As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jinxing.

124»

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    hahahaha i would have pulled out colors like 'puce' and 'cyan'

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh and we also have a version of punchbuggy where the person yells punchbuggy and starts beating on the other person until they guess the color.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We had a game called Mackerel back at school. If you farted you had to say "mackerel" before anyone else did. If you did, you were safe. If someone else heard your fart and called "mackerel" before you did then they were allowed to punch you continuously until you named 5 types of fish.

Also:

378ow5.gif

TheRealBadger on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    at my school we have this game where there are a number of signs you can make with your hands, and when you make them the opposing gang gets to shoot you with their guns

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Also:

378ow5.gif

I was having the shittiest day. Nay, the shittiest week.

You sir, salvaged this week.

Thank you.

GRMike on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    People that punch me in the arm get a shot to the sack. That's my rule.

Meiz on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    sorry dude, but there are many variations on jinxing
    for instance my brother and I often followed the rule of double and triple jinxing

we would do that and keep going until someone messed up

also personal jinxes, which neville says don't exist

he also talked right away and hasn't bought me my coke

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    my roommate and i have a game that we don't call anything
    it is just hiding-the-marmalade
    it is a small package of marmalade that came from like, a denny's or something
    we used to hide it around the house - it will soon start up again

for the longest time we'd put it in things like shoes, or cereal boxes, or on doorhandles, things like that

then one day, david won
    he taped it to the inside of my bath towel and as i dried off in the morning i got a face full of packaged-marmalade
    it hurt

mully on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mully that same thing happened to me once only it was a big spider

#pipe on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mully wrote: »
    my roommate and i have a game that we don't call anything
    it is just hiding-the-marmalade
    it is a small package of marmalade that came from like, a denny's or something
    we used to hide it around the house - it will soon start up again

for the longest time we'd put it in things like shoes, or cereal boxes, or on doorhandles, things like that

then one day, david won
    he taped it to the inside of my bath towel and as i dried off in the morning i got a face full of packaged-marmalade
    it hurt

Yeah I've done this with a lot of things before. Plastic octopus was the most recent. My favorite place for it had been in the tea kettle. It was found pretty quickly but it looked so classy.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh, are we talking about made-up games now?

Jordyn and I made up a game called 'Tanker Roulette.'

You play it when you're driving down the highway. When you see a tanker truck driving along, you pull up real close behind it, and whoever's riding shotgun climbs out on the hood of the car, and taps the tanker like a keg. Then they drink whatever's in the tanker.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone play the penis game in highschool?

It was fun, and pretty immature. All you had to do to start it was say, as softly as you could but loud enough for a friend to hear it, penis. And then they had to say it just a little bit louder, and so on and so on until you get to the point where one of you either has to yell it, or lose the game.

Also, me and my friend have this game called awkward moment. If we're standing somewhere in public, like say an elevator filled with other people, we start it without even looking at eachother. To start, all you do is cough. Then the other person says, 'Did you say something?' and you respond, 'No, I just coughed'. Then you try to start sentances at the same time, and again at the same time, politely excuse yourself and try to get the other person to finish what they were saying, which in usually something like 'I was just gonna say that the weather is nice...' and trail off awkwardly. Then rinse and repeate.

It's a fun game, and if you do it right, you can make it look like you're having a really awkward conversation in public.

I only have one friend who I play that game with, because me and him can just naturally play off each other. We also play fake rage, which is the same public game, but with getting increasingly mad at each other over nothing, and having a long drawn out arguement for everyone to hear.

One time it was about a hypothetical question, 'If robots became humonoid like in I Robot, would they have to sit in the back of the bus?'

That was awkward and rage filled.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone play the penis game in highschool?

It was fun, and pretty immature. All you had to do to start it was say, as softly as you could but loud enough for a friend to hear it, penis. And then they had to say it just a little bit louder, and so on and so on until you get to the point where one of you either has to yell it, or lose the game.

Also, me and my friend have this game called awkward moment. If we're standing somewhere in public, like say an elevator filled with other people, we start it without even looking at eachother. To start, all you do is cough. Then the other person says, 'Did you say something?' and you respond, 'No, I just coughed'. Then you try to start sentances at the same time, and again at the same time, politely excuse yourself and try to get the other person to finish what they were saying, which in usually something like 'I was just gonna say that the weather is nice...' and trail off awkwardly. Then rinse and repeate.

It's a fun game, and if you do it right, you can make it look like you're having a really awkward conversation in public.

I only have one friend who I play that game with, because me and him can just naturally play off each other. We also play fake rage, which is the same public game, but with getting increasingly mad at each other over nothing, and having a long drawn out arguement for everyone to hear.

One time it was about a hypothetical question, 'If robots became humonoid like in I Robot, would they have to sit in the back of the bus?'

That was awkward and rage filled.

I've never lost the penis game

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    oh man I love the penis game

so much fun

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Then either you don't have friends who don't mind yelling penis in the middle of study hall or you are that friend.

I've lost to that friend.

A Lot.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I have that friend

and he is just barely less self-conscious than me, so when we play he wins

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BoredGamer wrote: »
    I'm posting this because I keep trying to jinx people, and they either don't know what I'm talking about, or stubbornly refuse to stop talking until I say their full name.

So, this is the deal, right? If we say the same thing at the same time, I get to say jinx. And that means you can't talk until I say your name. If you do talk, I get to punch your arm. OK? So don't look all hurt and angry when I punch you. You broke a jinx, you deserve it.

And another thing, if I ask you a really easy question, then say the answer at the same time, then shout JINX at you, don't say "well why did you ask me if you know the answer, and why did you just shout jinx?"

Because if you DO say that, you'll be talking whilst jinxed, and by GOD, I will punch you. (In the arm.)

Consider this posting a formal notice, served to the world.

You must be some kind of faggot.

sarukun on
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Koshian wrote: »
    no dudes bloody knuckles is the best game

this

though everyone plays different everywhere i go

California we just traded shots until someone bled, couldn't punch anymore, or whose hand had gotten so swollen he couldn't punch without hurting himself

utah they play it like slaps where they hit the top of the knuckles and you had to move before they could, if they missed you get to go (which i thought was the lame way to play, though i did beat someone by just letting him hit me till his fingers got too sore once)

and then there was suicide which i played in California which was like world war wallball that was the best game

a few years ago we actually started one that came up after i went to nickelcade for my birthday

we kept finding nickels we had misplaced previously and had been unable to use

since nickels pretty much suck we just slid them in to other peoples pockets when they weren't paying attention

then we got to playing street fighter and my friend was so concentrated on winning that he had something like 3 dollars in loose change by the time he stood up

that is the best game

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    we had a game called "What"

you go up to somebody, and with thier complete attention, say a complete sentense to them. it could be a complete off the wall sentense, or complete nonsense. No jibberish. If that person says "what?" its a point, if they say "huh?" its a half point.

we had everybody playing it by the end of senior year. janitors, teachers, the principal.

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is bloody knuckles the same as Combs? Also, I didn't know that quarters was a drinking game until I already had deep scars on my knuckles from the junior high version.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Everyone knows "Slug Bug", right?

I've come up with a new variant.

"Cruiser Bruiser".

It's whenever you see a PT Cruiser.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

"Cruiser Bruiser".

you mean... Punch Buggy, right?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Caulk Bite wrote: »

"Cruiser Bruiser".

Yeah, that's what the queers call it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    One night we were playing Sardine in a huge house. Sardine is pretty much hide and seek, but backwards. One person hides and everyone else has to find them and squeeze in near them.

We had about 20 people playing and at one point we had 18 of the people hiding under the same bed. There was 2 people left that were taking forever.

It was dead silent as we waited. Then all of a sudden from the back of the bed we heard a very faint whisper

"penis..."

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    When people jinx me I start darin them to hit me, and when they try I push them into things and start hitting them and kicking them and just being a huge asshole.

I love it, and they deserve it.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

"Cruiser Bruiser".

Cruisin for a Bruisin has been around for a bit I'm pretty sure

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

"Cruiser Bruiser".

Says the Optimus Prime that let himself be impregnated by Megatron.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

"Cruiser Bruiser".

He ain't my baby daddy.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

"Cruiser Bruiser".

He ain't my baby daddy.

I'm sorry, I meant Perceptor. the pretentious fag.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It was Soundwave

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Projeck wrote: »