As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forums - Awesome Job!

2»

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pheezer wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    Sky wrote: »
    In general, I like these forums, but the "Negative Nancies" tend to come out of the wood work for any thread regardless of what it is about.

I think the moderators do a good job, but why aren't the "negative" type posters getting stern talkings to about their behavior?

A couple of threads I start, I see the same person(s) regularly bashing and being ridiculously mean to me, and over the stupidest things to. Then I get blamed for the thread I started, but someone else decided to trash.

Surely, I cannot be the only one who notices this.

For reference, this is the "Gang of Daggers" guy.

Yeah, it really is important to keep in mind that Sky is completely insane. Also that he's bitching about negativity in a thread created specifically to thank the administration for keeping this place so good.

Like I said, completely insane.

Even google agrees.

LewieP on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    Sky is batshit.

Tube on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    *hops on congratulatory bandwagon*

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I've briefly ventured into a few other fora. I like PA very much. The mods are cool and funny, occasionally a bit scary, but mostly, deservedly, cos a poster is potty or wrong. Admin people are scrummy, too.

I like it here.

Thank you.

Very much.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    In general, I like these forums, but the "Negative Nancies" tend to come out of the wood work for any thread regardless of what it is about.

I think the moderators do a good job, but why aren't the "negative" type posters getting stern talkings to about their behavior?

A couple of threads I start, I see the same person(s) regularly bashing and being ridiculously mean to me, and over the stupidest things to. Then I get blamed for the thread I started, but someone else decided to trash.

I've been hanging around PA for over a year and haven't really noticed this. Do you have any examples?

Stipulate that they can't feature the phrase "A Gang Of Daggers".

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh you poor bastards, you actually think we are good.

suckers

Accualt on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Oh you poor bastards, you actually think we are good.

suckers

Good in the way that doing pushups is not as bad as trying to water ski on a lake of molten glass.

MKR on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    tube, why you gotta go an be so negative, i think sky wants to give you a stern talking to.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The first quest in A Gang Of Daggers: The Game will be to slay 100 hedgehogs.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Please don't ever do a 'revamp' of the colour scheme, this forum has to be the best I've seen on the internet for readability/reducing eye strain. :)

tldr; Longcat is long. PA forum is best forum. :^:

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Great forum. I only wish there were a way to set it to display/hide sigs and avs based on where I'm logging in from. That way at home I can actually see everybody's shit. Though it does look so nice and clean without them.
    I would turn sigs off if I didn't have to make sure no one is posting with some 5mb 3040x1920 png in their sig

It's why I'm so bitter

Couldn't you just have the software check posts for rulebreaks and flag them for you deal with?]
    ninjaedit: Though I guess you'd still have to scan for content.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pheezer wrote: »

For reference, this is the "Gang of Daggers" guy.

Yeah, it really is important to keep in mind that Sky is completely insane. Also that he's bitching about negativity in a thread created specifically to thank the administration for keeping this place so good.

Like I said, completely insane.

Even google agrees.

this is the most bizarre thing

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/680487/EXCLUSIVE_Joseph_Staten_Interview.html

scroll a few comments down

Centipede Damascus on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    heh

LewieP on
  • BomanTheBearBomanTheBear Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I too would like to pitch in and say how much I like this place. I'm a /b/tard on the side, and it's good to have a forum where people don't immediately subscribe to John Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory. You probably don't see too much of me actually posting on the forums, but being at a slow-moving job, I am an avid lurker. I recognize pretty much everyone's names, know how many infractions they have, and why (because typically, the reasons are fucking HILARIOUS). All the mods seem like people I would actually hang out with (including Tube). So great job, everyone, from the lowly plebian forumers all the way up to the almighty admins. This is one of the best forums I know of.

BomanTheBear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    Shit I wouldn't even hang out with all the mods

Tube on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd hang out with Jeff.

So I could watch Maddie get him in trouble.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I would not mind hanging out with Orikaejim.

MKR on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    round of applause.

it's always the forums that are the most heavily moderated that are the nicest to be in

MikeMan on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    turning them off also makes life bearable for 56k users, although it's still pretty much a big joke.

When I had to use Netzero while my DSL modem was being replaced, their image compression service was a godsend.

Sigs I don't mind loading. What I do mind is people putting images being spoiler tags instead of linking. People are going to have to click to get to 'em anyway. <.<
    We throw cards for this. If there's a large or NSFW image posted in a spoiler, you should report it.

I was of the understanding that it was spoiler for H-scroll, link for filesize/NSFW. Am I mistaken?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    turning them off also makes life bearable for 56k users, although it's still pretty much a big joke.

When I had to use Netzero while my DSL modem was being replaced, their image compression service was a godsend.

Sigs I don't mind loading. What I do mind is people putting images being spoiler tags instead of linking. People are going to have to click to get to 'em anyway. <.<
    We throw cards for this. If there's a large or NSFW image posted in a spoiler, you should report it.

I was of the understanding that it was spoiler for H-scroll, link for filesize/NSFW. Am I mistaken?
    This is, in fact, the case.

Thanatos on
  • gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've never understood that, since now that each post has its own width, a large photo only screws up the text wrapping on its own post -- the rest of that page in the thread is unaffected and as readable as before.

gilrain on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    gilrain wrote: »
    I've never understood that, since now that each post has its own width, a large photo only screws up the text wrapping on its own post -- the rest of that page in the thread is unaffected and as readable as before.
    It's mostly a courtesy thing. We don't generally infract for that, unless it's especially egregious.

The NSFW/filesize thing, though, we hella infract the shit out of you for that.

Thanatos on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    round of applause.

it's always the forums that are the most heavily moderated that are the nicest to be in

Some of the Christian forums are borderline North Korea with the heavy mod-hand. This place manages a medium that I am very happy with.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PA forums are the only ones I've stayed with more than a few months, mostly because it's so well done. Easy to read, easy to post, and the idiots get kicked out pretty quick.

Mr Pink on