

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000
  • StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My solution is baseball card binder pages.

GBA3.jpg

For display purposes they are outside of the binder, but the binder it self is only a 1 inch binder... Its 18 games per page, so it can hold quite abit. I acually have more GBA games now then pictured. The ones aren;t in pages are from another GBA game holder, which is a binder with ziplock pages.

I do still have the boxes, they are on a shelf.

StriderEdge on
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yalborap wrote:
    GBAgames.jpg
    This is how I store my GBA games.

Holy shit you have MOTHER 3!

I need a bigger budget.

Fixed.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why hasn't anyone posted the DS cases with the GBA insert sleeves? These threads usually don't make it past the first page when someone brings this up. I can't find the link or I'd do it myself.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why hasn't anyone posted the DS cases with the GBA insert sleeves? These threads usually don't make it past the first page when someone brings this up. I can't find the link or I'd do it myself.

It was www.snackbar-games.com but now the link to their game covers links to http://www.thecoverproject.net/

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
    edited January 2007
    Nature's pocket does the job nicely.

I thought I was the only one who liked that episode! hi5

DarkPrimus on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This thread reminds me that I have to buy more GameBoy games. Forever.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I keep mine in DS cases with printouts from the previous linked insert site. I keep the boxes too, but they are not convenient (or protective) for storing the games.

For travel I use the plastic 3-game container for just the carts.

I'd provide a picture, but my shelves are not organized or clean in any way, and would only disappoint. I have almost 40 GBA games.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Then again, I only HAVE 4 GBA games at the moment, 2 of which I don't even play.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Sky DemonSky Demon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    At first I started using individual cases made by Intec. Then I started using individual cases made by MadCatz when I couldn't find the ones made by Intec. And now I use 3-pack cases found in Best Buy. And I store all of them in a black plastic bag. And I've never lost a GB game in the last 16+ years using this method.

Sky Demon on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2007
    GBADS.jpg

This lacks a few games that my GF has, particularly Super Princess Peach and Touch Detective.

Also, the cases that require modding, such as Drill Dozer and WW: Twisted have not yet been modded, so they do not contain the games.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    back when the original fat GameBoy was around, Nintendo released a Play It Loud series, which was the same GameBoy, only with (i think) five different coloured cases, like the N64 controllers. The GameBoy came in a hard plastic case that had room for the unit itself and five games. I keep all of my GBA games in the space where the GameBoy goes (as I sold it long ago, but kept the case). I have five of the old GB games in the slots designed for them, and my GBA games just slide around in the bigger part.

elevature on
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Here's mine:

gbcollection.jpg

I'd like to eventually get the hard cases from Nintendo when I get the cash, but for now, these work. Only games that aren't shown are the ones I've gotten from other people or off of eBay and that amount is substantial too. Have boxes for Minish Cap and FF IV which aren't shown. And of course all 15 or so of my DS games aren't in the pic.

Geod on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Outdated photo as I have a lot more DS games now, but, this is how I store GB/GBC/GBA games:

gba_ds.jpg?t=1168208742

slash000 on
  • CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's like all of you guys play at home or something.

These are some seriously old pictures but...
    nintendo_ds_gba_sp_gbasp_case_sp_pocket.jpg
    nintendo_ds_gba_sp_gbasp_case_gba_games.jpg
    nintendo_ds_gba_sp_gbasp_case_contents.jpg
    gba_case.jpg

I've pruned out a lot of the GBA games to make room for the DS games. It now has two DS lites and two GBmicros. The GBmicros fit into GBmicro pouches that I wedged into the mesh side pockets. I sometimes strap the Indigo GBASP to the front in that little case and the PSP Playgear Street to the two metal clips. I made paper slips that each hold three of the GBA cases (nine games) and one slip of identical dimentions that holds a ton of the thin DS three-card holders (very similar to the GBA type). It's still not enough for anywhere near all the DS games, so I leave the others in the upside-down zippered pouch on the front flap (risky... I've found it un-zipped and dumping cards out as I walked off). The Classic NES Edition GBA SP was taken by a fired coworker almost two years ago, but the Famicom GBmicro is almost as nice.

CZroe on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just have a little soft DS case that holds a system, ds and gba games.

projectmayhem on
    edited January 2007
    http://nailbunny.net/files/GBADS.jpg

This lacks a few games that my GF has, particularly Super Princess Peach and Touch Detective.

Also, the cases that require modding, such as Drill Dozer and WW: Twisted have not yet been modded, so they do not contain the games.

What's that Atlus game there?

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    http://nailbunny.net/files/GBADS.jpg

What's that Atlus game there?

Summon Night 1/2
    Super Robot Taisen OG1/2
    Yggdra Union

:?: (There are others, but I assume those might be hard to read.)

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited January 2007
    Yggdra Union, eh? What's that like?

DarkPrimus on
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yggdra Union is a strategy game with RPG and card battling elements thrown in for good measure. There are a few strategic elements superimposed because of this, the union and morale systems. Instead of selecting each character to battle enemies seperately, you have to link them together and they fight in a certain order.

The battlefield has very rudimentary graphics, just a grid and tiny, two-stage anitmated sprites. The battles themselves look a bit like Advance Wars, in that both sides start with 6 or 3 soldiers of whatever type is represented and they slowly knock numbers off the other side. The number is reset after each round, but the morale is not. Win a fight and morale is not changed, but the loser's morale is lowered. If the morale reaches zero, that unit is defeated and out of the battlefield.

Anyway, there are a lot of things going on in this game, so I won't type up all the details. I find the game to be pretty fun, once I got past most of the training battlefields and into the meat of the game. The sprite work (except for the battlefield) and portraits look very good. The story and music is fairly basic and the only part I think needs work is the length of the setup and dialogue for each battlefield, which has to run through each time you restart the battlefield, and the length of the card spell animations, which are repeated anytime a spell is used. The story and dialogue can be sped up, but not skipped, and the spells have to run their course (about 15 seconds) with no way to skip them.

I'm on battlefield 18 and the game has my full attention at the moment.

Back on topic, I have a couple dozen GBA carts and about 10 DS games. The GBA games that I haven't played in a long time are stored in a metal case that used to belong to my SP. The rest are (carefully) strewn about a table. The cardboard boxes are collected in another box in my closet.

So, I don't have any organization to my GBA storage...

Man of the Waves on
  • Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I keep all my handheld gaming equipment in a Chivas Regal tin that I bought at a garage sale when I got the original game boy in the 4th grade

42de_1.JPG
    (pic of tin taken off ebay)

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Akilae729 wrote:
    I keep all my handheld gaming equipment in a Chivas Regal tin that I bought at a garage sale when I got the original game boy in the 4th grade

Thank you, you've given me a reason to add a bottle of Chivas Regal to my little collection of Scotch.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Whenever I step into a thread and see awesome collections like this, it makes me wish I had never, ever sold or traded games in the past and makes me want to go out and rebuy all the games I've owned and then some. :(

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
    edited January 2007
    Akilae729 wrote:

Thank you, you've given me a reason to add a bottle of Chivas Regal to my little collection of Scotch.

Aged 12 Years according to my tin

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I keep all of my ds games crammed into one ds case with a special insert i made to tell it's mine. DS games are kept in little mad cats flip open cases, they suck and are too darkly coloured to see what's inside, but they're decent for throwing in my bag and leaving in a hurry.

A tin might work. You could keep other things in there too :winky:

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited January 2007
    leaf wrote:
    I keep all of my ds games crammed into one ds case with a special insert i made to tell it's mine. DS games are kept in little mad cats flip open cases, they suck and are too darkly coloured to see what's inside, but they're decent for throwing in my bag and leaving in a hurry.

A tin might work. You could keep other things in there too :winky:

Comdoms are kept in a little toy safe

next to the chivas regal tin

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You know those bags of crap Woot sells every so often?

Yeah, I use one of those bags. It fits games in their cases quite well.

I'd love to get some DS cases and print up some inserts from the Cover Project someday, but I haven't the money or time to sink into it yet.

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • LeftoverPenguinLeftoverPenguin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have quite a few more DS games now, but the GBA section is the same. There are plenty of GBA games I want, though the prices aren't really going down just yet.

games.JPG

Also...
    GBADS.jpg

Alphabetical order <3

LeftoverPenguin on
    Ghostbuster.png
    360a1csz9.gif
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also...
    GBADS.jpg

Alphabetical order <3
    It's the only way to arrange. My girlfriend used to think me very anal about stuff like that. And she's right. You can't just have your DVDs and games arranged all higgledy piggledy on the shelf. It's just not done.

I did one experiment with arranging my games by category, and by order of release, but that felt wrong and dirty. The only way I will break the A-Z rule is if a sequel comes out to a game and the titles wouldn't be arranged correctly (for example my Worms collection goes Worms, Worms Reinforcements, Worms United, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, Worms World Party, Worms 4: Mayhem, Worms Blast).

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also...
    GBADS.jpg

Alphabetical order <3
    It's the only way to arrange. My girlfriend used to think me very anal about stuff like that. And she's right. You can't just have your DVDs and games arranged all higgledy piggledy on the shelf. It's just not done.

I did one experiment with arranging my games by category, and by order of release, but that felt wrong and dirty. The only way I will break the A-Z rule is if a sequel comes out to a game and the titles wouldn't be arranged correctly (for example my Worms collection goes Worms, Worms Reinforcements, Worms United, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, Worms World Party, Worms 4: Mayhem, Worms Blast).

I like to think that some developers are cognizant of our freakish alphabetizing need and that's how we get sequences like this:
    • Shadow Hearts
    • Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    • Shadow Hearts: From the New World

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Taya wrote:
    All of my GBA games are in their boxes on a nice shelf. It's people like YOU (everyone in this thread) that make it so hard to buy GBA games on eBay. Why throw away a perfectly good box?

1000747pk0.jpg

An RPGWorld sig? That's incredible...

NickTheNewbie on
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why throw away a perfectly good box? I don't. I store them in my closet (excluding the instruction manuals, I take those out). I even have the plastic thingys that came with the box. I usually just open them, take the instruction manuals out, and then put the plastic back in and put it in my closet. Works, too.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz