As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Goozex thread: free game no longer avaliable, also: European network starting up

• LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    On the handheld front, I am currently bouncing between God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ninja Gaiden DS, and between the two I'm tempted to write off my consoles entirely. Two of the finest action games I've played in a long time, and while I actually didn't like God of War II, the PSP installment feels more enjoyable for some reason. I was initially going to run through GoW quickly and throw it back on Goozex for a quick turnaround but I might actually keep it.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    With the way the economy is, who knows when Goozex points will be worth more than the dollar. Maybe a few months from now those points will be worth twice as much!

Won't you feel stupid?

Yes, I will be quite the fool if that happens. But what will you do when the Goozex market acts like it is 1929 all over again and crashes? You will be left with worthless points that can only be used to get copies of Superman 64 and E.T. for the 2600!

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My problem right now is that all of my active requests seem to be pretty stagnant while many of my on hold requests are moving up in line pretty rapidly. The temptation to activate a few of them is great, but I must resist...

hnauuuuuuuuugh

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There isn't much of a reason to stock up on points, it's just that when you first start using the system it can be pretty easy to just keep accepting requests for your games and the points just keep coming. Just getting rid of my old GC games and some PC games I racked up about 7,000 points, plus the freebie points. Considering that my only home console is a Wii right now, most of the games I want have a decent wait time on them, so I'm not actively using those points, but my active requests would just about use all of my points if they were all to find a match.
    I have 4,000 points, and 4 games in my active requests would use 3,500 of them. I'm just ready and waiting.

Waiting is a good thing to do right now though, because I just went through 3,000 points on DS games in the last 3 weeks. I got a DS for my birthday and when I added games to my list for the DS, I got matched up for 8 of them. :) My backlog is ridiculous now.

Once the points are used up, and as I finish games and relist them, things should balance out where I have requests on hold, then when I trade off something and get enough points, I activate it and get it. So on and so forth.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    There isn't much of a reason to stock up on points, it's just that when you first start using the system it can be pretty easy to just keep accepting requests for your games and the points just keep coming. Just getting rid of my old GC games and some PC games I racked up about 7,000 points, plus the freebie points. Considering that my only home console is a Wii right now, most of the games I want have a decent wait time on them, so I'm not actively using those points, but my active requests would just about use all of my points if they were all to find a match.
    I have 4,000 points, and 4 games in my active requests would use 3,500 of them. I'm just ready and waiting.

Waiting is a good thing to do right now though, because I just went through 3,000 points on DS games in the last 3 weeks. I got a DS for my birthday and when I added games to my list for the DS, I got matched up for 8 of them. :) My backlog is ridiculous now.

Once the points are used up, and as I finish games and relist them, things should balance out where I have requests on hold, then when I trade off something and get enough points, I activate it and get it. So on and so forth.

I should have been a bit more judicious with how many games I requested as Active; I severely underestimated how quickly I'd match, which is why I'm juggling five new games at once now.

My request queue is clear now, though, and I'm not getting instantly matched for other offers as I was before, so now I'm in a bit of a holding pattern but that helps me actually play the games instead of just trading them incessantly.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i have my abundance of points since i was able to get matched up on a bunch of big games recently. plus i have ridiculous game add so i f i have too many games i never finish any of them, so i am holding off on getting too many games at once so they get play time. plus by waiting, point requirements do come down, so i can bargain shop a little more

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll grab Kane & Lynch if it goes down another hundred points. (Or if I get another referral.)

Daedalus on
  • ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    They should shift the 1000 point cap upwards a bit and change it so that 1000 points = $60. Right now there is simply no incentive to trade brand new or rare games.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Or just start listing 1200 point games.

freakish light on
    edited July 2008
    They should shift the 1000 point cap upwards a bit and change it so that 1000 points = $60. Right now there is simply no incentive to trade brand new or rare games.

I thought I had read somewhere that they were increasing the cap to 1200 points. Somewhere on their forums, I'll poke around to see if I can find it.

Lunker on
    edited July 2008
    Lunker wrote: »

I thought I had read somewhere that they were increasing the cap to 1200 points. Somewhere on their forums, I'll poke around to see if I can find it.

They did, and then there was an enourmous backlash, so they changed it back.

And you're buying a new game for $60. What's the point of spending $60 in points on it? $50 used for something that's $60 new seems more than fair.

Daedalus on
    edited July 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »

They did, and then there was an enourmous backlash, so they changed it back.

And you're buying a new game for $60. What's the point of spending $60 in points on it? $50 used for something that's $60 new seems more than fair.

Yeah, getting almost 85% of your money back is a hell of a deal, and better than you're going to get anywhere else.

As to rare games, if you really want the appropriate amount of points for it, eBay it and then use the profit to buy the points. I think the 1000 point cap is perfect.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is there a list anywhere (besides the OP) for awesome 100pt games by system?

Zenitram on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

The incentive is that if you don't like the game you can trade it back while only losing about $10. Otherwise you can get $10 from Gamestop.

urahonky on
    edited July 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

The incentive is that if you don't like the game you can trade it back while only losing about $10. Otherwise you can get $10 from Gamestop.

Or you can get the game from Goozex, if you don't like it you can trade it back on goozex, and you're out one trade credit ($1) and shipping.

Daedalus on
  • Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    2200 points to spend, 1500 points in the request queue, 1350 in the offering queue and 6 trade credits.

9 games received, 3 of them with negative feedback. 10 games sent, all positive.

I've done pretty good on Goozex, I think.

Regicid3 on
    edited July 2008
    Ok so I'm a newbie when it comes to Goozex, and I have a question. If I wanted to put up my copy of Guitar Hero (PS2, w/ guitar) for sale, do I pay for shipping or does the buyer? If I pay I think it would be best to just sell the game and find someone in person to buy my guitar.

Zenitram on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zenitram wrote: »
    Ok so I'm a newbie when it comes to Goozex, and I have a question. If I wanted to put up my copy of Guitar Hero (PS2, w/ guitar) for sale, do I pay for shipping or does the buyer? If I pay I think it would be best to just sell the game and find someone in person to buy my guitar.

Seller always pays shipping.

You can list GH as full package (with guitar) or disc+manual or disc only. If you don't want to ship the guitar, just don't do full package.

EDIT: There are two listings for GH. One with guitar and one without. If you ship the guitar it's worth 350 extra points.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The buyer never pays for any kind of shipping.

ed: I think there's a version of GH2 that's Game Only that you can do full package on.

freakish light on
    edited July 2008
    This is pretty much the best thing ever, I already have two games I plan to ship tomorrow (RE4 GC and MGS3: Subsistence). It's like free money, the only catch being I have to spend a tiny amount of money to get it, and I can only spend it on games.

Zenitram on
    edited July 2008
    Are games cheaper if you want the disc only? Douches stole my Mass Effect disc but not the case/manual.....

Zenitram on
    edited July 2008
    Zenitram wrote: »
    Are games cheaper if you want the disc only? Douches stole my Mass Effect disc but not the case/manual.....

Nope, same price unfortunately.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Regicid3 wrote: »
    2200 points to spend, 1500 points in the request queue, 1350 in the offering queue and 6 trade credits.

9 games received, 3 of them with negative feedback. 10 games sent, all positive.

1/3 of your received games you gave negative feedback on??

Yeesh. What happened?

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
    edited July 2008
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    Regicid3 wrote: »

1/3 of your received games you gave negative feedback on??

Yeesh. What happened?

FF8 - Disk 1 didn't work.

ArmA - The post office denied the package and it got sent to Goozex offices. He got the points and the feedback, but I didn't lose the points.

Crysis - Again, the post office denied it and it got sent back to the seller. It was really unfortunate as the seller had an amazing feedback score and we kept in constant communication.

The PO had my last name spelt wrong, thankfully though only 2 out of the 8 games I requested were sent back. I feel really bad about the guy who sent me Crysis though. Also, I just got a match for STALKER! woot, I also have Crysis (again) LE and Vampire: Bloodlines on request.

Regicid3 on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    while i didn't get it through goozex, i highly recomend new super mario bros for the DS if you haven't played it yet. i know it came out 2 years ago but i just got a DS so there

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    titmouse wrote: »
    titmouse wrote: »
    I confirmed a game right after it was supposed to be sent months ago. Any way to complain about not getting it or am I screwed?

why did you do that? I should add that to the OP.

I had extra points waiting after I confirmed I had received it. I didn't lose any money or anything so I don't care that much, but I would like the game.

PM the user and ask what's up, but you might be screwed, since it was months ago. If it was just around the three-week mark I'd say to e-mail feedback@goozex.com, but it might be late for that. Then again, I guess that's worth a shot too.

Nah he's fucked. You can't claim you didn't get it, if in fact you already said that you got it. Goozex will likely think you just don't want the game, didn't like it.. whatever.

Some guy actually gave me positive feedback the same day I confirmed a trade. I still sent the game out... but I thought it was pretty funny.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited July 2008
    mts wrote: »
    while i didn't get it through goozex, i highly recomend new super mario bros for the DS if you haven't played it yet. i know it came out 2 years ago but i just got a DS so there

Shit, that reminds me of my DS collection that I can pawn off too (I barely use my DS Fat anymore).

Zenitram on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I missed a trade because the notification got sent to my spam inbox.

Arrrrgh...

Mr Pink on
    edited July 2008
    Wow, I got matched for Crysis with the guy who originally sent it to me. I just sent him a PM explaining why his package was denied and told him that he can accept without fear.

Regicid3 on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I am new to Goozex. After reading this thread I decided to sign up. I put some games on my Offer list. Huzzah for Eternal Sonata being worth 900 points! I guess now I sit back and wait for a match? Then ship out the game huh?

Full package does mean Case + Disc + Manual right?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited July 2008
    Axen wrote: »
    So I am new to Goozex. After reading this thread I decided to sign up. I put some games on my Offer list. Huzzah for Eternal Sonata being worth 900 points! I guess now I sit back and wait for a match? Then ship out the game huh?

Full package does mean Case + Disc + Manual right?

Yup, just wait for a match.

Full Package means case+disc+manual+any other crap that came with the game.

Daedalus on
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gah, I don't know how you people can have so many points sitting around!

I guess it's the collector in me, but I've pretty much run out of games to trade out (except Suikoden IV, but I can't see -that- moving any time soon). I'm about ready to head off to EB or Wal-Mart or something and pick up some cheap games that are worth more on Goozex...

100 points left, but 17 trade credits. This is painful.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    huh, I know I wasn't first in line for Tales of the Abyss a couple days ago and had been fifth in line forever, but I got a match today. Too bad he's about to time out, I really want to play TOA before TOV comes out.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • In Starscream We TrustIn Starscream We Trust Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you're looking for ways to make Goozex points on the cheap I suggest checking out their forums on the deals section. I was able to snag CoD4 for 38 bucks new through Amazon, which was turned around for 1000 on Goozex. Of course this only works on games with good demand, which CoD4 has slowed down abit (after nearly 400 trades, geez).

In Starscream We Trust on
    tf2_sig.png
    9dominations-1.jpg
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Woah. I need to finish uncharted while it's still 1000 points.

Gorilla Salad on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Reznik wrote: »
    Gah, I don't know how you people can have so many points sitting around!

I guess it's the collector in me, but I've pretty much run out of games to trade out (except Suikoden IV, but I can't see -that- moving any time soon). I'm about ready to head off to EB or Wal-Mart or something and pick up some cheap games that are worth more on Goozex...

100 points left, but 17 trade credits. This is painful.

I mostly just use it for games that I actually want to play

PiptheFair on
  • BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    so I'm trying to decide wheather to put up Twin Snakes for trade. I havent played it since it came out and I only got half way through since I had already beat the original 10 times and the new cut scenes werent enough to keep me interested. on the one hand theres zero up for trade and 76 requests so I'd go out immediately but on the other its only 350 points which dosent seem like much for something with sugh a high demand and low supply.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You can get 40 bucks for it on eBay.

Just saying.

Gorilla Salad on
  • MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Basticle wrote: »
    so I'm trying to decide wheather to put up Twin Snakes for trade. I havent played it since it came out and I only got half way through since I had already beat the original 10 times and the new cut scenes werent enough to keep me interested. on the one hand theres zero up for trade and 76 requests so I'd go out immediately but on the other its only 350 points which dosent seem like much for something with sugh a high demand and low supply.
    If it makes you feel any better, I have it in my request queue.

...okay that doesn't help at all. :P

I would like to strike a deal with you about it though if you don't wanna gouge me like everyone else seems to be doing on eBay and Amazon.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Basticle wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I have it in my request queue.

...okay that doesn't help at all. :P

I would like to strike a deal with you about it though if you don't wanna gouge me like everyone else seems to be doing on eBay and Amazon.

I would also like to strike a deal for it with you if the poster before me hadn't beat me to the punch. Damn you sir!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg