As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassins Thread - Tell us what you liked/disliked!

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm signed up for the button echange, and this sounds like fun. (i did happen to win the first forum assassin game if anyone else was around back then before they wiped the forums) But my flight doesnt get in until noon on friday and i cant change it. Should i still sign up, or just wait for next year?

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'd say go ahead and sign up and if something happens to delay you we'll go from there. I should probably mention that we need people who will be there all 3 days for this to work right.

Unlike Patient Zero last year, the registration is just to give us a sense of how many will be playing and the number of supplies we need to order, each player will be registered into the system as playing when they receive their card, so should someone register but not show up, it won't break the game.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh, I'll be there all three days, friday saturday and sunday, but not thursday. Since it sounded like the buttons and badges were being handed out thrusday i wouldnt be able to get mine.

I know it would be more work for you, but i'm sure people would be willing to cough up a few bucks, if you mailed them out. I think It would make for extra fun to get an assassination target dossier in a a sealed envelope.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Reg-ed and ready to kill fools.

I won't be at the Pre-PAX dinner but at the Pub Crawl. Hopefully we can meet up to trade stuff to play.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    ReighvinReighvin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I will be there all three days, but I don't plan on going to the dinner or pub-crawl. I think somebody mentioned the possibility of having them mailed? I would throw some $$$ towards this to offset that cost if that is what you would have to do.

Reighvin on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I just had an idea. Back in the original thread someone brought up cruel to be kind and I gave it a look. I think we should rip off one of their ideas

THE BOOTY CLAUSE

Basically everyone invloved brings a piece of booty. An action figure, stuffed animal, or some little cool thing to act as a trophy. (something you are willing to give away)

when you kill someone, you give them your piece of booty to keep as a trophy. Like a little something to remind them, Hey, I remember killing that one guy at PAX.

P.S. If you collect some booty then get wacked, you just give up the booty you brought, then ones you have collected are yours for keeps.

what do you guys think? it could be a really cool idea, and wouldnt cost anything because you can just use something of yours you would be willing to give up.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Booty Clause sounds like something in the fine print of a rapper's record contract.

I like the idea, though.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I hope we do it, I already know what I want to give away

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's a cool idea, but I'm already bringing buttons for the button exchange and we'll have our assassin badges and our assassination target cards. If you were an extensivly succeful assassin then you would have a lot of booty. would have to be something small.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Reighvin wrote: »
    I will be there all three days, but I don't plan on going to the dinner or pub-crawl. I think somebody mentioned the possibility of having them mailed? I would throw some $$$ towards this to offset that cost if that is what you would have to do.

I'm going to set up an option to have the kit shipped, which will require a payment to cover shipping. That should be hopefully up this weekend along with more information on rules and such.

The Booty Clause sounds fun. I'm not going to make is a requirement, but anything you guys want to do like this that doesn't violate the rules or common sense is cool.

Also, first draft of the Assassin Cards!
    assassin_demo_actual.png

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Also, first draft of the Assassin Cards!
    assassin_demo_actual.png

OH GOD, IT'S THE RAINBOW ASSASSIN

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    mars: oh no it wouldnt be mandatory. Its just for people who want to do it.

but do you think you could put it as an optional rule in the op?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Mars, awesome. Thank you for adding the option to mail them (you know when you get around to it) and the badges look great. Did you specify where they are gonna be worn?

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    okay, I asked this at the last assasins thread, but I'll ask again anyways. I would like to participate, but I don't think I'll have the time or energy to, erm, hunt down others. So is there any way I can sign up to just be a target? Maybe there can be some system where up to five people have a chance to assasinate a target (such as myself) a day?

just throwing out ideas~

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    okay, I asked this at the last assasins thread, but I'll ask again anyways. I would like to participate, but I don't think I'll have the time or energy to, erm, hunt down others. So is there any way I can sign up to just be a target? Maybe there can be some system where up to five people have a chance to assasinate a target (such as myself) a day?

just throwing out ideas~

I say sign up, the more people the better the game will be. If you dont think youre gonna take the time to hunt poeple, you'll basically be just a target like you wanted, but if you happen to spot YOUR target, why not kill them. This world would be a much better place if everyone participated in highly organized murderings.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Petesalzl wrote: »

just throwing out ideas~

I say sign up, the more people the better the game will be. If you dont think youre gonna take the time to hunt poeple, you'll basically be just a target like you wanted, but if you happen to spot YOUR target, why not kill them. This world would be a much better place if everyone participated in highly organized murderings.

haha yeah, you have a point. and in the end, i'll probably just do that because i'm lazy.

Lyanth on
  • Options
    Labrack2401Labrack2401 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i love organized murder?!?! wait thats not right, oh wait it's PAX, so its all good

Labrack2401 on
  • Options
    Labrack2401Labrack2401 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I just had an idea. Back in the original thread someone brought up cruel to be kind and I gave it a look. I think we should rip off one of their ideas

THE BOOTY CLAUSE

Basically everyone invloved brings a piece of booty. An action figure, stuffed animal, or some little cool thing to act as a trophy. (something you are willing to give away)

when you kill someone, you give them your piece of booty to keep as a trophy. Like a little something to remind them, Hey, I remember killing that one guy at PAX.

P.S. If you collect some booty then get wacked, you just give up the booty you brought, then ones you have collected are yours for keeps.

what do you guys think? it could be a really cool idea, and wouldnt cost anything because you can just use something of yours you would be willing to give up.

I think that it would work as long as we kept the booty down to a manageable size, so something the size of a seven inch action figure and smaller would work the best

Labrack2401 on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I shall sacrifice a pin to the person who kills me!

edit: and perhaps some Canadian Smarties, if I haven't given them all out by then :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    southpark_terrancephillip_125x150.jpg

???

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

just throwing out ideas~

haha yeah, you have a point. and in the end, i'll probably just do that because i'm lazy.

Lyanth, I say go ahead and sign up if you're interested; Like Petesalzl says, the more players we get the more fun it will be! Speaking of which, there are 27 players registered!

The Relection, OP updated with the Booty Clause!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

I think that it would work as long as we kept the booty down to a manageable size, so something the size of a seven inch action figure and smaller would work the best
    like 7-inch mushroom man? XD just think about that!
    southpark_terrancephillip_125x150.jpg

???

:lol::lol::lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    alright! i'm all signed up. now i just have to figure out what booty to make/bring. xD

Lyanth on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    alright! i'm all signed up. now i just have to figure out what booty to make/bring. xD

stickers!
    YukStickerSheet_lg.jpg

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    hooray :)

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

stickers!
    YukStickerSheet_lg.jpg

YEAH MR. YUK! I <3 him!

Lyanth on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

stickers!
    YukStickerSheet_lg.jpg

YEAH MR. YUK! I <3 him!

He knows where all the tastiest drinks are!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

stickers!
    YukStickerSheet_lg.jpg

YEAH MR. YUK! I <3 him!

I sure love me a drano margarita.

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

stickers!
    YukStickerSheet_lg.jpg

YEAH MR. YUK! I <3 him!

I drink blue juice from under the sink.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

stickers!
    YukStickerSheet_lg.jpg

YEAH MR. YUK! I <3 him!

I drink blue juice from under the sink.

The reason mommy doesn't want me drinking the magic juice under the sink is because she won't share, the selfish bitch.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    thunderclap8thunderclap8 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    this sounds like a good time, I'm in!

thunderclap8 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Welcome! Looks like there are more PAX goers in NC than I thought!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    thunderclap8thunderclap8 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thanks! I'm a first timer and just registered for the forums, but really can't wait! Are you in NC too?

thunderclap8 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yes I am. There are a few more people on here from NC too, but it always surprises me to see people close by on the forums.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    okaay, all im gonna say is that you people are going to want to kill me, because the booty I have is at an epic level of excellence

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    WTB [Booty]. PST

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I haven't signed up yet, but I likely will. I just can't get on the site from work. :D

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    okaay, all im gonna say is that you people are going to want to kill me, because the booty I have is at an epic level of excellence

like I need a reason to want to kill people.

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

like I need a reason to want to kill people.

haha why does this not creep me out? oh, right, because we're PAXians.

Lyanth on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I've decided what to bring as the loot my assassin will find on my corpse.

Also i noticed a lot of the threads say now with more... this should be updated to say assassin thread, now with more booty

Petesalzl on
This discussion has been closed.