As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come Play GR2!

Valkyrie FDValkyrie FD Registered User regular
edited January 2005 in PAX Archive
Just want to let you all know I will be demoing GR2 in San Francisco next Sat. Come check it out and if you "beat" me on it, you can win something... I think all of you fans are really going to love this game as some of the new features are cool, including a little tumble roll you can do when laying down now and the engine upgrade. Let me know if you are going to make it so I can look for you! Also, the World Cyber Games is going on at this time as well in San Fran, so make a weekend of it! Some of the other Frag Dolls will be demoing some cool PC games, including the new Myst! But you BETTER come play GR2 with me!

WHEN: Saturday, October 9th, from 10-6pm
WHERE: Courtyard Marriott Downtown
299 2nd Street
WHY: Cause it is going to be one of the best games of the year! WOOT, WOOT!

FD_sig_Valkyrie.jpg
Valkyrie FD on

• QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    How does this apply to PAX in any way?

QuizMaster on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    QuizMaster wrote:

Because she's a Frag Doll and they were at PAX.

And they haven't really gone out of the PAX subforum really. :D THey should...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

Do you really want them to run away in fright that fast?

Moriveth on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

And for the unintiated, a frag doll is what exactly?

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Orthanc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

One of Microsoft's marketing things - it's a group of girl gamers that like shooters, specifically Xbox shooters.

or something like that

FyreWulff on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    FyreWulff wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

One of Microsoft's marketing things - it's a group of girl gamers that like shooters, specifically Xbox shooters.

or something like that

Actually, it's Ubisoft's thing. They work for Ubisoft, are girls and can kick some ass.

As far as I know, at least.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

Yes we do, some of us. ;) I'm a constant G&T lurker, even if some of the people who post there are all tempermental about me "selling out" for noting Ubisoft games I like. :p
    Orthanc wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

We're a ubisoft-sponsored professional female gaming team. Much fun. We competed in (and won) the Black Arrow tournament at PAX. Since that was our first official team tournament, and since PAX was so much fun, these forums are near and dear to our hearts.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    That is so cool. Not to sound too Hillery CLinton-esque. But P-A is like a village. And it takes a village. To do what I don't know. Maybe to feel cozy.

graizur on
  • Valkyrie FDValkyrie FD Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    lol, i guess i have to make my way over to the other forums.. hope to see some of you guys we meet last time in San Fran! :lol:

Valkyrie FD on
    FD_sig_Valkyrie.jpg
  • GT RacerGT Racer Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Frankly, i'm not at all excited about GR2. I LOVED ghost recon, but from every preview i've seen, they've dumbed it down to something you could barely even call a Tom Clancy game.
    3rd person? 1 4-man fire squad? Normally with sequels they expand upon the base game and add more to it. Here is seems like they're taking away from it. I'm sure all the grenade chucking kids i had to deal with in my 10 minute foray into Socom(after which i shelved it for good) are going to love this game. ME? i think they shoulda come up with a new franchise for it and kept the GR name for something that adheres to that formula.
    An addition, the game is going to be designed for xbox, then ported to pc. When they put the 3-year old console first in terms of design importance, you're already headed down the wrong path. Certainly wont be expecting mind-blowing stuff now.
    Now I have a question for the girls, and be honest :)
    If ubi comes to you and asks you to practice at a game that you think is a piece of crap, do you still do it?

GT Racer on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2004
    GT Racer wrote:
    If ubi comes to you and asks you to practice at a game that you think is a piece of crap, do you still do it?
    I think they have to unless they want to be fired :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited October 2004
    i can tell you right now the GR2 builds i've played are fun as HELL.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2004
    I may make a trip to SF just so I can borrow Valkyrie's lighter again.

Red Machine D on
    edited October 2004
    My lighter is always available to you Red and I would love to see you there as I KNOW i will recognize you, tee hee. Are you going to wear that cape again?

Anyway in regards to the question of playing games if we think it is crap, I have not had that happen yet. In fact, I played most Ubi games BEFORE i got my job EXCEPT for GR which I found moved to slow and focused on sniping too much (i am more of a close combat person). I actually like GR2 much better and will be playing this game becuase I enjoy it (no i am not paid to say that!) The have upgraded the engine tremendously so it runs very smooth aynd movemnet is much faster now, so i dont feel like i am crawling when i am scoped in and can make it closer to opponates then before.

Not to mention, I have played R63 for almost 2 years and that is how the movement feels on GR2 so I am happy. ALSO, I still choose First Person View on this game and dont play in 3rd person. I think it was a great move to allow both views on a game becuase that means I will have more people to play with becuase all preferences can be catered to.

Frankly I am very happy with the game as it has some new features in it I havent seen before. One of the modes really is a blast and a lot of fun becuase the first person to get a kill is targeted by the rest of the team who seeks to kill him to become the target. The great thing about it is that whoever is the "target" gains special abilites that the others can't do. Very ingenious and alot of fun to play! Not to mention, the online capabilites will be great and alot of fun. In short, I am simply a fan of all the clancys which is one of the reasons i got my job in the first place! Cant wait to see you guys there. ; )

Valkyrie FD on
    FD_sig_Valkyrie.jpg
  • MrFisticuffsMrFisticuffs It's Easter, bitches. REJOICE. Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    One of the modes really is a blast and a lot of fun becuase the first person to get a kill is targeted by the rest of the team who seeks to kill him to become the target. The great thing about it is that whoever is the "target" gains special abilites that the others can't do. Very ingenious and alot of fun to play!

That sounds just like the Halo match type my neighbor is always kicking my ass at.

MrFisticuffs on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    The first time some one told me about this "frag dolls" thing, it sounded like something lame that G4 would come up with.

Now, not so much.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2004
    My lighter is always available to you Red and I would love to see you there as I KNOW i will recognize you, tee hee. Are you going to wear that cape again?
    Heh, if I come to this thing and win, do I get a date with you as a prize? ;) :P

Seriously though. This may be interesting enough to warrant a trip. I havent been to SF in years, it'd be fun.

Val, I was kidding about the date thing, you can put the hammer down now... *backs off*

Red Machine D on
  • Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Jesus, Valkyrie's sig is as big as my ego.

Storm Shadow on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2004
    Jesus, Valkyrie's sig is as big as my ego.

Dont think that ones possible ;)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2004
    Wait, where is this?

Unknown User on
    edited October 2004
    lol, I have to admit the first time I read about Ubi looking for gamers I thought it was a joke to. However, out of SHEER desperation and excitement I wrote to them. THis is any gamers dream come true and I am very blessed. The thing about us frag dolls is (and anyone that met us can verify) our eyes light up and we can't control ourselves when talking about games. The best part of our jobs is being around other hard core gamers that were we dont have to justify how much time we spend gaming and that know exactly what we are talking about. I can't even talk to my normal friends about gaming or my job. : (

Well hopefully we will see you guys in San Francisco. Once again it is at the Courtyard Marriot Downtown
    299 2nd Street
    in the SOMA room
    this Saturday from 10-6

Hope to see ya there!~

Valkyrie FD on
    FD_sig_Valkyrie.jpg
    edited October 2004
    so how did it go?

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited October 2004
    It went pretty well, altough I would have liked to see more people. What was nice about it was all that came were die hard fans who are always fun to be around. I am not just saying this cause I work for ubi, i am a gamer first but: this game is fricking sweet as candy. It really is such an improvemetn over the first one and I can't wait for it to come out. I am so bored right now with my online games, i have been playing and beating tons of titles that arent on live, lol.

Valkyrie FD on
    FD_sig_Valkyrie.jpg
    edited October 2004
    Yeah, I got a chance to play some while i was down there and it's pretty fucking hot. I'm sure you got more people in that hotel than WCG did tho. ;)

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Tj.Tj. Registered User new member
    edited January 2005
    Indeed.

Tj. on
    Indeed.