As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sansa Connect: ZüNE U R B0NED

TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
I kid, I kid. Still, this thing looks pretty awesome ... for you anti-iPod types.
SanDisk was quite a bit more accepting of our touching urges when it came to the Sansa Connect, so we got to spend a little bit of quality time with the unit. The screen was plenty bright, sharp and sizeable considering the form factor, and while the design imparts a bit of a pudgy look to the player, there's really not a lot of bulk here. We're fans of the simplistic interface, but since not a lot of the functionality was in "live" mode, it's hard to tell how effective the unit will actually be at managing all of its wireless sharing and syncing functionality.

Source + More Pictures Here: Engadget

3yo4xop.jpg

2cglsh5.jpg

Terrorbyte on

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have a Sansa e250 and I really enjoy it. What is this, though? I notice the friends list thing. Is it more of an online enabled mp3 player? It looks like a phone without a number pad.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    I'm a bit interested. Is the wheel an actual wheel?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Echo wrote:
    I'm a bit interested. Is the wheel an actual wheel?

If it is anything like the one I have, yes, yes it is. It works quite well for quickly scanning through music.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would not name my product after a character from A Song of Ice and Fire. That's just asking for all sorts of disasters to befall what you're selling.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    This actually looks really neat.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I thought it was a joke at first, but every day I have more of an urge to buy a Zune just to piss Terrorbyte off. :o

Also, this pudgy lil' guy looks neat. I'm still undecided btween about 5 different mp3 players now for the past 2 years, so.... yeah.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It gets +2 Interest Points if the battery is replacable.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Echo wrote:
    It gets +2 Interest Points if the battery is replacable.

I can open the case on my e250 and take out the battery, if that means anything to you.

Cokomon on
    post.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Cokomon wrote:
    I can open the case on my e250 and take out the battery, if that means anything to you.

As long as I don't require power tools to open it, I reckon that's replaceable enough. There's always someone selling maching batteries online.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, all you need is a glasses screw driver or something similar.

Cokomon on
    post.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would not name my product after a character from A Song of Ice and Fire. That's just asking for all sorts of disasters to befall what you're selling.
    Maybe they are hoping that the comkpetitors will die like most of the characters in A Song of Ice and Fire.

Couscous on
  • Options
    MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cokomon wrote:
    I have a Sansa e250 and I really enjoy it. What is this, though? I notice the friends list thing. Is it more of an online enabled mp3 player? It looks like a phone without a number pad.
    I also have a Sansa e250 and love it, this looks like a really nice little device. Pity my wife would kill me if I bought it.

MarvellousM on
  • Options
    JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Holy fuck, I must have one. It's been a long time since I wanted a particular electronic gadget so hard.

JWFokker on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey this looks pretty awesome.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey this looks pretty awesome.

You should seriously check out the CES junk on Engadget. It's like a gadget orgy.

Terrorbyte on