As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Pax Breakfast (Pike Place) NOW WITH PICS!

• emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was planning on doing the breakfast thing and I'm just going to have my backpack on me or within reach of me at all times for button peoples

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is anyone doing the button exchange while on the breakfast run? Just wondering.

Also, I keep saying this (probably not to you guys however), but the bus system can be complicated. If you are really confused on which bus to take, look up the King County Metro Transit. We have a good bus system, it just gets confusing sometimes. We have a trip planner there, so you can easily find out which bus to take from there. I don't always agree with the way they say is the fastest way down there, but then again, I don't take every bus in the city.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    www.google.com/transit

edit: seriously though, I don't plan on being far enough away to need a bus

and i should have my buttons on me at the breakfast

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    www.google.com/transit
    and i should have my buttons on me at the breakfast

I will attend this function if Tonkka does not post his thread about breakfast at the Original Pancake House.
    If I attend this function, I will also have my buttons with me.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • shutyourfaceshutyourface Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    any real seattlite should know that 5 Point Cafe is the place for Breakfast!

shutyourface on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The 5 Point Cafe is the only 24 hour place I haven't tried yet. However, as I'm now working 6 am - 3 pm and live in Federal Way, I rarely have the necessary excuses I used to have when I went at midnightish to Beth's, Minnie's, Randy's, the Hurricane and 13 Coins (hell, even Don's in Marysville when I was working 2nd-3rd shift network support for Boeing Everett).

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • shutyourfaceshutyourface Registered User new member
    edited July 2008
    my god i think you went to all the shitty 24 hour places haha....minnies is closed now, some odd named place that is also 24 hours is in its place.....also http://www.yelp.com/biz/five-point-cafe-seattle-2

shutyourface on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    MR.T wrote: »
    Voila! Pike Place Bar & Grill has an all you can eat Belgian Waffle bar. Plain, pecan, or with strawberries, raspberries or blueberries I'm sure they have something you might like! :P I think this might be the place some of you have been looking for!

(They also serve drinks early for lushes like Moe!) ;-)

I would advise against eating that the Pike Place Bar & Grill. ElectricTurtle and I chose to dine there about 1 year go, and we'll never set foot in there again. After a table near us left, I observed the bus boy clearing the table take the half drunk waters and pour it back into the pitcher that was being circulated around the dining room! It was so disgusting that I immediately told ElectricTurtle to put his water down, called our waiter over to get the check, and we booked it out of there FAST. :x:...: It was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen at that calibur of restaurant. We've never been back since. Just horrible. When I told them what I'd seen, the management didn't seem too concerned, so that sealed the deal for me. Take a look at their King County Health Department inspection page - lots of problems with basic hygene.

http://www.decadeonline.com/insp.phtml?agency=skc&forceresults=1&record_id=PR0003943

Just saying....

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Come on, what's a little shared saliva among friends? o_O

MR.T on
  • Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Come on, what's a little shared saliva among friends? o_O

The Words Hepatitis and C come to mind, but who knows. And I do not care if thats not how you contract it, with those health standards, it is quite possible.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was going to do the all you can eat waffles, but Astayonix scared me away from that place. After doing research and reading reviews of all the places in the OP, I finally decided on Lowells.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Words Hepatitis and C come to mind, but who knows.

...Isn't "C" a letter?

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • ThrallThrall Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    count me in, I am staying on 1st ave so it would be silly not to attend!

Thrall on
  • emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The Words Hepatitis and C come to mind, but who knows.

...Isn't "C" a letter?

Due to the theory of letter-word duality it's both

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • GameRabbitGameRabbit Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Me and my husband will probably join up for the breakfast (we're local, and we -love- eating at Pike's... and Capitol Hill, too :) )

I'm thinking a half dozen assorted from the Daily Dozen, and a baguette and coffee from Le Panier. Hard to beat!

GameRabbit on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I was going to do the all you can eat waffles, but Astayonix scared me away from that place. After doing research and reading reviews of all the places in the OP, I finally decided on Lowells.

Lowells is pretty f'n awesome. Was there in May. If you can snag a third floor window table the view simply cannot be beat.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll be sticking with Crumpets, myself. LOTS AND LOTS OF CRUMPETS! *Laughts maniacally*

MR.T on
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll be sticking with Crumpets, myself. LOTS AND LOTS OF CRUMPETS! *Laughts maniacally*

... they were good, but they aren't the only thing at the market.

fresh fruit anyone?

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

*Follows in suit* Mmm. The Denver Crumpet. Who would have thunk maple and cream cheese together would be DELICIOUS!!!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Sequential_ComboSequential_Combo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I've never gone to the crumpet place, but I hear from my girlfriends there's a redheaded guy who flirts with everyone. Personally I would rather eat fruit for breakfast, especially if it's early in the morning and it hasn't all been picked over. :)

Sequential_Combo on
    edited July 2008
    I've never gone to the crumpet place, but I hear from my girlfriends there's a redheaded guy who flirts with everyone. Personally I would rather eat fruit for breakfast, especially if it's early in the morning and it hasn't all been picked over. :)

also, there's a few fruit stands that have workers just standing there cutting up a pear or something to give you a try. hit enough of em and thats breakfast!

