As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Awesome MMORPG idea!

Nieless1Nieless1 Registered User new member
edited July 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I don't know about you, but I could really use a new pokemon fix. Imagine Nintendo dishing an MMORPG of Pokemon! Just imagine, massive pokemon ffa, roaming the globe for tournaments, actually being able to breed and raise pokemon, guild tournaments, and of course, classic catch em all. It would probably be the best selling MMO of all time, and I cannot understand why no one has come up with this yet! It would be perfect for nintendo to break into the PC world with this extraordinary idea, so why don't we put pressure on Nintendo to do so?

Repect,
Nieless1
Nieless1 on

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    You should probably have lurked for a bit longer.

Unknown User on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    You should probably have lurked for a bit longer.

Haha, aww. Just because his idea makes my brain hemorrhage a bit, doesn't mean we should put him down. He might have a point with the fact that it'd make a lot of money. I imagine it kind of like Disney's "Toon Town," where no one can actually talk to each other to keep the FBI from having to keep tabs on the game too.

I'd totally roll Squirtle.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    I'm not knocking his idea, but if he wants to sell us on it we need a bit more content. This is exactly what will happen when you pitch it to nintendo:

You: Pokemon MMO. Breed your own pokemon, roam the globe to find tournaments, find and collect the rarest of breeds.

Nintendo: Great. Love it. Tell me more.

You: ... Well I was hoping you guys would come up with the rest.

Unknown User on
  • PmoneyPmoney Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    1. Take Pearl/Diamond, convert to MMO. Free to play. Pokeballs cost 2 USD.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

Pmoney on
    Steam : Pmoney
    360 : ThePmoney
    Battle.net: Pmoney.thereal
  • KiithKiith Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It could actually work. If they took the basic game mechanics from the previous games, but made the breeding/training much (muuuuuuch) more indepth, i'd play it. And i'd join team rocket so i could look up your one's dress...i cant believe i just said that...

Kiith on
    The very existense of flame throwers proves that at sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves "I want to set those people over there on fire, but i'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nintendo hates online, and everyone who is online is a sexual predator, remember?

Lewisham on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    I just saw the thread title and instantly went "oh great, now I'll have to lock it."

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.