As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Think Up The Worst Possible Super Powers

12346»

• DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    theSquid wrote: »
    The ability to pass wind through an orifice of your choice.

Does said orifice have to be a part of your body? Or just an orifice, anywhere in the world?
    :winky:

Deicist on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tallus wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    The ability to pass wind through an orifice of your choice.

Does said orifice have to be a part of your body? Or just an orifice, anywhere in the world?
    :winky:
    *Sniff*
    I don't remember eating that...

"That's because you didn't eat it..."

see317 on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Making other people break wind from any hole god drilled into their bodies is -far- to cool to be included in a list of "worst" super powers.

In fact that's one of the few powers that would be of great use irl. Want to keep those horny teenage boys away from your daughter? Make them (or her) spew foul smelling gas from their mouthes.

Boss at work getting you down? Give him the 24/7 treatment and see him retire early for health reasons!

This stuff writes itself!

Caveman Paws on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You sick fuck.

That's awesome!

Crimsondude on
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That is one of those powers, though, where if you're in a world where people regenerate back from a single cell or fly or teleport you'd be all "Man, this is nice and all, buuuuuut...." Kind of like Cypher.

Pb on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the ability to never bleed

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Does the blood well up inside your body and then burst forth through your skin at rather inopportune moments?

Cyvros on
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Does the blood well up inside your body and then burst forth through your skin at rather inopportune moments?

That would suck for a woman.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    edited July 2008
    I got one. You know all those old wives tales, and quasi urban myth type beliefs that people have? For example, eating carrots makes you see in the dark, masturbation makes you go blind etc etc.... your power is that for you, all of those are true.

In the 50s smoking reduced your blood pressure and makde you feel great, now pretty much anything can give you cancer. Have fun with that.

Also, a couple of variations on the theme:

Superstition Boy (if he finds a penny and picks it up, all day long he'll have good luck... but if he breaks a mirror he's fucked)

the Karma Kid (when he's doing good deeds nothing can touch him, but god forbid he should think a bad thought about someone)

Deicist on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I got one. You know all those old wives tales, and quasi urban myth type beliefs that people have? For example, eating carrots makes you see in the dark, masturbation makes you go blind etc etc.... your power is that for you, all of those are true.

In the 50s smoking reduced your blood pressure and makde you feel great, now pretty much anything can give you cancer. Have fun with that.

Superstition Boy (if he finds a penny and picks it up, all day long he'll have good luck... but if he breaks a mirror he's fucked)

the Karma Kid (when he's doing good deeds nothing can touch him, but god forbid he should think a bad thought about someone)

Old wives tales, lol.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited July 2008
    Faynor wrote: »

Old wives tales, lol.
    Spend all day curled into the fetal position rocking back and forth, never moving from that spot again, after that one fateful day and a crack in the pavement.

see317 on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This thread wouldn't be complete without a nod to the classic.

Walken as Ed Glosser: Trivial Psychic
    (ed - stupid non-working aol video ...video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4966534750531295325&hl=en )

My worst power... hearing every misinformed/dumb statement in the world and feeling a compulsion to correct them all... with no other powers to block out those statements or to make people not be idiots.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Remember not to gurn on a windy day.

Cyvros on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Indestructable digestive system.

For the express purpose of using mentos and diet coke as a projectile spray.

So only for those.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • bboyKRILLINbboyKRILLIN Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Every time you blink, you cause the internet to shut down for 3 seconds

bboyKRILLIN on
    BBOY KRILLIN's ART cause i likes to draws an stuff
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I recall having this discussion in High School. My friend told me, "you could have a gay power like summoning leafs"

I was all, "that'd be awesome. I'd spawn leafs in my foes' lungs."

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited July 2008
    What about the ability to see into the future, but it only applies when you are about to get kicked in the junk, and then only far enough into the future to know your about to get kicked in the junk but not far enough to do anything to prevent it.

Also, the ability to know the exact second to leave your house to get to the takeout place just as your food is finished.

see317 on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The power to get hemorrhoids.

Also, this:
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Grow your finger nails really long and then retract them.

Would be really handy for a flamenco guitar player.

Godfather on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2008
    yeah I'd love the hell out of that

Tube on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone read Xanth? Sounds like spot on the wall powers. Called so because that's pretty much all the magic these people had. To make spots on a wall. Fabu!

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    edited July 2008
    The power to make anything said by anyone, ever into a sexual innuendo.

You could be king of SE++.

Deicist on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    see317 wrote: »
    Also, the ability to know the exact second to leave your house to get to the takeout place just as your food is finished.

No, we're trying for bad powers, not extremely convenient ones.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Having your vision be out of sync with time.

And not in the cool 'I see the future' way, either. I mean like, your vision shows where you were 5 minutes ago.

The Lord of Hats on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You have an extra pair of eyes, but no lids, situated on either side of your own asshole.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited July 2008
    PantsB wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

No, we're trying for bad powers, not extremely convenient ones.
    Granted, but much like the ability to make someone else fart, in a world of people multiplying themselves by the dozen or teleporting as far as they can imagine in an instant, the abilty to enjoy slightly fresher takeout food wouldn't be that great. Especially considering that a teleporter could actually get to the place and back faster and thus be enjoying takeout food while you where still driving back.

It'd be like winning 5 bucks in the lottery I guess. Not something to complain about, but still not that great.

see317 on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I gotta say that one of the worst superpowers has already been invented.

In Wanted, one of the Fraternity members is Johnny Two-Dicks.

He has two dicks.

One of which is sentient, evil, and speaks out at the most inopportune times.

Darklyre on
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Being like that girl from that recent movie, where she had teeth in her vagina.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Being like that girl from that recent movie, where she had teeth in her vagina.

That was awesome. She was practically a superhero with her justice vag.

After all, much like Ghost Rider's Penance Stare, it only harmed the wicked.

Robos A Go Go on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I gotta say that one of the worst superpowers has already been invented.

In Wanted, one of the Fraternity members is Johnny Two-Dicks.

He has two dicks.

One of which is sentient, evil, and speaks out at the most inopportune times.

Not to mention, in complete control of his body.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg