As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam On!] Dystopia: Because you wish you were a Console Cowboy

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey! I'm interested, so add my Steam name (same as the one here) to the Dystopia group.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I'd advise you guys, the ones playing now are hardcore motherfuckers or totally new at the game, there's not really much middle ground left. I'd avoid PsY if you PA's are playing together. But yeah, my thing in this was medium with AR or Heavy with mini/RL/ion, punching people out was the best.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, everyone who plays either sucks to play with cause they got it 10 minutes ago and suck

or

They played the game from Day1, and they are awesome.

Very little grey area. Its like an upside down bellcurve.

[brag on]I was also ranked #1 for a couple months[/brag]

CangoFett on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I love dystopia... I usually run around invis and pick off stragglers. Good times. Go ahead and send me an invite if you would.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dyvion

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh thank god, it's vaccine.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm downloading this. It shall be glorious.

Steam ID all up ins;

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carcharodontosaurus

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Awesome. Added the newer guys.

Hopefully we can get a semi-exclusive game up soon. A bunch of clannies horded the server we were on and a couple of them were dickbags, so I suppose we'll have to deal for now. Fortunately, some were nice and even helpful, not to mention Zetx knows his way around a deck.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I play exclusively on WNx. This could change if there was a server that PA people play on.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh GOD people are starting to play this? yes yes yes yes yes yes.

I played the hell out of this mod before 1.0 hit, then something happened that I don't remember and then I stopped. Been trying to play it again ever since but I can't find anyone good to play with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/somersetlopez

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Awesome. Added the newer guys.

Hopefully we can get a semi-exclusive game up soon. A bunch of clannies horded the server we were on and a couple of them were dickbags, so I suppose we'll have to deal for now. Fortunately, some were nice and even helpful, not to mention Zetx knows his way around a deck.

Yeah, I'm afraid I had to leave real soon. Sigh, work and RL stuff is... stressful. :|

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I played this for about half an hour, and I've got to say I'm stunned this isn't actually for sale. It's so damn polished it gleams, and there's nothing as fun as having heavy armour, a chaingun, noise cancellation for the chaingun, and a way of detecting where enemies are. Though I got sworded an inordinate number of times, it's still so damn wonderful.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ya, sorry i just kinda dropped out there jerik, had to go play some rockband with the buddies. We defiantly need a passworded PA server so the clanners cant get in and rape us all.

Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Downloading it now, here's my steam ID for some invites.

This game intrigues me. From the descriptions (nice OP btw), it sounds like it has some real depth and intricate tactics.

Woggle on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I installed it last night then had to go to bed.

So it's strange, only 30 people in the entire universe playing this game. Kind of scary to think about that. Billions of people out there and only a handful are in this game.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd like an invite to the group. My Steam is in my sig.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have always wanted to try this game out. I will provide a private server for us. It will hopefully be up later today.

Job_41:25 on
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, that's awesome Job. Glad to know we'll have a server where I get great ping.

TheSuperWoot on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So is this a friendly fire on or off kind of game?

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Job_41:25 wrote: »
    So is this a friendly fire on or off kind of game?

FF's on.

Totally excited for a PA server. :winky:

<3 job

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Job rules!

I can't wait to get back into this game later today. I think I was doing pretty well yesterday against Cosby and Jerik.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    Carry The ZeroCarry The Zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Awww yeah totally downloading this right now, invite me to this party

http://steamcommunity.com/id/carrythezero

Carry The Zero on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I have always wanted to try this game out. I will provide a private server for us. It will hopefully be up later today.

Why is your server called "Penny Arcade - Dystopia" a CSS server?

And I'm still waiting for a group invite.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Why is your server called "Penny Arcade - Dystopia" a CSS server?

And I'm still waiting for a group invite.

Because Dystopia is a mod. You have to run a CSS server or a HLDM server and then run the mod on top of that. As soon as my command-line change goes through it will cease to be a CSS server, although Gametracker will probably always see it as one.

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Ok can someone check the server and see if everything is working?

IP: 208.167.224.75:27015
    PASS: wang

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Ok can someone check the server and see if everything is working?

IP: 208.167.224.75:27015
    PASS: wang

I was just about to play it, so I'll do that.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Job, your server seems to be working fine except for the fact no one is playing on it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Thanks, I'll finish up loading some stuff then I'll hop on when I get home around 6:30 EST.

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Sweet, I'm going to get on there in an hour or so and try to get the hang of it so I don't make a complete fool of myself

Carry The Zero on
  • Options
    SparrowSparrow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Dystopia team released a 'patch preview' a few days back that highlights some of the changes in their next upcoming patch.
    Console:
    - Autoexec.cfg should now automatically execute scripts properly.
    - Fixed some minor spelling errors in the console feedback messages. (Issue #1064)
    - A new console command, swap_teams has been added. This replaces round_restart.
    - The round_restart command has been removed. For clarification, many console variables will undergo changes in order to make a uniform standard easy to understand for new server admins.
    - Mp_startdelay now only applies right after the map loads and a new variable, mp_rounddelay applies after a new round or map_restart.

UI:
    - Added emotes using "/me" command.
    - Changed scoreboard to show classes and implants dead players have when they spawn.
    - Spawning HUD now has enough room for the full seven implants that a light can take (Issue #658)
    - The option to have blue IFF for Corps and red IFF for punks during normal play has been added.

Meatspace:
    - Caut-IFF, or Caution IFF, appears around players who are cortexing and friendly grenades.
    - Caut-IFF appears as an orange circle that pulses.
    - Added IFF Boxes around friendly EMP and Explosive grenades.
    - Added Spawn Timer
    - Removed ability to walk
    - Cortex only explodes if enemies are in range; if friendly players are around it will create a small explosion with minimal damage; if no players are around, it will explode normally.
    - Assist points are now given to a player during death as well.
    - Spawn times now decrease for the attacking team if that team has not captured any objectives for a substantial amount of time.
    - Fixed a bug where user could not fire boltgun secondary immediately after firing primary.
    - Fixed a bug where player would get 8 or 9 points for capturing an objective instead of 15 (Issue #923)
    - Fixed a bug where if a player locked onto another player using Smartlocks, and then grabbed a ledge, the lock was lost. (Issue #1021)
    - Fixed scoreboard objectives sometimes showing up from the previous round. (Issue #1106)
    - Fixed a minor bug where the player was given a button-push arrow when cooking a grenade and looking at a screen. (Issue #1125)
    - Fixed a bug where Smart lock pistols would stay locked on after death (Issue #1140)
    - Fixed a bug where both teams would not spawn at the same time. (Issue #1227)
    - Cloaked player visibility is now the same for every DirectX Level.
    - Problems with leg booster sounds have been remedied. (Issue #1155, Issue #661, Issue #818)
    - Crash when user is a spectator and using space bar to move to the next user is fixed.
    - Turrets are no longer distracted by units they cannot properly hit
    - Turrets now have a better distinction for when they are dead or disabled (Issue #809)
    - Turrets now properly attack players who are decked in (Issue #1214)
    - Spider Grenades, Tesla Balls, Debris or Area of Effect explosives no longer go through forcefields.
    - Spider grenade explodes 1/5 of normal radius if it does not deploy.
    - Spider grenades are now destroyed if stuck between doors.
    - Spider mines should no longer get stuck in player's heads. (Issue #60)
    - Fixed a bug where the objective lost sound would not play for defending corp teams. (Issue #1377)
    - Players should no longer occasionally be able to see cybertrails in meatspace. (Issue #1236)
    - Fixed an exploit where players could immediately capture the objective. (Issue #930)
    - Fixed an unsafe reference to a variable that may have been causing spectating players to crash. (Issue #1135)
    - Sprinting with legboosters while uncrouching should work properly now. (Issue #663)
    - Buttons now only activate once per use instead of once per frame while you hold the use key.
    - Fixed a bug where players would not spawn after death (Issue #978)
    - Exploit where players can press buttons through solid objects fixed (Issue #932)
    - Fixed a bug which caused the "objective lost" and "objective captured" sounds to overlap for some players. (Issue #778)
    - Explosives should no longer cause ear-ringing.
    - Ammo count for the smartlock pistols has been increased by 4 bullets per clip.
    - The rate of fire on the MK-808 has been reduced.
    - Basilisk secondary fire should now use 3 ammo instead of 4.
    - Basilisk should now receive 10 ammo from the ammo dispenser instead of 9.
    - The spread of the Basilisk primary fire has been tightened.
    - The clip size of the Smartlock pistols has been increased to 30.
    The button bug, which in version 1 appears 10% of the time when pressing a button, now appears roughly 0.1% of the time.

Cyberspace:
    - Returned air control back to the way it was in Demo Update 4.
    - Shaft damage has been increased from .75 to 1.0
    - ICEMine damage has been increased from 30 to 50.
    - ICEScan has been changed to ICEClean, which now removes GreenICE.
    - GreenICE is now activated when players ICEBreak a GreenICEd wall.
    - For balance reasons, it is no longer possible to have both GreenICE and an ICEMine on an ICEWall.
    - Fixed bug where a cyber shard would occasionally appear from the victim of a player who is being spectated. (Issue #698)
    - Fixed a screen/button pressing exploit (Issue #696)
    - Fixed a problem where cyberspace deckers would not be able to move over 1 unit of height (Issue #1262)
    - Players should now always be able to fire immediately after jacking in. (Issue #192)
    - Fixed a bug where players could get stuck inside phantom ICE in cyberspace. (Issue #793)
    - Fixed a bug where a player could create yellow ice. (Issue #798, Issue #1205)
    - Removed the ability of players to run two cyberspace programs over each other. (Issue #1208)

Implants:
    - IFF Info now sees enemy light EMP grenades, and enemy medium grenades. (Caut-IFF)
    - Mediplant is now turned off when user enters into cyberspace

Server:
    - Fixed problem with round start time being set from wrong convar after map_restart (Issue #1293)
    - Added console commands: muteid, unmuteid, callvote kickid, all operate on players based on their IDs as reported by "status" (this is for people with weird names)
    - Server now ignores stats from a round if sv_cheats was ever 1. Server will start keeping track again if a round_restart is given.
    - Added admin command balanceteams

Mapping:
    - Enabled the possibility of draining only punks or only corps in cyber_drain trigger.
    - In cyberspace, teleport destination angles are now respected
    - Added spawn flag for dys_helper in order to mute the "beep".
    - ForceSpawn should now happen to the team of the spawn entity, rather than the team of the player who triggered it.
    - Added a "filtername" filter to all kinds of buttons.
    - Support for color correction has been added.
    Broadcast: Fixed some textures that were z-fighting with eachother. (Issues #379, Issue #1192)
    Broadcast: Eliminated some left-over nodraw textures that were visible to players. (Issue #377)
    Broadcast: Realigned the elevator doors for added pretty-factor. (Issue #1305)
    Broadcast: The Corps must now maintain control of the interior spawn in order to destroy the broadcast server. (Issue #805, Issue #672)
    Broadcast: It should no longer be possible to get stuck in the elevator doors. (Issue #1282)
    Broadcast: Players should no longer get stuck under the elevator. The elevator has been fed peanuts, and is now less hungry. (Issue #605)
    Broadcast: The Switchblade booze stash in the objective 3 area should no longer be causing physics lag when disturbed. (Issue #803)
    Broadcast: Some errant nodraw textures were replaced with visible ones. (Issue #804)
    Broadcast: The doors should no longer z-fight with the walls (Issue #1192)
    Broadcast: Some minor z-fights elsewhere have also been resolved. (Issue #417, Issue #379)
    Broadcast: It should no longer be possible spawncamp in the second corp spawn. (Issue #790, Issue #660)
    Broadcast: The corp turret in the alleyway on the first objective has been relocated. (Issue #1199, Issue #666)
    Broadcast: Corp server defense notices have been spellchecked. (Issue #911)
    Broadcast: Textures in the vents have been realigned. (Issue #1193)
    Broadcast: The DNA room spawn area should now have enough spawn pads for a full wave of 8 to spawn. (Issue #788)
    Broadcast: The vents from the DNA room spawn to the associated JIP area have been replaced with a hallway for improved access.
    Undermine: Pixelation on textures remedied. (Issue #780)
    Undermine: Fixed lighting fixture problems. (Issue #782, Issue #781)
    Undermine: Fixed bug where objective 1 turrets can target wrong team with map/round restart (Issue (#784)
    Undermine: Fixed small exploit where cyber avatar could change wall orientation in places that made it hard to aim for attackers. (Issue #786)
    Undermine: Fixed exploits where corps could get into punk spawns. (Issue #776, Issue #791)
    Undermine: Fixed exploit where two players could go into an extraction unit at once. (Issue #689)
    Undermine: Removed cyberdrain when disabling an EU in Undermine (Issue #792)
    Undermine: Fixed parts where a player could see into the map geometry via ledgegrabbing models (Issue #58, Issue #1045, Issue #1033)
    Undermine: Fixed zfighting issues on laser model. (Issue #1030)
    Undermine: Fixed spawn camping EU3 exploit. (Issue #785)
    Undermine: Ceiling models no longer express concrete material properties. (Issue #149)
    Vaccine: The turrets at the second objective spawn now take longer to change sides. (Issue #434)
    Vaccine: Players should no longer be able to climb on the 2nd objective JIP and get stuck in the ceiling. (Issue #935)
    Vaccine: Players should now have no trouble activating the second objective JIP with the use key. (Issue #934)
    Vaccine: The railings on the second objective staircase have been prettified. (Issue #874)
    Vaccine: Players should no longer be able to camp inside the objective one tube. (Issue #938)
    Vaccine: Players should no longer be able to get stuck inside the top of the objective one tube. (Issues #936 and 808)
    Vaccine: The objective one lift should now let players know when it is able to be activated again. (Issue #331)
    Vaccine: The size of the airlock has been increased.
    Vaccine: The core forcefield should no longer have concrete bullet decals. (Issue #1057)
    Vaccine: Grenades should no longer float in midair under the core. (Issue #826)
    Vaccine: The objective two objective marker should no longer move on its own. (Issue #396)
    Vaccine: One of the vents on the third floor should no longer be cut off by the wall. (Issue #823)
    Vaccine: A minor Z-fighting issue near the force field in the dock area was resolved. (Issue #824)
    Fortress: Roof above Corp 1st and 2nd Spawn is now accessible with legboosters
    Fortress: The glass around the room between the data storage, reactor, and the last Corp spawn is now breakable
    Fortress: Vent route added between the top of the circle stairs and the elevator room before the reactor room
    Fortress: Fixed a misaligned texture in the sewer near punk spawn (Issue #1344)
    Fortress: New props added in the sewer entrance to objective 3
    Fortress: Removed Hl2 logo from a poster in the sewer (Issue #1238)
    Fortress: Fixed a partly floating shovel in the sewer going towards objective 3 (Issue #1346)
    Fortress: Fixed soundscapes around the 1st objective (Issue #1341)
    Fortress: Fixed a hampering of player movement on the far left side of the top of the sewer below the bridge (Issue #1239)
    Fortress: Fixed z-fighting between the JIP and the wall in 1st objective Corp spawn (Issue #1240)
    Fortress: Fixed geometry where players could get stuck near the walls outside of the Punk spawn (Issue #1172)
    Fortress: Fixed surface prop on the sewer lid in Punk 1st spawn (Issue #1101)
    Fortress: Fixed crash to desktop caused by the sewer water (fixed by a small patch previously released, but now packaged with the map)
    Fortress: Fixed players being able to get stuck in the 3rd objective room when it was meat locked. (Issue #537)
    Fortress: Fixed Punks being able to decrypt 3rd objective after it is already capped (Issue #920)
    Assemble: Alternate route added for punks on 1st objective
    Assemble: Cyberspace screen on 3rd objective fixed (Issue #1269)
    Assemble: Light reflection fixed on the left door of obj3 (Issue #889)
    Assemble: Fixed possible Corp spawncamping of Punks on 1st objetive (Issue #900)
    Assemble: Fixed a lighting issue on the doors of the Corp 2nd objective spawn (Issue #913)
    Assemble: Fixed z-fighting on the 2nd objective JIP (Issue #1069)
    Assemble: Objective door on third objective fixed so it cannot be bugged and stuck half open (Issue #641)
    Assemble: All data stores now show "Panel Offline" screen when they are destroyed (Issue #834)
    Assemble: Fixed being able to get stuck on the laser in 2nd objective cyberspace (Issue #800)
    Assemble: Fixed seeing voids in the laser assembly line (Issue #734)
    Assemble: Fixed spawn pads blocking movement (Issue #890)
    Assemble: Changed the glass under the railing above the 3rd objective from non-solid to solid (Issue #835)
    Assemble: Fixed HL2 texture in the loading screen (Issue #1130)
    Assemble: Fixed an exploit with the 3rd objective door only partly opening, which prevented a third objective cap (Issue #1362)
    Assemble: Fixed a no-draw in 1st objective cyberspace (Issue #1368)

I find it hard to believe that there are more changes than the ones listed, seeing as that's almost enough info to write a small novel.

The cyber space changes and the addition of emotes sounds interesting though.

Sparrow on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'll be on the server hoping for someone else to join.

Peewi on
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    those cyberspace changes are awesome. greenice was always annoying as it was because you had to approach the ice slowly, which in cyberspace is both impractical and usually difficult because its all about jumping and moving in cyberspace to go faster

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    YAY!

So all the new info has been updated. Those of you who recently asked to be in the group: Friends is currently down, I will be sure to add you and group you when it comes back up.

Thanks much, Job! The server info is now in the OP, hopefully we can get a nice big game going tonight.

EDIT: Friends is back up, will be attending to that now.

Also, maybe someone here who is adept at decking could give a quick noob tutorial? I'm lookin at you, Zetx :P

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Job, I don't know how anyone else feels, but personally I think that 30 minute rounds is too long and that it should be reduced to 20 minutes.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah this is pretty damn fun, I'm gonna read up on it some after dinner then jump back on the server

Carry The Zero on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I believe the standard was 20 minutes back in the day... (defending vaccine for 30 minutes is hellish and boring if Punks can't get the first objective >_>)

I'll write something up while at work, though I think there are some guides around the main site somewhere :p

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    yeah, 20 minutes usually works, although silo used to be really hard for punks on 20 minutes unless people knew what they were doing. that first objective was always tough.

Despite having played TF2 and Dystopia a ton on this computer, i think it is dying (over 4 year old Dell Inspiron 9100) and has decided it won't run either at a smooth framerate anymore :( I'll be building a new rig in August though, so hopefully you guys will still be playing then.

Also, if you want to get better at decking, easy thing to do is start a lan game and go through all the maps once on your own. it really helps to just figure out what each decking node does, where the different entry points lead, and what the objectives are.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Alright, here's a quick start.... maybe after a couple games I'll add some map-specific tricks... but they're more enjoyable to realize yourself :lol:
    Quick and Dirty Cybering (:winky:) Guide for PA Dystopians

Disclaimer: This is from memory. (1. I'm writing from work. / 2. It's been a couple years)

Basics

REMEMBER -- If you have the mediplant in your loadout, you NEED to turn it off while decking. Otherwise, if a hurt teammember comes walking by, you will heal them and lose energy.
    LESS ENERGY = LESS TIME

You can turn it off by pressing whatever key (by default, a Function key) it's been assigned to... (Of course there are exceptions, like quick decking jobs or ... whatever, but yeah, it's important)

Movement - Decking is a race against time. For one, your energy begins to drain when you enter cyberspace (CS) and second (usually if you're trying to take an objective), the longer you take in CS, the longer your team must defend you and/or the greater your chancees are of getting killed, wasting more time for your team, blah, blah blah.

A general suggestion is that if you want to deck you should go to an empty server/create your own with your map of choice and have a look around. This way you won't be bumbling about when it's game time.

Okay, on to actual advice. Jumping around generally helps you move faster. I usually just hold the spacebar once I'm in CS and push through to a node. Also, your secondary fire (the projectile) can be used as a "rocket jump" type thing (which I'm no good at) allowing you to get to higher areas and depending on how it's angled, will let you move faster also.

Obstacles - The things you will encounter are...

1. IceWall - an IceWall by itself poses no real harm. If you're in a hurry, use Wedge and slide on by
    2. IceMine - Embeded into the IceWall, if you Wedge the Wall, the Mine will come flying for you (or any nearby player? I'm not sure... I've seen Mine's do crazy things...) If it hits you, you'll lose energy. If you use the IceBreaker, you'll take care of the Mine.
    3. GreenIce - If you touch it, you'll get EMP'd and kicked out of the system. An IceBreaker should take care of it (IIRC...)

Hacking - In v1 they added the hacking "mini-game" where you can press the buttons in order to complete a task faster. Obviously, the disadvantage is that you'll probably be too busy to fend off a surprise attack, so be alert! :P

The program's order never changes, but the locations of the buttons do.

Enemy Deckers - As all deckers have a trail of their team color behind them, which can be seen through most walls, it should be pretty easy to figure out when someone's coming. Your primary attack is a hitscan attack, so just get your reticle over him and click. The secondary is a projectile so it'll take awhile, but does more (energy) damage. Added in v1, the beam attack is a short (mid?) range draining beam ... which drains them.

'Course other options are hiding somewhere while your programs finish running then distracting them before they can put up/down the security and you finish your job (either ambushing them or trying to finish your objective)

Also (thanks cwapfobrains) when someone is cyberfrag'd they leave behind crystal shards which will replenish a decker's energy. When you are cyberfrag'd, you'll be kicked out of CS and the JIP will display the spray of your attacker, disabling the JIP temporarily, not to mention damaging your actual health slightly. You can die from that.

(Bonus: You can kill someone with legboosters. Stand ontop of them, charge it up, and release! :winky: (I don't think it's insta-kill))

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'll change the timelimit to 20. I know nothing about gameplay so please suggest server settings if you're more familiar with the game.

• Options
    edited July 2008
    also, when an decker (enemy or friendly) has been kicked from the system from losing their energy, (i think only forcibly, not decking out manually), a little crystal will appear in CS, which if picked up by another decker will replenish their energy somewhat. So theoretically if you are really good at killing in CS, you could potentially stay decked in indefinitely as long as they keep coming in to try to kill you.

Getting kicked out of CS by an enemy will hurt you slightly, but also lock out your terminal for a short period of time, so usually it is to your team's advantage to manually jack out when your energy is low, especially if you know there is a backup waiting to replace you.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Never ran a server for it or anything, but the things that immediately come to mind are

FF on, 20 minutes, 3 rounds per map... I'll add more as I think of 'em :P

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png