Tw4win wrote: »
Regarding installing XP on an Intel based Mac...
1) One of my clients has a system where they can boot up in OS X but can access windows based applications (such as Outlook, etc...) without actually switching to a Windows desktop. I'm assuming that somewhere in the background windows is running. How would I set this up and which application (bootcamp, parallels, vmware) is best for this?
2) Assuming the above, how does the mac resolve font issues? Will it use windows fonts (installed in the windows OS) or mac fonts?
3) How much space should I allocate for a Windows installation? Assuming that I'm only going to be using "basic" windows applications (Office, Photoshop, Indesign, Quark, etc...). No games.
4) How much memory would you suggest for running Windows and OSX at the same time with 1 or 2 applications open in each? I currently have 2 gigs and can upgrade to 4.
5) Is is possible to installed a OEM version of windows on a Mac? I have a OEM version that came with my Dell. I'd like to use that (if it's legal) instead of buying another version of XP