As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FINAL BYOC INFO! ALL BYOC ATTENDEES PLEASE READ!

• gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any other Seattleites want to form a group? We need to represent the local constituent by drinking copious amounts of coffee, wearing sandals with socks, and being really loud. Who's with me!

goggles on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    goggles wrote: »
    Any other Seattleites want to form a group? We need to represent the local constituent by drinking copious amounts of coffee, wearing sandals with socks, and being really loud. Who's with me!

Yeah, FFS... theres only one group on the chart at this point.
    If you people want to make my life more difficult at checkin start forming some groups :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

Yeah, FFS... theres only one group on the chart at this point.
    If you people want to make my life more difficult at checkin start forming some groups :P

Alas, I only have 2 friends!

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    28 tickets left!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I'm on board! :) Where be the thread?

Also, I haven't checked around, but as this will be my first BYOC appearance, is there sign-up going on for specific seats in the LAN arena?

Twinkie on
    edited July 2008
    The thread be here. Seriously, we don't need a separate BYOC thread for each group.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2008
    Twinkie wrote: »

I'm on board! :) Where be the thread?

Also, I haven't checked around, but as this will be my first BYOC appearance, is there sign-up going on for specific seats in the LAN arena?

did you read the first post in this thread? :P

Individual seats are first come first serve. There is only a seating chart this year for groups of 6 or more.

Last year specific seats was a nightmare, becuase people didnt follow the seating chart and just sat whereever they wanted anyway so thats done with.

BigRed on
    edited July 2008

did you read the first post in this thread? :P

Individual seats are first come first serve. There is only a seating chart this year for groups of 6 or more.

Last year specific seats was a nightmare, becuase people didnt follow the seating chart and just sat whereever they wanted anyway so thats done with.

No, I didn't. (=.=)"

Hmm... However, six or more... I will have to converse with my associates to see if this is a possibility.

Twinkie on
    edited July 2008
    Better hurry, seats are going fast.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Woop #74.

I just got my ticket up here in Canadia.

GeeCee on
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Greater Electronic Entertainment Kabal of Seattle, anyone?

Seriously, if you have a better "k" word than "Kabal," please let me know. <.<

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • FallFall Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Can groups reserve fewer than six spots? I have a total of four that wany to reserve for BYOC, with one more probable.

If not, should I just reserve six then try to resell/give away before the event any seats I don't need? Not being seated near my friends makes it harder to stratergize.

Fall on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ticket # 100010. These are really nice shiny tickets too.

The Deliverator on
    edited July 2008
    Fall wrote: »
    Can groups reserve fewer than six spots? I have a total of four that wany to reserve for BYOC, with one more probable.

If not, should I just reserve six then try to resell/give away before the event any seats I don't need? Not being seated near my friends makes it harder to stratergize.

It will be pretty easy to sit near your friends as long as you guys are all in line together or close to each other in line...

The group seating thing is to just reserve space for very large groups. For example the irc group has 36 seats... imagine trying to organize that in line :P
    For 5 and under it will be easy for you guys to just be like... hay... lets sit here.

BigRed on
  • ariocksayssqueeariocksayssquee Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    woot

Looking forward to the BYOC tournament announcements.

ariocksayssquee on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Greater Electronic Entertainment Kabal of Seattle, anyone?

Seriously, if you have a better "k" word than "Kabal," please let me know. <.<
    God, those are Extremely Exceptional Klown Shoes (G.E.E.K.S.) :D

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited July 2008
    I was thinking something along the lines of Seattle United, or anything simple like that. I do like the sound of a kabal though..

So far I think we've recruited the following chaps:

me
    Oz K. Fodrotski
    whypick1
    dyaballikl
    Twinkie

That's only five people. I know we can represent the home team with more than that. Where are all the Seattle people?

How about "S.U.C.K. - Seattle United Computer-Gaming Kabal"?

goggles on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yikes- I cut it close with the registration, there are only 6 slots left if the number only goes to 380...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was thinking something along the lines of Seattle United, or anything simple like that. I do like the sound of a kabal though..

me
    Oz K. Fodrotski
    whypick1
    dyaballikl
    Twinkie

That's only five people. I know we can represent the home team with more than that. Where are all the Seattle people?

I'm already part of the IRC group, sorry. Best of luck though, hopefully Greg Nickels doesn't come and tax the hell out of you or pass any retarded laws to make the event more "green" while he continues to not walk his own talk.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008

me
    Oz K. Fodrotski
    whypick1
    dyaballikl
    Twinkie

I'm already part of the IRC group, sorry. Best of luck though, hopefully Greg Nickels doesn't come and tax the hell out of you or pass any retarded laws to make the event more "green" while he continues to not walk his own talk.

I'm already using the bus, Nickels had better GET OFF MY BACK.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited July 2008
    So... I just bought a ticket for a friend and its # 380...

BigRed on
    edited July 2008
    Damn that was fast.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    Wicked fast. I hope everybody who wanted one got one.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    A couple questions I don't know if anyone can answer.

What games are we going to be playing this year as far as the mini hourly or bi-hourly competitions go?

Seeing as the exhibition hall is apparently doubled in size this year, I assume the old main theatre is being used as the other half of the exhibition hall and we are still directly across from it? (Assuming again that we are in the same room as last year). The location last year was pretty key and the less I have to haul around my swag the better. :D

I wonder where the main theater will be this year?

Zyzzyvas on
    edited July 2008
    Main theater will probably be upstairs where the line was, which will suck compared to how convenient BYOC was for everything last year.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited July 2008
    Zyzzyvas wrote: »
    A couple questions I don't know if anyone can answer.

What games are we going to be playing this year as far as the mini hourly or bi-hourly competitions go?

Seeing as the exhibition hall is apparently doubled in size this year, I assume the old main theatre is being used as the other half of the exhibition hall and we are still directly across from it? (Assuming again that we are in the same room as last year). The location last year was pretty key and the less I have to haul around my swag the better. :D

I wonder where the main theater will be this year?

Those mini tounaments will be announced later.

BYOC is in the same room (with pratically teh same layout) this year. Expo hall is across the skybridge from BYOC. Main theater is in 4A/B (where the lines were staged last year).

BYOC is still close to everything, but you will have to walk around to get to main theater.

BigRed on
    edited July 2008
    So I got werd that the ticket #'s dont reflect how many were sold becuase there was a block of numbers left out in the middle (the numbers jumped).

STILL NOT SOLD OUT

BigRed on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    STILL NOT SOLD OUT

quoted for yellowness.

tr0tsky on
  • SkorMTSkorMT Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I'd be up for that..

though I don't wear socks with sandals :D

SkorMT on
    edited July 2008
    SkorMT wrote: »

I'd be up for that..

Neither do I, but nevertheless...

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited July 2008

I'd be up for that..

That's because you're not a real Seattlite... !

Tevas + SmartWool = Ultra Fandom!!

Twinkie on
    edited July 2008

I'd be up for that..

Sandals are not the focus here, Twinkles! >.>

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited July 2008

Okay. That's scary. Seriously.

In fact, you'll see me wearing exactly that combination at pax.

David Coffman on
    edited July 2008
    SAGS - Seattle Action Gaming Superlative

me
    Oz K. Fodrotski
    whypick1
    dyaballikl
    Twinkie
    SkorMT

And it's Chacos with hemp/flax blend socks now.

goggles on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I never said "yes" for your group.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited July 2008
    And it's Chacos with hemp/flax blend socks now.
    Damnit you're right, except I never liked Chacos. And who said we have to keep up with the trends as a geeky representation of Seattle? ;)
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    Okay. That's scary. Seriously.

In fact, you'll see me wearing exactly that combination at pax.

:D I will join you!

Twinkie on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    STILL NOT SOLD OUT

quoted for yellowness.
    quoted for lemonness.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TwiztidKTwiztidK Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there some unwritten rule about bringing insanely awesome computers, or could I bring a computer thats not that great?

TwiztidK on
  • FallFall Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    #100521 - 100523 are mine!

Fall on
    edited July 2008
    TwiztidK wrote: »
    Is there some unwritten rule about bringing insanely awesome computers, or could I bring a computer thats not that great?

Most people are gaming on laptops.

As long as your computer can run TF2 you are good.

However my computer is insanley awesome, you can try and make me look bad IF YOU DARE

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.