Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What should I play?

StragintStragint Do Not GiftAlways DeclinesRegistered User regular
edited July 2008 in Games and Technology
So I have a 360 and I'm looking for a new shooter game. I already have a few choices and I'm not really sure which I really want to play. I'm not looking for an amazing story line, just a good multi-player experience, something I can take onto Live and have a lot of fun with.

So the choices I've considered are:
Call of Duty 4
Bad Company
Unreal Tournament 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Army of 2

I've played a few of them and enjoyed them but I'm not sure if I want to buy them. Not really sure what kind of online experience they give. I've been leaning towards Unreal Tournament 3, I enjoyed all the others and playing multi-player was always really fun. Any impute is appreciate, I've been really bored lately.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
Stragint on

Posts

  • artooartoo Registered User
    edited June 2008
    Call of Duty 4. Best Live Game Eva!

    artoo on
  • XaevXaev Registered User
    edited June 2008
    You really can't go wrong with CoD4.

    Xaev on
    Steam - Lysus || XBL - Veax || PSN - Lysus || WoW - Lysus (Korgath - US) || Guild Wars - Lysus Yjirkar || Starcraft II - Lysus.781 || League of Legends - Lysus
    Feel free to add me on whatever network, it's always more fun to play with people than alone
  • FaffelFaffel Registered User
    edited June 2008
    CoD4 is fantastic, but I don't like any of the guns in the game. I haven't tried the PC version and suck on a 360, but it definitely is a great game if you can aim with a joystick I guess.

    Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've played all but Unreal, but I'd still say CoD4. Crazy shit happens to you in that game...which is extremely engrossing as long as you're cool with it being heavily scripted. Plus the multiplayer is awesome (at least if you're the kind of person who likes CoD multiplay and probably Counter-Strike).

    I'm playing R6:Vegas and I think it was a good buy for $20 (and a trade-in value of...$7). It's hard on me the way all Rainbow Sixes have been, but it's just easy enough to be playable. I wish I had played it before CoD4 though.

    Bad Company is maybe the best looking and sounding game I've played in a while, and the destruction was insane and visceral the first time I played it. I'm just not sure if I can get into the Battlefield gameplay. So I guess if you're into Battlefield, buy it.

    Army of Two is definitely a bargain bin buy, if you're really into shooting. I dunno, I got bored with it fast.

    Torso Boy on
    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    CoD4. Great single player and great multiplayer.

    Uncle_Balsamic on
    PQdy61j.jpg
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm serious. Shit happens to you.

    Torso Boy on
    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON IndiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Orange Box?

    TychoCelchuuu on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    UT3 is, unfortunately, not really better than UT99/UT2k4. Not sure if they've improved it a bunch for the 360 release, but they'd have to have done a hell of a lot of improving to bring it up to the standards set by the previous games in the series. CoD4 is extremely good. Not sure about the rest.

    Dehumanized on
  • CaffeinatedGuyCaffeinatedGuy Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Call of Duty 4

    CaffeinatedGuy on
    brick_bow_banner.png
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    CoD4 seems to be the most popular on live. I have yet to get it but I'm thinking I should if I want a game that a lot of people play.

    troublebrewing on
  • TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Call of Duty 4 is the answer.

    I've played the campaign three times, including a Veteran run, and I still go back and tear through a level now and then. And the online play is addictive as hell.

    Tiemler on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    COD4 is a good choice.

    What about Team Fortress 2 on the Orange box, though?

    slash000 on
  • artooartoo Registered User
    edited July 2008
    TF2 is crap on 360, the rest of the package is great though.

    artoo on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I bought CoD4 and I loved the single player mode though it was really short. After beating it in about 3 hours I began to play live and it was somewhat disappointing. I didn't think that almost every single person during a match would sit in a corner and camp. I expected an amount of camping in CoD4, its natural for this kind of game and would be weird if peopled didn't. But the magnitude of it was off putting. At least the maps are amazing.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I bought CoD4 and I loved the single player mode though it was really short. After beating it in about 3 hours I began to play live and it was somewhat disappointing. I didn't think that almost every single person during a match would sit in a corner and camp. I expected an amount of camping in CoD4, its natural for this kind of game and would be weird if peopled didn't. But the magnitude of it was off putting. At least the maps are amazing.

    Have you considered Halo? Do you already have it? If you're not looking for the tactical 'find a spot and control the map' style then it'll fit very well.

    Vegas 1 has an SP demo but it's very similar to 2. Bad Company has an MP demo available as well.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Orange Box?

    I also recomend this.

    Xtarath on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    CoD4 is awesome, but so is the Orange box
    although that was not in your original post, no idea why everyone is recommending it to you :p

    autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ThrustinJThrustinJ Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I'm not real sure if Army of Two is a recommendation of mine or not. It's a mediocre shooter at best with a fun but non-worthwhile purchase system for weapons all wrapped up in a political blanket and topped with pretty bad dialogue.

    ThrustinJ on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I bought CoD4 and I loved the single player mode though it was really short. After beating it in about 3 hours I began to play live and it was somewhat disappointing. I didn't think that almost every single person during a match would sit in a corner and camp. I expected an amount of camping in CoD4, its natural for this kind of game and would be weird if peopled didn't. But the magnitude of it was off putting. At least the maps are amazing.

    Have you considered Halo? Do you already have it? If you're not looking for the tactical 'find a spot and control the map' style then it'll fit very well.

    Vegas 1 has an SP demo but it's very similar to 2. Bad Company has an MP demo available as well.

    Yea, I have Halo 3 and after about two hours of CoD4 live I went to Halo 3. I like the CoD4 style of play, I just did not expect how much camping seems apart of live. I also do not enjoy having to level up to get new weapons and junk. It gives incentive to not suck but it still sucks when I have the burst fire rifle while people are running at me with a automatic. I've been switching back and forth between CoD4 and Halo 3.

    For Orange Box, yea, I'm not sure why its being suggested. I rented it, I loved Portal but TF2 sucked on the 360 compared to playing it on the PC. Playing on the PC is far better for me.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Stragint wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I bought CoD4 and I loved the single player mode though it was really short. After beating it in about 3 hours I began to play live and it was somewhat disappointing. I didn't think that almost every single person during a match would sit in a corner and camp. I expected an amount of camping in CoD4, its natural for this kind of game and would be weird if peopled didn't. But the magnitude of it was off putting. At least the maps are amazing.

    Have you considered Halo? Do you already have it? If you're not looking for the tactical 'find a spot and control the map' style then it'll fit very well.

    Vegas 1 has an SP demo but it's very similar to 2. Bad Company has an MP demo available as well.

    Yea, I have Halo 3 and after about two hours of CoD4 live I went to Halo 3. I like the CoD4 style of play, I just did not expect how much camping seems apart of live. I also do not enjoy having to level up to get new weapons and junk. It gives incentive to not suck but it still sucks when I have the burst fire rifle while people are running at me with a automatic. I've been switching back and forth between CoD4 and Halo 3.

    For Orange Box, yea, I'm not sure why its being suggested. I rented it, I loved Portal but TF2 sucked on the 360 compared to playing it on the PC. Playing on the PC is far better for me.

    I didn't find CoD4 to be too fraught with camping. My tolerance for it may be slightly higher though as I used to play a lot of CS. Maybe you just got caught playing with a bunch of twats? I'd advise to try and stick with it. Once my rank got high enough to be able to partake in the big team deathmatches I found it a lot more fun.

    exis on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm sticking with Call of Duty 4. I used to play CS also so camping isn't to huge for me but its still a pain sometimes. I'm starting to get used to it though. I do end up sucking for about 10 minutes after I switch from Halo 3 to CoD4, I momentarily forget what does what. If anyone wants to get some games going, my live account name is Dash Dashel.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • m3km3k Registered User
    edited July 2008
    BioShock... If you havent yet.

    m3k on
    Et tu, Brute?
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    m3k wrote: »
    BioShock... If you havent yet.

    Bioshock has multiplayer? AWESOME!

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hmmm, since someone already made the sarcasm post for Bioshock I wont go there. But I will say that I haven't played Bioshock in a long time because of the huge saving issue with the game.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hop over into the Halo 3 thread and play with those guys. As long as you're not a complete douche they'll be great to play with and it'll change your lone experience.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
Sign In or Register to comment.