As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I knew today was gonna be special!

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Social Entropy++
Dawn of War II.

New trailer up!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36030.html
And because it's still awesome the teaser!
Dawn of War 2 Teaser
This is one of my favorite games ever and the best thing to happen to Warhammer 40k since Jes Goodwin. Unfortunately the release date is "coming soon" but everyone should be excited about this.

I know I am.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I thought they said they were aiming for a 2009 release.

Shujaa on
  • FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh man, this looks too good.

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Shujaa wrote: »
    I thought they said they were aiming for a 2009 release.

I missed that, all the THQ site says is coming soon. Not even a mention for what quarter?

But thankfully it isn't 2010 or some shit like that...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    VIGILANTE 8 IS ALSO COMING BACK

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    stupid site maitenance

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, it sucks, doesn't seem like it has found its way to youtube yet either.
    Unless it is that 30 second thing that was added a month ago D:
    I read on their community forums whilst looking for a mirror that
    someone spotted eldar units in the video.

Which gives me a total boner, because they are my favourite.

stimtokolos on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It went up on Kotaku a little while ago, and yes, there are Panzees in the video.

But who thought there wouldn't be, really?

Tonkka on
    edited July 2008
    Just watched it, I didn't know for sure if they would include them, so do we start guessing the fourth race from here?

I'm hoping not chaos, even though the current trend seems to point there, I think Relic might make a choice to move away from even coming close to just mirroring space marines. Really doesn't bother me. Eldar and IG were my favourite races, I've got one of them to tide me over until the inevitable expansions so I'm set.

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I was never too excited about Chaos, but played their campaign all the way through anyway.

Orks, Necrons, and IG are the three I switch between the most. I only dabble in the rest (except I never play Eldar).

Tonkka on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You guys have to promise to play online a bunch when this comes out, because there is no way in hell I am playing with the G&T guys on this one. The people over there that play DoW are scary.

Kane Red Robe on
    edited July 2008
    I played Orks a little in Dark Crusade, but when I went to an internet cafe one night with some friends and tried to play as them in Vanilla DoW, I fucking sucked.

I never really played Winter Assault, and haven't played Soulstorm.

I fucking loved Hell Hounds when I played guard, I generally kept the 3 base squads and never let them die, just danced around people and flew from place to place using the tunnel system. Once I got the hounds I would go a couple of sents or if I was in control of resources I'd get a bassy. Because really, if you can afford earthshakers those things rock hard.

There better be plenty of online play in SE++ of this when it finally comes out. Gonna get my Fleet of Foot boner real hard in anticipation.

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008
    I've only ever played a couple of games online, but if people are willing I'll do it more often.

As long as everyone realizes I suck.

Tonkka on
    edited July 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I've only ever played a couple of games online, but if people are willing I'll do it more often.

We could play team games when it comes out I guess? I don't have a copy I can use online anymore though, I was using a friend's version, we used to play LAN mostly.

My experience with online was pretty lame too, I had two dudes ragequit on me, finding a match took a while, and one guy bitched about me in the main chat channel telling me I had created a new account so I could play the lower ranked players in ranked match. He was going for like 15 minutes.

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »

We could play team games when it comes out I guess? I don't have a copy I can use online anymore though, I was using a friend's version, we used to play LAN mostly.

My experience with online was pretty lame too, I had two dudes ragequit on me, finding a match took a while, and one guy bitched about me in the main chat channel telling me I had created a new account so I could play the lower ranked players in ranked match. He was going for like 15 minutes.

The only time I played online was with people I knew in a private room. Otherwise forget it.

Tonkka on
    edited July 2008
    Well it is decided, we should play when it comes out.

stimtokolos on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Before or after the circle jerk?

Hunter on
    edited July 2008
    During?

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008
    Good answer

Hunter on
    edited July 2008
    It's all the same to me.

Tonkka on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    boring

today (technically tomorrow) is special because at midnight i get my MA results back after a fucking year of sleepless nights deliberating and coffee-fuelled writing sessions and panicked moments of plot-hole revelation

essentially if i don't get a perfect score i'm going to kill myself

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DoW feels so slow

Zoolander on
    edited July 2008
    You mean like in one hour? Good luck man I hope you do well. (You do live in Australia right?)

t Zoo, what are you comparing it with?

stimtokolos on
  • ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You mean like in one hour? Good luck man I hope you do well. (You do live in Australia right?)

Red Alert 2 and StarCraft

Zoolander on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2008
    Are you blogging about it and crying?

Hunter on
    edited July 2008

fifty one minutes to be precise, but hey. it's not like i'm watching the clock

...biting my thumbnail. leg bouncing up and down. pacing over to the sink ever thirty seconds to fill up a glass of water, sip a bit, then empty it out. watching the clock again.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited July 2008

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2008
    man if the level scaling is anything like what it was in oblivion i'm going to cry. and buy the pc version

i really don't want to buy the pc version

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Zoolander wrote: »

Red Alert 2 and StarCraft

In terms of game length I think dawn of war is faster, I always remember starcraft games actually taking time.

So I guess I'm talking in terms of game length.

If you look at the top player on the Dawn of War Dark Crusade ladder, his average game length is just over 8 minutes.
    33games, total time 4 hours 32 minutes.

Next guy is 22 minutes, that is fairly long if I remember. That guy is an Imperial Guard player, they often rock out in the late stages of the game though. I forgot where I'm going with this.

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008
    Teefs it's ok, we can fix it together.
    I'm not from NMA and I will still enjoy it even if it is like oblivion

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2008
    oh hey E3 starts today and its already depressing

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888731p1.html
    In fact, Fallout 3 is very much Oblivion in a post-apocalyptic world.

SIGH

Yeah I know but the Rock-It Launcher sounds pretty cool

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited July 2008

[Deleted User] on
    edited July 2008
    You just gotta believe man. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
    edited July 2008
    that said, apparently the guy put two hundred hours into oblivion. if i somehow managed to sit through that much oblivion i'd be seeing it in my fucking dinner bowl

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Teefs it's ok, we can fix it together.
    I'm not from NMA and I will still enjoy it even if it is like oblivion
    Its just that Fallout is really good! And Oblivion isn't! arghhh

Fallout is really good, I know. Maybe if they made it like Morrowind with guns it might be better. I promise it will get fixed though, just like some people fixed oblivion, kind of.

stimtokolos on
    edited July 2008
    aaarghg the student webpage is down this always happens oh no i need a beer i'm going to have a heart attack

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    oh hey E3 starts today and its already depressing

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888731p1.html
    In fact, Fallout 3 is very much Oblivion in a post-apocalyptic world.

SIGH

That's from IGN though, I think it's more of a case of the writer not knowing how to make a decent comparison.

Brolo on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    damn it, teefs

look

eeey.png

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kane Red Robe on