As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rock Band 2 Hits September -- Timed Exclusive for Xbox360

12346»

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hell yeah. I have been wanting to play Ace of Spades ever since GH1 tracks were supposed to be coming to GH2.

I'll be picking up RB2 for sure as long as the September release holds true.

EDIT: noooooooooooo

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    robocop is bleedingrobocop is bleeding Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    RCagent wrote: »
    Its been brought up already in the Rock Band 1 Thread. But yeah:

http://kotaku.com/5021315/rock-band-2-preview-shows-journey-foo-fighters-motrhead-and-more
    rock_band_2_tracks.jpg

Discuss.

I'm really looking forward to September. Stupid playtest NDA. I hope the tracklist gets officially released soon (post Who DLC?) as I am burning to talk about it, but can't. I have no idea how game designers can keep mum.

robocop is bleeding on

Waitsing.jpg
  • Options
    MonkeydryeMonkeydrye Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If those songs ARE actually in RB2, consider it bought.

As for those crying about HMX making RB2 so soon...WTF? You don't have to buy it. All future DLC will continue to work with RB1. It is still an ongoing platform. This is more than I can say for GH...not that there is much DLC to begin with, and the DLC that exists isn't that great (how many video game songs do we need people!?).

Just look at it like a huge track pack where you happen to also get some new features. It's not a whole new game, since everything from the old game works with it and vice versa.

Monkeydrye on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I could really do without anything from System of a Down or Blink 182 post Dude Ranch.

Everything else there is awesome or something I'm not familiar with.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I could really do without anything from System of a Down

HEY.

Go listen to their debut album, toxicity and steal this album!. Their probably the only nu-metal band other than deftones that is worth a damn.

Their latest 2 albums don't really stand up to quality though. :(

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Also, I really hope this time around, it either randomly chooses a venue for Solo DLC playing or lets you select it.

It gets kind of boring always seeing the same neon-riffic stage.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Okay, I assumed the image was from the in-game music store, but I just noticed a score on the right, so they're applying the store UI to the whole game? I guess that's pretty cool.

Dirty on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dirty wrote: »
    Okay, I assumed the image was from the in-game music store, but I just noticed a score on the right, so they're applying the store UI to the whole game? I guess that's pretty cool.

I think the image is from either solo or world tour play, perhaps. Though it's cool to see the difficulty breakdown on the side, so I know when I'm about to get reamed on drums while everyone else takes a nap.

Also, Chop Suey is going to be awesome on vocals.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

That's exactly one of the changes I would have asked to be in Rock Band 2. I think the store has a much better layout than the single player campaign layout in Rock Band 1. Especially because the store layout shows the instrument difficulty breakdown as well as album art and information.

Now I just hope they use my other suggestion and provide a way to page up and down so as to move through the list faster than one song at a time. Because even with the different sorting options, it can still take a while to move through the list if you have enough DLC.

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As it is this is pretty much the same priority as buying Rock Band the First.

Honestly it's just a matter of which one actually gets here.

W2 on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As I've said before, I ceased taking System of a Down seriously when I realized the lead singer sounds EXACTLY like Will Ferrell. This revelation took me about twelve seconds. So to me they sound like Spinal Tap Mark II, only less funny.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I think the image is from either solo or world tour play, perhaps. Though it's cool to see the difficulty breakdown on the side, so I know when I'm about to get reamed on drums while everyone else takes a nap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aU5-pGKP0LE

Avril agrees.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I would like to think so.

Then I remember how broken talky parts were in Rock Band and think of how much they're going to be in Chop Suey. Particularly the "WAKE UP! WHY DON'T YOU PUT ON A LITTLE MAKEUP!" parts.

Still, it should be one of the more entertaining songs for a full band to play.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just hope that add in Mind too. That would be glorious.

In fact, I just hope that the include System of a down (the album, not the band, though by the band). That contains all of their best songs, full-stop.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    As I've said before, I ceased taking System of a Down seriously when I realized the lead singer sounds EXACTLY like Will Ferrell. This revelation took me about twelve seconds. So to me they sound like Spinal Tap Mark II, only less funny.

