As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OH GOD COMICS ARE LATE THIS WEEK

2»

• Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This week I picked up

Amazing Spider-Man #537
    Civil War #6
    X-23: Target X #2

and a bunch of Annihilation related stuff thanks to the thread here.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    DC

52 Week #35 $2.50
    All Star Superman #6 $2.99
    Superman Vol 3 #658 $2.99

Marvel

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #537 $2.99
    Bullet Points #3 $2.99
    Civil War #6 $2.99
    Civil War Front Line #10 $2.99
    Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #102 $2.99
    Punisher War Journal Vol 2 #2 $2.99
    Uncanny X-Men #482 $2.99

Hulk was awesome.

Front Line was terrible again.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Munch wrote:
    [spoiler:8613a643da]As Kate Spencer is issuing a statement to the press, you see a blue, vaguely insect-like mechanical leg cutting through the clouds. Suddenly, everyone looks up in the sky as Kate wonders. "What new hell is this?" Up in the sky they see, silhouetted against rays of the sun, a solitary figure descending from a trapdoor in the bottom of a familiar hovercraft, feet planted firmly on a trapeze bar, one arm wrapped around the cable, the other hanging loosely, calmly to his side. Wonder Woman, shocked, says only, "It cannot be..."

Planting his feet on the steps of the courthouse, the figure smirks and says, "Hey, Diana. I heard you were in hot water, so I came to help. What's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost!"

The Blue Beetle is back.[/spoiler:8613a643da]

When the next issue's released and it's all shown to be a big fake-out I'm sure you'll all be able to hear my poor, comic-nerd heart break into a million pieces, but for now, I'm enjoying this goddamit.
    [spoiler:8613a643da]The whole issue will lead you to believe it's true, but then on the last page it will just be Jaime with his suit making the hologram and everyone goes out for tacos at the end.[/spoiler:8613a643da]

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I JUST READ MIDNIGHTER 3

THIS IS IMPORTANT:

IT IS AWESOME

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Munch wrote:
    [spoiler:69af09fc77]As Kate Spencer is issuing a statement to the press, you see a blue, vaguely insect-like mechanical leg cutting through the clouds. Suddenly, everyone looks up in the sky as Kate wonders. "What new hell is this?" Up in the sky they see, silhouetted against rays of the sun, a solitary figure descending from a trapdoor in the bottom of a familiar hovercraft, feet planted firmly on a trapeze bar, one arm wrapped around the cable, the other hanging loosely, calmly to his side. Wonder Woman, shocked, says only, "It cannot be..."

Planting his feet on the steps of the courthouse, the figure smirks and says, "Hey, Diana. I heard you were in hot water, so I came to help. What's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost!"

The Blue Beetle is back.[/spoiler:69af09fc77]

When the next issue's released and it's all shown to be a big fake-out I'm sure you'll all be able to hear my poor, comic-nerd heart break into a million pieces, but for now, I'm enjoying this goddamit.
    [spoiler:69af09fc77]The whole issue will lead you to believe it's true, but then on the last page it will just be Jaime with his suit making the hologram and everyone goes out for tacos at the end.[/spoiler:69af09fc77]

Well, I can't really argue with tacos.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ahaha the X-23 artist cannot draw Captain America's face to save his life.

He looks like a 12 year old.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    [spoiler:e736ca43ca]The whole issue will lead you to believe it's true, but then on the last page it will just be Jaime with his suit making the hologram and everyone goes out for tacos at the end.[/spoiler:e736ca43ca]

I pray for Jaime's gruesome, undignified, and vaguely Poochy-like death with each issue of Blue Beetle. But John Rogers has been showing off a cover with Jaime and Guy hanging out in a bar that looks fun. Hopefully it'll involve Guy sharing some stories of Ted/JLI shenanigans, and Jaime not acting like an ass for once. Or maybe he'll make a rocket skateboard out of the scarab, chug a gallon of Red Bull, and go dig up Ted's corpse and play it like a guitar.

Munch on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    also the winter soldier one shot was completely different from what i thought it would be but still totally awesome

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I like the Ultimate Vision book so far. Part 2 was really cool, almost has a kind of horror-vibe to it.

[spoiler:141d72677c]Anything with more Ultimate Galactus is something that I'll buy.[/spoiler:141d72677c]

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Agreed. That stood out to me most when I read the issue. However, X-23 herself looks delicious, which is far more important to me than whether Cap looks right. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Agreed. That stood out to me most when I read the issue. However, X-23 herself looks delicious, which is far more important to me than whether Cap looks right. :P

Pedo.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Pedo.

HAY. If loving X-23 is wrong, I don't want to be right.

And was I the only person humming "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" when Laura and her cousin were going around San Francisco?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You have to love the scenes with Laura in class... just classic.

And hey, it's not my fault Marvel feels the need to whore-up a 16 year old girl. I'm a slave to biology...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sentry wrote:
    You have to love the scenes with Laura in class... just classic.

And hey, it's not my fault Marvel feels the need to whore-up a 16 year old girl. I'm a slave to biology...

Laura's French monologue was beautiful. And she knows far too much about biology.

Did you guys also notice that two of the teachers are the Mythbusters guys? Jamie was the French teacher and Adam was the biology teacher. I'm guessing the artist thought that, with everything taking place in San Francisco, it'd be a neat little cameo. Since I like Mythbusters, I approve of this. :^:

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    don't lime things

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
    ASS was great again. I really wish this was a monthly book.

Hyperpoon FTW.

DMAC on
  • Options
    tombomb666tombomb666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The other day I got Hellblazer: Original Sins and Nextwave #11 from who I assume is Dark Primus.

I had always meant to get into Hellblazer, but I kept getting distracted by other books. It will be a nice follow up to the Absolute Sandman that I got for Christmas.

I already have Nextwave but that just means that I have 2 helpings Elvis MODOK and Wolverine chimps. :^:

edit: wrong thread

tombomb666 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    tombomb666 wrote:
    The other day I got Hellblazer: Original Sins and Nextwave #11 from who I assume is Dark Primus.

I had always meant to get into Hellblazer, but I kept getting distracted by other books. It will be a nice follow up to the Absolute Sandman that I got for Christmas.

I already have Nextwave but that just means that I have 2 helpings Elvis MODOK and Wolverine chimps. :^:

Glad you got it. I figured, who doesn't like John Constantine, and fuck, you can never have enough copies of Nextwave #11!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't think I'm going to keep buying it because it's not really my thing, but I went into the first issue of Scalped knowing nothing about it, and damn if that's not a pretty great last page.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif