As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phyta (or how to be Evil and Pretty at the same time)

RookRook Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Games and Technology
Nabbed from Rock, Paper, Shotgun but definitely worth sharing.

Ad.png

Taking more than a leaf from That Game Company's design book, Phyta happily straddles the really simple gameplay that just happens to be fun with amazingly pretty graphics and a wonderful soundtrack. It may not take more than 5-10 minutes to do everything you can in the game, but it's a very pleasant 5-10 minutes. At least until you think about what it is that you're doing, and then maybe it's not quite so fun.

Anyways, download it on your lunchbreak and enjoy.

edit: I should probably add, Left Mouse Button for a growth spurt, but the tendrils won't be as thick.

Rook on

• Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am loving the indie scene these days. Granted, there isn't much game to this, but it's aesthetically fantastic. More games need to have acoustic guitar/violin soundtracks.

Didn't find it to be fun or very insightful, though. Pleasing to the senses? Very much so.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, this is beautiful.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Shy GuyShy Guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Very relaxing for the most part... But also somewhat frustrating.

Pretty though.

Shy Guy on
  • Options
    TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Neat little game, I hope this guy gets some attention so he can more more neat stuff like this. This would make a great screensaver, it reminds me of Moppi Flowersaver. That's the only site I could find that still has a link to it, I guess Moppi went under or something.

Trevor on
  • Options
    CaffeinatedGuyCaffeinatedGuy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Very cool. Thanks for posting this.

CaffeinatedGuy on
    brick_bow_banner.png