I don't mind them, though the lead singer, both in looks and somewhat in sound always reminded me more of Frank Zappa. Just not as cool.

And Journey? Really? :?

Aoi on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I just hope that add in Mind too. That would be glorious.

In fact, I just hope that the include System of a down (the album, not the band, though by the band). That contains all of their best songs, full-stop.

Sugar would be pretty awesome to do, but it would be almost all talky. Maybe they really worked on fixing those parts for RB2?

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aoi wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I don't mind them, though the lead singer, both in looks and somewhat in sound always reminded me more of Frank Zappa. Just not as cool.

And Journey? Really? :?

You have no idea how many people are going to go nuts for journey. Shit every time I have been to a karoke bar there is someone belting out journey... this is going to be huge. Not for me... but you know... people.

corin7 on
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I heard through the tubes there is going to be some variety of Turbonegro in RB2, which makes me all kinds of excited. I've been waiting for a TRBNGR song in GH/Rock Band since the first Guitar Hero.

Don't really care which album it comes off, either, so long as it's not the song they did for Age of Conan, which is uncharacteristically awful.

W2 on
  • Options
    Magik_TekMagik_Tek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Magik_Tek wrote: »
    Harmonix would be swimming in Scrooge McDuck money if they got all three platforms, especially the Wii version, on the same level.

People want Rock Band, but stunts like that will only hurt them in the long run. They've pretty much have lost any chance of winning over the Wii crowd to GHWT unless they can hit a home run with Rock Band 2.

This

This, so hard

Half the reason I bought a 360 was Rock Band, because the fact that they just ported the PS2 version of Rock Band and added the first round of the 360 version's DLC as some kind of compensation is unacceptable

I mean, come on, even Guitar Hero 3 had online play on the Wii for God's sake. Maybe the lack of it and DLC is to be expected (lol wii) but why no custom characters or world tour?

Yeah, it's extremely disappointing that they couldn't at least get some sort of online functionality into the Wii version. Not having World Tour was very lame when it's really just an extended solo tour.

When it comes to Custom Characters, I can sort of understand why they wouldn't do it since streaming four set of notes, including over drives along with custom characters while keeping everything sync'd can be tough on the Wii.

As for DLC, I think it was an issue with Nintendo at THAT time not giving developers outside of their own the library/code to do it nor the code to stream data from SD Cards. But now there's no excuse for RB to not have DLC since it's obvious that Nintendo has given the green light to developers to start including DLC.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with DLC on the Wii version of these rythem games, it's just a pain in the ass dealing with the low memory and SD Card transferring.

Magik_Tek on
    PSN: Fear_Magik
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When it comes to Custom Characters, I can sort of understand why they wouldn't do it since streaming four set of notes, including over drives along with custom characters while keeping everything sync'd can be tough on the Wii.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they didn't do that because of the storage limitations on the Wii.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    I could really do without anything from System of a Down

HEY.

Go listen to their debut album, toxicity and steal this album!. Their probably the only nu-metal band other than deftones that is worth a damn.

Their latest 2 albums don't really stand up to quality though. :(

I really liked Mesmerize and Hypnotize, other than the dual release it got when both albums could fit on one disc.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so a little under a year ago I posted
    If they happen to include Everlong on the retail disc, I will be surfing to game store on a wave of joyous tears.

and now they do this. Right after the Diablo III and Chrono Trigger DS announcements. Did I hit a karma jackpot or something?

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Actually, I'm pretty sure they didn't do that because of the storage limitations on the Wii.

there is no way that the background FMVs for each and every song take up less space than the custom character models and skins.

Besides, Wii discs are the same capacity as 360 discs, remember?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, no custom characters are due to it being a PS2 port, not due to the power of the system.

It'd no more difficult to draw the notes over a performance than it is to draw a HUD in any other game.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Tim JamesTim James Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any word on a PC release?

Stop laughing!

Tim James on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think you can answer that one yourself, duder.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif