As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The GAME WALL

• RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd like to see some high resolution pics of your collection. Any chance of that happening?

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That's a hell of a photoshop job, there!

Seriously, though, I am envious. I probably whip out and play older games more often than I'm sporting newness. Not to mention how sad this makes me feel because I've lost some games, lost a lot of boxes, partially destroyed other boxes and manuals, and other horrible shit to tarnish my feeble collection. :(

But yeah. Nice. :^:

Monsty on
  • Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I never realized that if you posted an epeen thread, your epeen would be judged and analyzed by harsh critics and cynical observers. My epeen shrivels in terror just thinking about it!

On topic: needs more PC games.

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That's depressing dude. According to my IGN collection page I have easily $7,000 worth of games, and that's not including anything pre-N64.

And my collection is about 1/6th that.

Depressing.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    All that awesome, and no Saturn representation... that Sega CD collection is disappointing. I could've sworn I saw the Lunars before the image cleared.

Still nicely assorted, though.

And I notice you're a Bubblegum Crisis 2032 fan. :^:

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, you should submit that shit to Ikea. They must love you.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It looks like you robbed a Record Exchange* or some shit.

*A random local trade-in store for movies/games/swag/etc.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Very impressive assortment you've got there. Minus a few points for the aforementioned lacking of Saturn representation, but the rest makes up for it.

Also: Surprising number of critical assholes posting in a thread like this. Jeez. Is this really a video game forum?

Crapfestival on
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow I'm nerdy. The first thought in my head looking at that first picture was that Animeigo never could design DVD covers to save their lives. Love the original BGC's though. Good taste :D

Aoi on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    BGC2040 > BGC

UnbreakableVow on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blasphemy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And spectacularly wrong.

Aoi on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I wish I could make fun of you for your Sailor Moon DVDs, but for some off reason, I can't.

You can make fun of him for not having the uncut box releases of the series.

dsc00360xd2.png
    (second shelf from the left, upper middle blue boxes)

Dude gets props for being much more organized. :P

Hmm...gonna see if I can at least name your anime:
    Top Left shelf:
    Five Star Stories?
    Akira
    Nanako
    Appleseed
    Armitage
    Blue Seed
    BBC
    BBC2040
    Castle in the Sky
    The Cat Returns
    Cowboy Bebop
    Cutey Honey

2nd Left shelf:
    Dirty Pair movies
    Dirty Pair Flash
    ...Doraemon???
    ?
    Excel Saga
    ?
    ?
    Escaflowne
    Galaxy Fraulien Yuna
    Geneshaft
    Geobreeder (?)
    Ghost in a Shell
    Ghost Sweeper Mikami
    Gunsmith Cats
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Iria: Zeiram
    Kiki's Delivery Service

3rd Left shelf:
    Knights of Ramune
    Legend of Lemnear (?)
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    Magic Users Club
    Miyuki Chan in Wonderland
    My Dear Marie
    Nausicaa
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    NGE: Death and Rebirth
    Anime Test Drive ?
    Porco Russo
    Princess Mononoke
    Project A-Ko
    Ranma 1/2

Upper Right shelf:
    Robotech
    Sailor Moon

2nd Right shelf:
    Sakura Dairies
    Slayers
    Sorceror Hunters
    Spirited Away
    Tenchi

Bottom Right shelf:
    Tenjo Tenge
    Trigun
    Urusei Yatsura
    Vampire Hunter D
    Wrath of the Ninja

You need to work on finishing your sets. ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jesus Christ why do you people have so much crap

Shogun on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Shogun wrote: »
    Jesus Christ why do you people have so much awesome

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dusda wrote: »

I don't see how having all that shit is awesome. It might be awesome until you have to move

Honestly how often are you going to be playing Madden '95

edit: See if it was NBA Jam I could see it. I still have my sega and I still have NBA Jam because NBA Jam is still the best basketball game the world has ever seen.

However 90% of these screenshots are doubles or just plain crap.

Shogun on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I don't see how having all that shit is awesome. It might be awesome until you have to move

edit: See if it was NBA Jam I could see it. I still have my sega and I still have NBA Jam because NBA Jam is still the best basketball game the world has ever seen.

Move? You don't pay movers?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited June 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

Fortunately I have these things called muscles. And no I don't pay movers A) I would do it myself to save the money and B)I don't have that much crap to move

edit: also I haven't moved in 4 years and I probably won't again until I graduate

Shogun on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You don't move that shit. You burn it down, collect the insurance money and start over fresh in a new town.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Gyral wrote: »
    You don't move that shit. You burn it down, collect the insurance money and start over fresh in a new town.

this is a smart man right here

i hope everyone is writing this down

Shogun on
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow how much did you spent buyin all those games? Over $10K is my guess. Neat collection anyway, it's way bigger than mine

Anyway here's my humble collection. I bought a few more titles since I took those pics, namely Persona 3 FES , No More Heroes , Super Mario Galaxy , Mario Kart Wii and God of War 2. Also note they're is some games hidden behind the main row.. I ''hide'' the games I liked less they're.

photo032wg2.th.jpg

photo035xd6.th.jpg

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

Fortunately I have these things called muscles. And no I don't pay movers A) I would do it myself to save the money and B)I don't have that much crap to move

edit: also I haven't moved in 4 years and I probably won't again until I graduate

This.

Movers? Who pays movers? I thought that only happened in movies.

I've moved like 6 times in my lifetime and I've done it without hired help every time. It's not that big of a deal, and you save hundreds of dollars.

Also, movers don't pack all your shit for you, do they?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    millitary pays movers for you, so I had movers. unless you want to get the cost of moving and DitY move (Do it Yourself move). But every time I moved it was over an ocean and I don't have muscles like you guys that can move a thousand pounds of stuff while swimming across an ocean.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    you have a scooby-doo game

why do you have a scooby-doo game

This thread is a story about someone who does not know how to say no.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited July 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    I've moved like 6 times in my lifetime and I've done it without hired help every time. It's not that big of a deal, and you save hundreds of dollars.

I just bought a house and booked the mover and its going to be $1300.

And worth every god damned penny if you ask me.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited July 2008
    apotheos wrote: »

If I had that much shit on one wall I would agree with you. In fact if he has that much shit on one wall I really hate to see the rest of his house.

The garage? The attic? Its like your very own tomb to raid.

Shogun on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So um... do you actually play all those games or are they more or less just insulation for that wall now?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited July 2008
    So um... do you actually play all those games or are they more or less just insulation for that wall now?

Madden '95 every saturday night.

Sundays?

Madden '96 dog

Shogun on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, I moved like 10 times in the 15 years since I moved out from the folks place, 6 of those times in a 3 year period. It was so much easier when I only had a room or two of shit. My last move was right after my divorce and between her taking her shit, all the furniture I didn't want and me throwing out the rest, I had maybe half a UHaul truck full to move. Now that I'm settled and buying all new furniture and shit... yeah, I'd totally throw down a cool grand to move it for me. And I don't even own a massive ton of games (I have a good sized collection, but nothing that can't be put in a few boxes).

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

I could see that if the movers come in, pack up all your shit nicely into boxes, put it into the truck, bring it to the new place, and drop it into whatever room you want it in. Oh, and maybe a blowjob at the end.

I don't know, maybe I'm just really cheap when it comes to paying for things I can do myself. I don't like going through automated car washes either.

Figgy on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i getabout twentyfive an hour. send an hour washing a car or less than twentyfive at an autowash?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited July 2008

I could see that if the movers come in, pack up all your shit nicely into boxes, put it into the truck, bring it to the new place, and drop it into whatever room you want it in. Oh, and maybe a blowjob at the end.

I don't know, maybe I'm just really cheap when it comes to paying for things I can do myself. I don't like going through automated car washes either.

Well I like the wand wash better than the automatic wash myself. Its a quality thing.

And the price I mentioned is packing supplies ($300 worth), and then a truck and burly men to haul my shit around. Packing was extra. I can do the packing.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

As part of a family business, I move furniture and clean out entire houses all the time. It's really not that big of a deal to me. I had no idea the service was worth that much. Personally, I'd rather keep the money.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
    edited July 2008
    People packing their own things and moving it by themselves?

How pedestrian. Excuse me I must go scold the gardener for overwatering the gardenias.
    I kid I'm not rich at all.

Kagera on
    edited July 2008
    i getabout twentyfive an hour. send an hour washing a car or less than twentyfive at an autowash?

I hear that kind of argument all the time, but it doesn't really work since you aren't exactly washing your car instead of working.

How much do you make sitting around at home in your spare time? If you spend an hour of your spare time washing your car instead of $10 for a quick 5 minute wash through a drive-thru, you've saved $10. You weren't going to make $25 otherwise.

Anyway, this thread has gotten as off-topic as it gets.

Figgy on
    edited July 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    I wish I could make fun of you for your Sailor Moon DVDs, but for some off reason, I can't.

dsc00360xd2.png

I don't have a prayer of touching that anime collection, but far as I can tell, I have you beat when it comes to Sailor Moon.
    IMG_3626.jpg

If you recognize what's between Season 2 and S, my condolences.

So can't this just become a generic 'post your collections' thread? It could be just for game ones, but that OP sets the bar pretty high.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • CaffeinatedGuyCaffeinatedGuy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That is awesome I can't wait to setup a gameroom so I can put in shelves like that. I've just got some crappy Walmart movie stand holding my game collection currently.

CaffeinatedGuy on
    brick_bow_banner.png
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I encourage anyone who enjoys collecting and/or displaying their games to consider using the Cover Project to cover & case many of their old carts in neat and organized and nice looking cases:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

For example, Jaguar and N64 games:
    * these aren't my collection, just an example of cases/covers and what you can do with them using The Cover Project

web.jpg

Genesis, SNES, N64:
    * these aren't my collection, just an example of cases/covers and what you can do with them using The Cover Project

segan64snes.jpg

GBA (& DS) games:

games.jpg

The cover project seriously has this stuff for just about every console.

I like to mention this project in threads like these because I was a major contributor and big fan of the project (personally submitted over 300 inserts, mostly GBA and N64).

They really do help your collection stay organized, clean, safe, and presentable. Plus, all those manuals have a place to reside as well.

slash000 on
    edited July 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »

dsc00360xd2.png

I don't have a prayer of touching that anime collection, but far as I can tell, I have you beat when it comes to Sailor Moon.
    IMG_3626.jpg

If you recognize what's between Season 2 and S, my condolences.

So can't this just become a generic 'post your collections' thread? It could be just for game ones, but that OP sets the bar pretty high.

Sailor Moon?

I would never be able to live that down.

Kagera on
    edited July 2008
    I grew up on the show, and judging by how popular those Season 1 & 2 sets were at launch(they went out of print in record time, and they were pricey), a lot of people did. It's still better than most anime released nowadays, especially Stars.

Slightly more on topic, a gravity defying depiction of my Sega CD/Saturn assortment:
    IMG_0927.jpg

I should update that, since I added Soul Hackers and Wizardry 6 & 7 to the import Saturn games(the others are Dragon Force 2, Sakura Taisen 1 & 2, Magical School Lunar!, and bonus points to whoever guesses the red one).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png