As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ottogi brand instant [chat]!

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is it worth watching the entirety of the Microsoft E3 press conference?

japan on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I forget, the Wii comes with one Wiimote, right?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »

Yes.

japan on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    japan wrote: »
    mtvcdm wrote: »

Yes.

No, it comes with negative zero of them.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Drez, come to Alt Phalla and guess who was who.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think Drez fundamentally misunderstood my use of the word "gimmick."

I was referring to stuff like not-word answers, not thematic consistency.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Pub pub pub tonight, so goodnight for I won't be back till tomorrow. I'm bored otherwise I wouldn't have even posted because it's not as though i'll be locked in conversation with anyone.

Goodnight and good luck.

Johannen on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Ugh, I swear my friend's girlfriend is such a head case sometimes. Last night at work she broke down into tears, literally sobbing on my shoulder, because she couldn't decide what GE classes to pick for next semester.

Girl is way too high strung.

Is this the one who likes you? Because maybe she's working on the pity with the whole sobbing on the shoulder thing.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Somebody just sat at the stop sign cranking a cover of ‘I Want You to Want Me.’

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It just sank in that in less than a week I will be spending three weeks in a place where I won't have regular internet access, and may not have any at all.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    It just sank in that in less than a week I will be spending three weeks in a place where I won't have regular internet access, and may not have any at all.

This would be a good time to sign up for a Phalla.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Good crosswords, like the New York Times crossword, incorporate wordplay, lateral thinking, and internal references. You can't generate that with a computer, which is why the NYT crossword is still written by humans.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I should just get a book of them

I like crosswords but not worth buying a whole paper for

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also: Will Shortz is awesome and Wordplay is a good documentary.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »

This would be a good time to sign up for a Phalla.

Man, Snow Crash Phalla completely wore me out. I probably won't Phalla again until the time comes to run mine.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I should just get a book of them

I like crosswords but not worth buying a whole paper for

The New York Times Crosswords product for the DS is one of the best uses of $10 ever.

Also, you can play one old NYT crossword puzzle per week for free without signing up on their website.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    For some reason, I have never liked crosswords. Which is really weird, because I love words and have quite and extensive vocabulary.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I’m stupid and crosswords are too difficult for me. This is true of nearly any word game or logic puzzle.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'd be doing it on the train most likely

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am happy because I lose two and a half pounds after three weeks of my weight staying the exact same. Wooo

Tav on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

:winky:

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Winkliché.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ITT: stil turns into a spanish harlot

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Also: Will Shortz is awesome and Wordplay is a good documentary.

I plan on watching that. And yes, he is.

Some people consider the thematic nature gimmicky, which is why I misunderstood the other guy. Who was it, Inquisitor? Too lazy to check.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    ITT: stil turns into a spanish harlot
    My name is Rosa.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    stilist on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Ugh, I swear my friend's girlfriend is such a head case sometimes. Last night at work she broke down into tears, literally sobbing on my shoulder, because she couldn't decide what GE classes to pick for next semester.

Is this the one who likes you? Because maybe she's working on the pity with the whole sobbing on the shoulder thing.

Man that's a pretty fucked up tactic, if that is the case.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Seriously, if you have a DS, and you have even a passing interest in crossword puzzles, there's no excuse not to pick up the NYT Crosswords game. It's $10, and it is grand.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    No DS and nexus is poor

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    poor like a FOX

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I bought Drez beer and he took all my moneys

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

Man that's a pretty fucked up tactic, if that is the case.

Pity sex?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That’s some pretty bad beer.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

he took my moneys too but i didn't buy him beer first

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2008

Seriously, if you have a DS, and you have even a passing interest in crossword puzzles, there's no excuse not to pick up the NYT Crosswords game. It's $10, and it is grand.

$10? Seriously? Hmmm. I do love my crosswords.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Yeah, it got a price drop a while ago.

I like the single-cart multiplayer feature. Two people with two DSes can collaborate on the same puzzle in real-time. My ex and I used to do that a lot. It's a lot easier and more fun than going "what's a five letter word for 'meat injection' that starts with P?"

Feral on

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I like the single-cart multiplayer feature. Two people with two DSes can collaborate on the same puzzle in real-time. My ex and I used to do that a lot. It's a lot easier and more fun than going "what's a five letter word for 'meat injection' that starts with P?"
    Easier? Maybe. More fun? I doubt it.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

PENIS!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sweeeeet Rock Band 2 tracklist looks pretty good. Especially "I Was Wrong" by Social D. Awesome.

JPants on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2008

PUNCH

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.