Lyanth on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    also, there's a few fruit stands that have workers just standing there cutting up a pear or something to give you a try. hit enough of em and thats breakfast!

LAWL! Go all Costco-sample-style on their asses. :winky: I love it when people walk up and try to grab 7 samples and say "uh, they're for my brothers..." Riiiiiight... People who come up and try to disguse themselves after multiple passes in the line get points for style 8-)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
    edited July 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »

LAWL! Go all Costco-sample-style on their asses. :winky: I love it when people walk up and try to grab 7 samples and say "uh, they're for my brothers..." Riiiiiight... People who come up and try to disguse themselves after multiple passes in the line get points for style 8-)

hey, people go to costco for a reason xD

Lyanth on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    count me in for this, it sounds tasty

The_Reflection on
  • mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Do we have to post our inness? It seems like an informal thing, but just in case: though we're getting in too late to do the pre-PAX dinner, we'll definitely be at this.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
    edited July 2008
    Do we have to post our inness? It seems like an informal thing, but just in case: though we're getting in too late to do the pre-PAX dinner, we'll definitely be at this.

it'll probably help to know how many people are coming so no one get left behind. i can see it now: Mr.T standing on the corner of the block trying to get a head count as we all mill around, still half sleep. /smirk

Lyanth on
  • Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm so in. Though, my first pick is gonna be the crumpets place as well, and it looks like I'm not alone :-)

If it looks like a majority of us are headed to crumpets, then we should stagger the waves so we don't overwhelm the staff. Or at least call them a week or two ahead of time so they're properly staffed for hungry gamers :-)

Royale Wih Cheese on
    edited July 2008
    I'm so in. Though, my first pick is gonna be the crumpets place as well, and it looks like I'm not alone :-)

If it looks like a majority of us are headed to crumpets, then we should stagger the waves so we don't overwhelm the staff. Or at least call them a week or two ahead of time so they're properly staffed for hungry gamers :-)

well, apperently they handle the early morning rush just fine every day. and also, as much as i would like to enjoy a crumpet, i may opt for humbao. so i don't think it'll be a huge issue.

Lyanth on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

well, apperently they handle the early morning rush just fine every day. and also, as much as i would like to enjoy a crumpet, i may opt for humbao. so i don't think it'll be a huge issue.

I find the Mee Sum Bakery to be substandard to others in the ID proper, with the exception of their crab rangoon-type things which kick ass. However I'm thinking of organizing a dim sum group to go to Honey Court, China Gate, or House of Hong for some real baozi.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My friend and I are new to this. We'll probably be down, seems like a good way to meet people.

magiic on
  • TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

it'll probably help to know how many people are coming so no one get left behind. i can see it now: Mr.T standing on the corner of the block trying to get a head count as we all mill around, still half sleep. /smirk
    Honestly I think it should be pretty informal, a lot of us aren't morning people so I'm not sure depending on people's punctuality will contribute to the success of this. Pretty much if you miss the group then just walk down to Pike Place Market, I'm sure we'll be easy enough to find.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
    edited July 2008
    very true transparent.

Lyanth on
    edited July 2008
    please forgive me. i felt this thread needed some love. hence a double post!

PEEPS YOU BEST BE COMING TO THIS!

Lyanth on
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think it's pretty clear everyone who's anyone will come. After all, we can get first dibs on everyone's buttons before we all run out!

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
    edited July 2008
    I think it's pretty clear everyone who's anyone will come. After all, we can get first dibs on everyone's buttons before we all run out!

exactly, m'dear friend.

Lyanth on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Honestly I think it should be pretty informal, a lot of us aren't morning people so I'm not sure depending on people's punctuality will contribute to the success of this. Pretty much if you miss the group then just walk down to Pike Place Market, I'm sure we'll be easy enough to find.

Considering many of us will be hung over, breakfast will be much enjoyed.

redhalo on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Heh, try third dibs! :D Well, for me anyways. I've got the dinner and MMTour, they get first/second dibs, respectively :P

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Snickers wrote: »

Heh, try third dibs! :D Well, for me anyways. I've got the dinner and MMTour, they get first/second dibs, respectively :P

I get to start trading when I get to my room, how do you like them apples.

Actually, I have VThornheart's buttons, so I've technically already started.

redhalo on
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    redhalo wrote: »

Well, you cheat, thats all I have to say! Also, if I decide to go to the lunch on friday, I could start trading there :D

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited July 2008

Well, you cheat, thats all I have to say! Also, if I decide to go to the lunch on friday, I could start trading there :D

hate to break it to you, but i doubt anyone else has buttons. but good luck with that.

yes, you better start trading when you get to the room! :x

Lyanth on
This discussion has been closed.