As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All hail the king of the mice

• Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    GrimReaper, what the heck makes you think people buy the DeathAdder simply because of the glowing blue LED?

The DeathAdder really is an awesome mouse and it even has benchmarks to back it up.

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    squirly wrote: »
    GrimReaper, what the heck makes you think people buy the DeathAdder simply because of the glowing blue LED?

The DeathAdder really is an fuckspensive mouse and it even has OOH PRETTY GRAPHS to back it up.

:P

Seriously though, if you like it then use it.

Just keep your mitts off my intellimouse

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have absolutely no idea how people use those trackball mice. I've used one a few times, and it's so unintuitive and slow. :| Maybe my brain just isn't advanced enough...

Kris on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kris wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea how people use those trackball mice. I've used one a few times, and it's so unintuitive and slow. :| Maybe my brain just isn't advanced enough...

I have the sensitivity bumped up on mine a bit, and I'm always able to just SPIN THAT THING around if I need to.

That and I couldn't fit a mouse in my old setup, so I had to learn how to use a trackball.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

The DeathAdder really is an fuckspensive mouse and it even has OOH PRETTY GRAPHS to back it up.

:P

Seriously though, if you like it then use it.

Just keep your mitts off my intellimouse
    Haha. Intellimouse? Don't get me started on that abomination!

Just kidding, I still have like 4 of them around here. I remember when laser mice were new and my dad and I saw one in a computer store and picked one up.. and it was the original MS one! I used that for many years (I think) and than got a 3.0 (I don't care for the 3.0 to be honest) and than a 4.0 which I used for many years (Which I'm sure of) and I still have it in really good condition.

I won a lot of gaming tournaments with that mouse and took it to many LANs. It'd be awesome if they re-released it like they did with the 3.0.

I hate Logitech mice.

squirly on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I got one of these the other day
    15928ab0db64.jpg
    EB were selling them for fucking $80! I got it for $30.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    logitech_mx_1000_laser_cordless_mouse_blogimage.jpg

I'm using this, it's the bees knees

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I got a Deathadder off of Woot for $25. I likes it, I do I do.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    The Man with No NameThe Man with No Name __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I find with trackballs its better if you have mouse that lets you use the thumb rather than the fingers. Also, you can crank up the sensitivity to be a lot higher on a trackball mouse because you have a lot more precise control over the motion. I remember after having used a trackball for years I tried playing counterstrike with a push mouse and I had to crank the sensitivity up to the max to approach the level of performance I got with a trackball.

I want to make a keyboard thread but I don't know what the starting topic should be.

The Man with No Name on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    LaCabra wrote: »
    I got one of these the other day
    15928ab0db64.jpg
    EB were selling them for fucking $80! I got it for $30.

Is the paint job just supposed to look like you took a bat to it... or did you take a bat to your mouse?

I like my MX 1000 just fine, but the middle button is starting to wear out. Some days it clicks just fine, other days I almost have to put my whole body weight into pressing it to get it to register..

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    img_18111_logitech_g9_mouse_3.jpg

TWO bodies.

The variable scroll wheel that will click or run smoothly.

On the fly sensitivity changing.

Colour changing LEDs...!

Weight cartridge.

Side buttons.

I mean, it's stupidly expensive, but since Logitech gave me mine for free (oh, the perks of working at a computer store), I have to say it's a damned good mouse.

Also, that apple mouse posted a few pages earlier really is the worst thing mankind has ever come up with. Well, either that or the apple puck mouse.

Brolo on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is the paint job just supposed to look like you took a bat to it... or did you take a bat to your mouse?

They all look like that.

I have no idea why.

It looks so shabby.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    cctex823cctex823 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The people's king

MarbleFX.jpg

cctex823 on
    datnguyensig1.jpg
  • Options
    The Man with No NameThe Man with No Name __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Ball is on the wrong side.

The Man with No Name on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    cctex823cctex823 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ball is on the wrong side.

You're using the wrong hand.

cctex823 on
    datnguyensig1.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    imac-mouse.jpg
    Seriously, all those 'fancy' mice look like they are Akira.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like my MX 1000 just fine, but the middle button is starting to wear out. Some days it clicks just fine, other days I almost have to put my whole body weight into pressing it to get it to register..

Mine is like that too. I remapped it to that silly little button between the forward/back buttons, it works pretty well.

The Deathadder seems nice, but the LED kills it for me. Seriously, the only thing emitting light on my desk should be my monitor. I don't want LEDs in my goddamn keyboard or mouse.

Fats on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

They all look like that.

I have no idea why.

It looks so shabby.

I actually have a MX518SE that has the exact same features of the 518, but is painted in red instead of that horrible pockmarked look.

41WaWDxgcPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The lighting on that picture shows it poorly, but it's definitely just a glossy red in person. Purchased for something like $29.99 new at a local Target.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

They all look like that.

I have no idea why.

It looks so shabby.

I actually have a MX518SE that has the exact same features of the 518, but is painted in red instead of that horrible pockmarked look.

41WaWDxgcPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The lighting on that picture shows it poorly, but it's definitely just a glossy red in person. Purchased for something like $29.99 new at a local Target.

I have the 510 version of that same mouse, the paint has worn off the little meta logitech logo circle thingy.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rolo wrote: »

We had these in my shop, but nobody wanted them because they are the ugliest mouse ever.
    Yeah, it's just the style I guess. It's perfectly smooth to the touch, so it's not a matter of ergnonomicity or anything. Apparently it's holographic.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, it's just the style I guess. It's perfectly smooth to the touch, so it's not a matter of ergnonomicity or anything. Apparently it's holographic.

wait

you mean to tell me that mouse isn't all dog-toy feelin'? I had always assumed those things were actual, physical pock marks, 'cause man that sure is what they look like.

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've been using the OP's mouse at work for the last few weeks in place of a crappy HP ball mouse, and frankly I hate it. It's too small, too light, the side buttons are on both sides and have a very loose felling, and it's not cordless. This thread made me dig out my old Logitech Mx1000 to bring into work with me on Monday.

I use a MX Revolution mouse at home and I really, really like it. There's a good chance I buy another one to use at work if the Mx1000 dies in the near futute.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rolo wrote: »

We had these in my shop, but nobody wanted them because they are the ugliest mouse ever.

That mouse looks like the most comfortable mouse ever made, especially the case thing that makes it wider. I want one but I haven't gotten around to justifying spending like $100 on a mouse.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

The DeathAdder really is an awesome mouse and it even has benchmarks to back it up.

look, if you try to move your mouse at 2m/s that means you cross your mouse pad in less than a tenth of a second. the high track speed is useless kinda like 21.1 surround sound would be.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    mx2.jpg

MX Revolution for the motherfucking win.

How comfortable is it? You cannot imagine. Shiftable scroll wheel? Epic.

All other mice fail.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What the heck ever happened to the force feedback mouse :|

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    whitekrowwhitekrow Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    31N7ENCV2ZL._AA280_.jpg

is the only mouse anyone ever needs

whitekrow on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Pajama_Man wrote: »

I still have one that Logitech made. Game support was weak and to be honest, it wasn't that great anyway. The nice thing was the haptic feedback.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    bent wrote: »
    logitech_mx_1000_laser_cordless_mouse_blogimage.jpg

I'm using this, it's the bees knees
    *sniff* I lost mine in a horrifying cat/orange juice catastrophe that messed up the buttons, no amount of cleaning could fix the damage that had been done :(

I like my Razer Diamondback, its smooth and the buttons are nice and clicky. The software is ugly and clunky though, luckily the mouse works fine without it.

I just ordered a SwissGear Spyder for my new laptop, it looks really neat. Anybody have one of those?

MarvellousM on
  • Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    Pajama_Man wrote: »

I still have one that Logitech made. Game support was weak and to be honest, it wasn't that great anyway. The nice thing was the haptic feedback.

I misread that as hepatic feedback. Do badly in a game and it gives you liver failure.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fats wrote: »

Mine is like that too. I remapped it to that silly little button between the forward/back buttons, it works pretty well.

The Deathadder seems nice, but the LED kills it for me. Seriously, the only thing emitting light on my desk should be my monitor. I don't want LEDs in my goddamn keyboard or mouse.

The LEDs can be turned off through the software.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That Logitech G9 looks awesome..
    gneGne wrote: »
    Fats wrote: »

The LEDs can be turned off through the software.
    And it's not seen unless you have a way of moving your mouse with your mind.

squirly on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    The true king

10037147.jpg

Hey, h5!

^5 to you as well. This is what I use and I'll stand by it forever.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    My Copperhead now likes to double-click on single clicks and at my friend's house it'll randomly switch off and on. Time to switch to a different brand.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The FlippyD killer

new_940927_4.jpg

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wow, that is definitely the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

I mean different strokes and all, but yeesh.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, that is definitely the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

I mean different strokes and all, but yeesh.
    Yes to both of those things.

Work: some simple Dell dealie. It's slim and comfortable.
    work_dell.png

Home: MS Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. Thick, tall, accurate. Took me a while to get used to though.
    ms_nat_lsr_6000.jpg

I'm a fan of fairly simple peripherals. I'm getting ready to buy a mouse for my Macbook, and it seems I'm gonna have a heck of a time finding something nice yet simple and non-colorful.

I'm so boring. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Pretty sure you can use whatever mouse you want on your mac.

Even if it looks like robot poop.

Seriously though, on the MS natural mouse, how does one hit the button labeled "5"? Why is even there?

Also, for the buttons labeled "4" (and tons of mice do this), do you lift up your thumb to switch which button you hit or do you use your knuckle or what? I don't understand how that button layout works. Whenever I try to use a mouse that has those 2 side buttons my mouse is flying all over the place or I'm constantly hitting the wrong button.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "5" is just the battery life indicator... but I never pay attention to it. The mouse not responding all of the sudden is all the indication I need. I set "4" to be "Forward" so I've got a forward and backward button for browsing. Normally my thumb rests just below those two so I only have to move it up a little and kind of "rock" my thumb forward to hit the button, or back to hit the back button.

Re: the mac mouse. I want something that does wireless bluetooth without a dongle thing.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    ms-sidewinder-mouse.jpg

I have one of these.

Pretty comfortable.

W2 on
This discussion has been closed.