As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] BF 2142

nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
i know a lot of people on this forum feel pretty strongly about bf 2142, and this thread isnt for you. I was wondering if there was a clan of PA forumers on that game, and if there isnt yet one is anybody interested?

camo_sig2.png
nefffffffffff on

• DralloDrallo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    1. Rename your thread [Game On]BF 2142

2. Make a real OP

Drallo on
    katamarisig.jpg
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rename the thread, and you'll get more on-topic posts.

BF2142 is quite fun. If I had more time, I'd join ya'll (if/when it's started up). Until then, consider me a pinch hitter or something.

4rch3nemy on
  • Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    man i dunno my doctor hasnt given me my anti-hate BF2142 pills this week, i just cant stop HATING on BF2142!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Gotcha Force on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    battlefield2142b24mn5.jpg

Game on!

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    how do i rename it?

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    how do i rename it?
    Edit the first post and change the subject/title.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • DralloDrallo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    how do i rename it?

The edit button is at the bottom of your post.

Drallo on
    katamarisig.jpg
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    rename'd

thanks.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I bought this and never installed it. My backlog is shameful but I just don't feel like putting up with the whole process right now.

I'll be up for a game if we can find a server to squat in, though.

FreddyD on
  • PentPent Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    FreddyD wrote:
    I bought this and never installed it. My backlog is shameful but I just don't feel like putting up with the whole process right now.

I'll be up for a game if we can find a server to squat in, though.
    Same, I'm playing old classics rather then this which I bought the day it came out, and still haven't played it.

Pent on
    :winky:
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Considering BF2142 is one of the few games that will connect to the EA servers at college here, I have been playing quite a bit of it.

Titan mode it so fun. And points in it are just so easy to get.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've always wondered how the full game would be after many hours of playing the beta. I sometimes get a twinge of regret for not buying it at best buy for $20 when I had the chance. And now I'll never buy it unless I can get a price like that again.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Playing this game still like crazy, love it. Played several hours yesterday since I had the time. Really, they improve the game with every iteration, and this beats out BF2 in my book.

Paid about $35 and more than got my money's worth, considering I've played games for far less hours for $50. They seem pretty dedicated into keeping this game up to date and taking input, so I would highly recommend it. If your worried about ads, don't be...supposedly they are still testing it, if they even put them in I haven't seen it.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Colt wrote:

Titan mode is the only thing I dislike about the game, really. My experiences with it have been utterly, painfully, disgracefully, wickedly, nastily boring. Nothing like sitting around an abandoned missile silo all game. Even when we're assaulting or defending the Titan it seems to be "shoot those turrets!" or "watch out for mines!" or "throw those grenades!" and then respawn.

I really do want to like it, though, so somebody give me tips on how to enjoy this.

4rch3nemy on
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    4rch3nemy wrote:
    Colt wrote:

Titan mode is the only thing I dislike about the game, really. My experiences with it have been utterly, painfully, disgracefully, wickedly, nastily boring. Nothing like sitting around an abandoned missile silo all game. Even when we're assaulting or defending the Titan it seems to be "shoot those turrets!" or "watch out for mines!" or "throw those grenades!" and then respawn.

I really do want to like it, though, so somebody give me tips on how to enjoy this.

It depends on how you play and what class your playing, really, in either mode. You go with the flow of battle. If your an engie, cap a point and place motion mines around it, then either sit and defend if its near other points that the enemy has (Obviously they are going to go to the unclaimed sites next to it). If it's quiet, nab a vehicle and go. Most sites have respawning vehicles, so either wait or hitch a ride. Keep nabbing silos, the war is really non stop unless the other side plain sucks. If they do, go get some coffee and get a free win.

Once the shields are down on either side you can either keep at the silos or either defend/assault the other Titan. How well you do at either depends on your team. It's impossible to assault a Titan with any decent defense on your own. Best bet is to go up and see who is there. You'll find a lot of mine spamming, FYI, so crouch a lot and watch for detpacks. If you on defense, either support or assault works...set up a turret, ammo crate or health crate, sit back around the corner of the console for cover and....wait, really. They usually come eventually...if they don't they are concentrating on silos, abandon ship and just hitch a ride on a transport back to the ground.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Masume wrote:
    4rch3nemy wrote:
    Colt wrote:

It depends on how you play and what class your playing, really, in either mode. You go with the flow of battle. If your an engie, cap a point and place motion mines around it, then either sit and defend if its near other points that the enemy has (Obviously they are going to go to the unclaimed sites next to it). If it's quiet, nab a vehicle and go. Most sites have respawning vehicles, so either wait or hitch a ride. Keep nabbing silos, the war is really non stop unless the other side plain sucks. If they do, go get some coffee and get a free win.

Once the shields are down on either side you can either keep at the silos or either defend/assault the other Titan. How well you do at either depends on your team. It's impossible to assault a Titan with any decent defense on your own. Best bet is to go up and see who is there. You'll find a lot of mine spamming, FYI, so crouch a lot and watch for detpacks. If you on defense, either support or assault works...set up a turret, ammo crate or health crate, sit back around the corner of the console for cover and....wait, really. They usually come eventually...if they don't they are concentrating on silos, abandon ship and just hitch a ride on a transport back to the ground.

That about sums it up.

I think the only map I like for conquest is Fall of Berlin. I think that map is the absolute shit. That one Camp Gawhatever is ok too but DAMN I love Berlin. It makes me cry knowing that there is only one true city map in 2142 but shit is it fun.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png