As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girly Booze

2»

• Options
    Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Too many people here dont understand teenage girls and "bar drinks" Hell if you wanna hire me I'll make kamakazi's and sex on the beach shirtless for that group of teens.

But she's not asking for bar drinks. She's asking for a bottle of something to get for someone.

Hello, I've been a teenage girl, and my suggestions did for me.

I was agreeing with you. I meant some of the other suggestion like super high end vodka, bourbon, and cinnamon shnapps.

You and I said exactly the same thing

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    SpecularitySpecularity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Too many people here dont understand teenage girls and "bar drinks" Hell if you wanna hire me I'll make kamakazi's and sex on the beach shirtless for that group of teens.

But she's not asking for bar drinks. She's asking for a bottle of something to get for someone.

I was agreeing with you. I meant some of the other suggestion like super high end vodka, bourbon, and cinnamon shnapps.

Ahh, I gotcha now.

I'm curious though, can you mix bourbon with things to make it more...drinkable, if you will? I've always imagined it as something you sip on a quiet evening, but you seem to know of a variety of drinks.

Specularity on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Ahh, I gotcha now.

I'm curious though, can you mix bourbon with things to make it more...drinkable, if you will? I've always imagined it as something you sip on a quiet evening, but you seem to know of a variety of drinks.

How about a Manhattan or an Old Fashioned? Both are decent drinks. Not as decent as just bourbon, but hey, horses for courses.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Southern Comfort?

Or SoCo as the advert (and no one else, ever) calls it.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    corcorigan wrote: »
    Southern Comfort?

Or SoCo as the advert (and no one else, ever) calls it.

Agreed. A lot of girls like Southern Comfort, especially mixed with orange soda.

Or, if she likes Dr. Pepper: Cherry Whiskey and a bottle of Coke.

Phil G. on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Jack and coke, jack and water, Mint Julip if you are in the deep south

I know my alcohol spent too many saturday and sunday mornings peeling myself off linoleum, also spent alot of time picking up girls in bars so I kinda know what they like. Except the occasional psychopath that will drink shit like pabst blue ribbon

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    adamadam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If she is a real party girl, she propalby wont mind it not being stylish. I think O'dooles would be perfect.

adam on
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You guys are trying too hard.

OP, go with average vodka - Skyy or Smirnoff. Many girls enjoyed flavored vodkas too, but regular works just fine if you're not sure that she'll enjoy a particular flavor.

Edgie on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    If you want drinks that are tasty and trendy

Hpnotiq: http://www.hpnotiq.com

You could also go the Smirnoff ICE and Zima XXX route

Seconded on the Hpnotiq! Girls love it!!!

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    adam wrote: »
    If she is a real party girl, she propalby wont mind it not being stylish. I think O'dooles would be perfect.

O'douls may be the worst yeast water I've ever consumed. Why even drink the shit.

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Champagne. Or a good Cava if Champagne is too pricey.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    TaGuelleTaGuelle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Get her a bottle of Swedka and a jar of pickles. Do it Eastern European style.

TaGuelle on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That is an awful suggestion.

Smirnoff Ice would probably be pretty good, but it's not the classiest of drinks.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »

Smirnoff Ice would probably be pretty good, but it's not the classiest of drinks.

I offered a few classier suggestions and the consensus seemed to be that wasn't the best gift for a birthday where tehy probably just want to get drunk so Smirnoff Ice in girly flavours seemed good to me. It's what my kid sister who's that age drinks. If she's young enough and light enough she can get drunk off them and it's cheaper than buying something nice she won't appreciate.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Smirnoff ice/XXX/ Zima XXX is all as strong as beer 4-7% by volume so enough will get them all trashed on the cheap. Just not something for a man to drink, girls can handle the sugar alot well. If they are carb crazy though Orange Zima XXX tastes just like orange soda, 7% alcohol, and has no sugar.

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    emericanaemericana Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Malibu/Parrot Bay Mango Rum + V8 Splash Tropical blend = Tropical fruity party drink of the gods.

emericana on
  • Options
    GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Malibu and pineapple, Midori, Hypnotiq mixed with Smirnoff Double Blacks, vanilla vodka and coke, and Bacardi breezers are all girly drinks. Also pretty much what I drink.

Glorfindel on
  • Options
    NatanekoNataneko Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not sure if it count as classy (in fact, all my friend told me I didn't have any class while drinking that... but that was because I was drinking from the soda bottle.) but Vodka+Cream soda is really sweet and tasty. and well. girly!

Nataneko on
  • Options
    matisyahumatisyahu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When I was in high school the girls drank white russians, rum and coke, UV Blue, and screwdrivers. So get some UV Blue or some Skyy, rum just isn't as pretty and you don't want to be messing around with milk with a bunch of ams

matisyahu on
    i dont even like matisyahu and i dont know why i picked this username
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [QUOTE=Glorfindel;6079500]Malibu and pineapple, Midori, Hypnotiq mixed with Smirnoff Double Blacks, vanilla vodka and coke, and Bacardi breezers are all girly drinks. Also pretty much what I drink.[/QUOTE]

PERFECT LIST of girly drinks. look no further

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't know if I'm late to the party on this one, but X-rated Fusion Liqueur is very good. You can pretty much drink it straight if you want, or blend it with a bunch of other stuff.

It has an orange/mango taste, and it's bright pink. At about 17% alcohol, it's a little stronger than wine. But it's very good!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    A drink from my evil genius friend Mike.
    The Rape of Innocence.
    1 can of orange soda.
    1 shot of vanilla vodka.

Tastes like an orange creamsicle.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I offered a few classier suggestions and the consensus seemed to be that wasn't the best gift for a birthday where tehy probably just want to get drunk so Smirnoff Ice in girly flavours seemed good to me. It's what my kid sister who's that age drinks. If she's young enough and light enough she can get drunk off them and it's cheaper than buying something nice she won't appreciate.

Oh no, my Smirnoff suggestion was serious; I was referring to Swedka and pickles as the "awful suggestion." :D

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Did anyone mention cosmopolitan? I know she's asking for bottles but people mentioned drinks as well and I just wanted to know if anyone added that.

Anyways, I hated Southern Comfort, it was nasty to me. I'd go with Smirnoff, green apple is my favorite. Tequila is also good, but the kind I got was a cheap brand I don't even remember the name of.

Mim on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I ended up picking a bottle of the stuff with the gold flakes in it, but her brother/my boyfriend still needs this advice, keep it coming! :D

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    TaGuelleTaGuelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Oh no, my Smirnoff suggestion was serious; I was referring to Swedka and pickles as the "awful suggestion." :D

Have you ever tried chasing a shot of vodka with a pickle? It's nice if you've tried something before you comment on it. It's actually really good but I admit probably an acquired taste.

TaGuelle on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Look at this stuff!

2378ch5.jpg

I don't think it gets more girly.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh yes it does Hpnotiq made Nuvo http://www.sparklingnuvo.com/intro.html